X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Bog da go prosti.
    This should not be confused with our soldiers assisting the war effort in Afghanistan.
    I hope our people working in private firms over there are getting paid as much as the Americans are. The risk is high, so should the compensation.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bij
      • Oct 2009

bog da go prosti

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Risto most likely they are not, in Iraq all 'eastern block' contractors get a smaller paycheck compared to the 'western block' contractors.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Bog da go prosti.

I recall seeing the ads where they were offering US$120k - US$150k Salaries to Macedonians who would work in Iraq and Afghanistan in private firms such as this one and I know many Macedonians were then saying they would go and work there for 2-3 years and come back and be set up for life in Macedonia.

Unfortunately, if the above story is true, fellow Macedonain Bozidar Spasovski shows us how dangerous it is and it is cases like his that highlight just how bad it is in Macedonia that one would risk their life in such a way, for the potential of a better future.
          Last edited by Rogi; 03-09-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

bog da go prosti
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• I of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Afghanistan boiling with former Macedonian soldiers

Many Macedonian soldiers are leaving the Armed Forces and start working in U.S. firms in the Middle East, Skopje-based Alfa television station reports.

They earn up to USD 5,000 a month. The television station says both ordinary soldiers and sergeants from the wolves and scorpions squads are quitting. Alfa notes the reason for the outflow is the lack of perspective for rising salaries and the Defense Ministry’s unwillingness to sign new contracts with the professional soldiers older than 38.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Serdarot
                • Feb 2010

i will not talk about the grounds they have for that. every single man has it own grounds for such a decision.

simply, as long as the State of Macedonia (the Macedonian tax-payers) is NOT paying for them being an OCCUPYING force, as long as they dont disgrace our Nation and Land, i don´t have complains.

But in the present situation, i am fkn angry. It is a big shame on our Name.

We should NEVER again send troops on foreign teritory...

We can send Doctors, rescuers if some natural disaster hits some part of the world, but NOT Soldiers under Macedonian Flag.
                Last edited by Serdarot; 03-10-2010, 02:45 PM.
                Bratot:
                Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

serdarod i have been expressing the same sentiments since the first soldiers were sent to iraq, i was told it would help our cause diplomatically and seven years later we are still some waiting to be a part of the eu and nato and to be accepted internationally as macedonia.

it hasnt happened and it wont no matter how many of our soldiers fight and die for western geopolitical interests.

Comment

• Volk
                    • Sep 2008

The better trained our soldiers are the better, if it means going to Afghanistan as private contractors then so be it.

Our Army needs real time action.
                    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Volk, But people are dying, its a big risk.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                        Volk, But people are dying, its a big risk.
                        Well they are the risks Prolet. If there is no risk and hundreds of thousands of dollars are at offer, would i be here now responding to your post? :

But the point i want to make is, as long as people volenteer to work, and not get forced against there belief for a couple of hundreds of dollars, then i am fine with it
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Macedonians protest sending soldiers to Afghanistan

Phoenix, I think you would agree with this one.

Saturday, 20 March 2010

Movement for Social Justice "Lenka" today protested at the Universal Hall in Skopje, Macedonia to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan.

"With the latest increase in the number of troops, Macedonia climbed to 4-th place according to the number of troops per size of population. Only Britain, the Netherlands and Denmark have more troops in Afghanistan seen by size of their countries population.

"The Afghan people have never done anything wrong to the Macedonian people. On the contrary, this Universal Hall was partly build with donation from Afghanistan after Skopje's quake in 1963. Therefore, if indeed there is a desire to help the Afghan people, it is only appropriate for the Macedonian Government to send food to the hungry, shelter the homeless, provide medicine for the sick instead of spending money to send troops, "said the association.

According to them, the peacekeeping mission in Afghanistan can not be called a peacekeeping one because 'peacekeepers' who are currently there wage bloody war against the Afghans.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

I know very little about the situation in Afghanistan. I do agree we should not send any soldiers. But i don't agree entirely on the claims we are waging war on Afghans. The Taliban who was created by the west, are evil and i feel the ordinary Afaghans do not want the Taliban around and apreiciate international soldiers.

I am glad that Macedonians are protesting but i would protest for diferant reasons. It would be an anti Nato protest rather than a pro Afghan one.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Bill, But at the same time we are fighting a war on terror here.

Its a fight against the Taliban forces

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                                Bill, But at the same time we are fighting a war on terror here.

Its a fight against the Taliban forces
                                You realy think thats the reason our government send troops there or they give a shit about the Taliban?

Comment

Working...
                                X