X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

UN's failure to register the Macedonia-Kosovo border demarcation agreement

MoFA: UN's failure to register Macedonia-Kosovo border demarcation agreement does not bring into question its validity

The United Nations' failure to proceed over the request for registration of the Macedonia-Kosovo border demarcation agreement does not bring into question its validity, nor can its registration or non-registration by the UN have such an effect, in line with Article 102 of the UN Charter, reads a written statement by Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) spokesman Borce Stamov regarding media reports that UN has not registered the agreement yet.

"This is a bilateral agreement concluded between two entities within the international law, as an expression of their free, legitimate and sovereign will, over an issue of mutual interest. The same refers to all other bilateral agreements that the Republic of Macedonia has concluded with Kosovo following the establishment of diplomatic relations", says Stamov.
    I would like to think the UN has avoided this because it does not acknowledge Kosovo, but have a niggling feeling that it has more to do with a complete disregard for Macedonia. As evidenced by all of its actions towards Macedonia in recent time.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    http://www.emg.rs/en/news/region/147491.html

I would like to think the UN has avoided this because it does not acknowledge Kosovo, but have a niggling feeling that it has more to do with a complete disregard for Macedonia. As evidenced by all of its actions towards Macedonia in recent time.
    Stamov actually got it right - the UN is irrelevant. Too bad the Macedonian Government gets it WRONG in relation to the Interim Acccord and everything else with regard to the UN's relevance.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Maybe they’re waiting for western Macedonia to be annexed before the border is finalized.

Comment

Working...
      X