Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

jules that will be 1 trillion dollars,i think trhey will have to hand greece over to the eu.They can kiss their land goodbye including the agean area which was not theirs but was occupied in 1913 in the balkan wars.Perhaps the eu can give it back to the macedonians??wishfull thinking.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Volk View Post
      They will only get thiers if we give it to them
      They will get it when they give it to themselves…Macedonia is too small to do it and if anyone bigger tries the west is there to step in and even when the stumble themselves the west jumps in ie the bail out…where’s WikiLeaks to tell us what the Greeks have on the west to make them support the Greeks so much.

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
        They will get it when they give it to themselves…Macedonia is too small to do it and if anyone bigger tries the west is there to step in and even when the stumble themselves the west jumps in ie the bail out…where’s WikiLeaks to tell us what the Greeks have on the west to make them support the Greeks so much.
        Their recent borrowings of 250billion Euro added to the 1.2 trillion they owe, yet the west continues to lend. They allow Greece to hold Macedonia at ransom.
        A very logical question Ozi. I would like to know what the hold is too
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

I wonder on what basis are they going to sue? The wines themselves are not called Macedonia they come from Macedonia. The copyright laws cant cant be used if a copyright name is not used, this is just another political battle over our name.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
            • May 2010

Or we can work to fight the lawsuit and not assume all is lost before we even try. The Macedonian winemaking industry has a perfect opportunity to unite and develop strategies on how deal with this type trade aggression. Any ideas out there on how to wage trade battle with a hostile neighbour?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
              Or we can work to fight the lawsuit and not assume all is lost before we even try. The Macedonian winemaking industry has a perfect opportunity to unite and develop strategies on how deal with this type trade aggression. Any ideas out there on how to wage trade battle with a hostile neighbour?
              MB, the Macedonian Government has had ample opportunity to fight this kind of aggression and done little. The message from the Government reverberates loud and clear unfortunately. It sets an awful precedent for the country's citizens.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                MB, the Macedonian Government has had ample opportunity to fight this kind of aggression and done little. The message from the Government reverberates loud and clear unfortunately. It sets an awful precedent for the country's citizens.
                So what you are saying is that the government has a vested interested in watching the wine industry collapse?

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Not at all, I am saying it has a duty that it has failed. This is merely the fallout.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                    • May 2010

I think one problem in Macedonia is that the population still await the government to come in create jobs and deal with problems. The grassroots industries that are affected by these trade wars need to unite and strategize on how to battle.

Germany and Slovenia are still markets that our exporters need to pursue and we can't be intimidated by lawsuits or any other embargos. The effected industries are getting a massive reality dose here - if they survive it - they will be much stronger and capable and if they don't then...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

MB, I am sure the post Jugo commie handout mentality still exists in Macedonia.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        MB, I am sure the post Jugo commie handout mentality still exists in Macedonia.
                        Risto - you're right - it totally is. I was just speaking with a family member that spent a month in Skopje not long ago. This exact comment was made - she felt that the population is basically waiting for the government to create jobs and industry for them. This was the old Jugoslavia way of doing things - it the old fashioned way that doesn't work.

I see these bans as opportunities not problems - I say bring them on. If the winemaking industry, as an example, just rolls over waiting for some government official to show up and solve the problems they will be sadly let down. These people need to get angry either by standing up to their government or fighting the EU.

If our industries expect to compete in the modern world they had better figure out how they will battle these forces - and there are ways. Otherwise forget wine and they go into basket making.

We need more provocations like this - not less. Then we will reach the tipping point. The tipping point of when Macedonia actualizes itself and becomes a nation.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Risto, What Jugo Commie handout mentality?

The Severno Grci are suing the bottle shops in Germany, not our wine makers. They dont have a case because there is no wine with the name Macedonia on it, it just says that it comes from Macedonia.

This is a strong case and i think we got a good chance to put an end to this bullying.
                          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• fyrOM
                            Banned
                            • Feb 2010

And who’s going to do it Prolet.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                              Risto, What Jugo Commie handout mentality
                              Prolet, the discussion took a slight turn between Mr Brandy and myself. He went on to say:
                              the population is basically waiting for the government to create jobs and industry for them.
                              Which is the kind of mentality I agree with. This kind of mentality does not exist in USA and barely exists in Australia. It is not easy shaking off the steady hand of Jugoslavia .... but it is worth it.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Risto, We have to do things ourselves we cant rely on others to do it for us, Jugoslavija is gone now all thats left are the memories for those who are old enough to remember.

The question we should all be asking ourselves is how long do we put up with all this bullying? Our wine is our pride, we are one of the best wine makers in Europe along with France and Spain.

Comment

Working...
                                X