• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Welcome KM.
    Agreed.
    Did you really need a Greek prince as an avatar?
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• KingMac
      • Apr 2009

Thank you Risto the Great! Being a king and one with big ears this was the only available option for me to choose. My choice was based on ear size and not his royal linage.
      If the picture offends you I can change it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by KingMac View Post
        Being a king and one with big ears this was the only available option for me to choose. My choice was based on ear size and not his royal linage.
        Ha ha, gold!
        Nema problem. Not many real Greeks anyway.
        Looking forward to your contributions.

pozdrav
        Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

What right has greece got to interfere like that & to dictate to another country like slovenia
          is nothing short of stupidity.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Od sada „makedonsko“ vino samo iz – Grčke

Vinari iz Makedonije više ne mogu da izvoze svoj proizvod u zemlje EU ukoliko je geografsko poreklo na etiketama navedeno kao „makedonsko“. Grčka je još 1989. zaštitila pridev „makedonski“.

Krajem 2009. godine nemačke vlasti otkrile su da se u supermarketima u toj zemlji prodaje „makedonsko“ vino, posle čega su zatražili mišljenje od Evropske komisije. Komesarijat za poljoprivredu u Briselu im je potom potvrdio da vino pod nazivom „makedonsko“ može da se uvozi u zemlje Unije samo iz Grčke, pošto je Atina zaštitila to geografsko poreklo.

Izvori u Evropskoj komisiji, koji su insistirali na anonimnosti, potvrdili su za DW da će se ta odluka u budućnosti oštrije primenjivati. Isti izvor objašnjava da je jedan od razloga što je Makedonija bez većih problema u proteklih 20-tak godina izvozila „makedonsko“ vino u zemlje EU, u tome što se najverovatnije radilo o niskokvalitetnom vinu, pa zbog toga niko nije ni reagovao na njegovo geografsko poreklo.

Ali otkad je u zadnjih par godina nekoliko privatnih makedonskih vinarija pokušalo da se probije na evropsko tržište sa visokokvalitetnim vinom, Grčka je oštrije reagovala. Makedonske vlasti tvrde da se radi o novoj kampanji Atine, čiji su diplomatski predstavnici u Nemačkoj i Sloveniji tražili od nadležnih organa u tim zemljama da se zabrani prodaja vina iz Makedonije.

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

Грција прва се сетила

Според регулативата на Европската комисија 479/2008, географската ознака се штити со ознака на потекло на производ и географски назив. Земјите-членки на ЕУ со овој закон ги штитат производите што се произведуваат на определени географски подрачја, а законот важи на територијата на Унијата. Самата заштита се врши во одделот за земјоделство и рурален развој во рамките на ЕК. Грција одамна го има заштитено и македонското географско потекло како исклучиво нејзино, а во службениот весник на ЕУ на 15 септември 1989-та е заштитен и терминот „Македонија“ како грчки.

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                Od sada „makedonsko“ vino samo iz – Grčke

Vinari iz Makedonije više ne mogu da izvoze svoj proizvod u zemlje EU ukoliko je geografsko poreklo na etiketama navedeno kao „makedonsko“. Grčka je još 1989. zaštitila pridev „makedonski“.

Krajem 2009. godine nemačke vlasti otkrile su da se u supermarketima u toj zemlji prodaje „makedonsko“ vino, posle čega su zatražili mišljenje od Evropske komisije. Komesarijat za poljoprivredu u Briselu im je potom potvrdio da vino pod nazivom „makedonsko“ može da se uvozi u zemlje Unije samo iz Grčke, pošto je Atina zaštitila to geografsko poreklo.

Izvori u Evropskoj komisiji, koji su insistirali na anonimnosti, potvrdili su za DW da će se ta odluka u budućnosti oštrije primenjivati. Isti izvor objašnjava da je jedan od razloga što je Makedonija bez većih problema u proteklih 20-tak godina izvozila „makedonsko“ vino u zemlje EU, u tome što se najverovatnije radilo o niskokvalitetnom vinu, pa zbog toga niko nije ni reagovao na njegovo geografsko poreklo.

Ali otkad je u zadnjih par godina nekoliko privatnih makedonskih vinarija pokušalo da se probije na evropsko tržište sa visokokvalitetnim vinom, Grčka je oštrije reagovala. Makedonske vlasti tvrde da se radi o novoj kampanji Atine, čiji su diplomatski predstavnici u Nemačkoj i Sloveniji tražili od nadležnih organa u tim zemljama da se zabrani prodaja vina iz Makedonije.

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,...-2569-xml-mrss
                And macedonia wants to join the EU, the same organisation that is pretty much saying the word "macedonia" is "property" of grease, and its not just exclusive to wine but also people, culture, history as well...

Cant wait untill the EU fails

Comment

• Bratot
                  • Sep 2008

Winemakers' suit over Macedonia PDO

(ANA-MPA) -- A local cooperative of winemakers in northern Greece on Wednesday announced that it will file a lawsuit in Germany against distributors and super market retailers offering wines from the neighbouring former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (fYRoM) under the indication "Macedonia".

The president of the Association of Winemakers & Viticulturalists of Northern Greece (ENOABE), Yiannis Voyiatzis, noted that several retailers in Germany have already complied with European law and removed the wines from their shelves.

The term "Macedonia" enjoys a European Union-mandated Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) status for wines produced in the Greek province of Macedonia, which dominates northern Greece and is the land mass linked with historical and geographical Macedonia.

"This specific geographic designation is only allowed for wines emanating from the geographic province of Macedonia in Greece," Voyiatzis.

Along those lines, he noted that the circulation of wines from the former Yugoslav republic to Greece's immediate north bearing the stand-alone name "Macedonia" or "Macedonian" was recently banned in Slovenia, as well.

According to the ENOABE president, his association has been in contact with the Greek embassies in all EU member-states in order to ascertain whether similar instances of illegal wine branding has occurred. (ANA-MPA)

Έγκυρη και έγκαιρη ενημέρωση, με τα νέα από την Ελλάδα, την Ευρώπη και τον κόσμο 24 ώρες το 24ωρο, παρέχει το Αθηναϊκό Πρακτορείο Ειδήσεων - Μακεδονικό Πρακτορείο Ειδήσεων.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

A logical progression.
                    Good luck to the Greeks for capitalising on a fundamental weakness of Macedonians.

Do I sound like a Greek?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• fyrOM
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

You know when something is too obvious and you think it cant be right. I must be missing something but doesn’t Macedonia the region extend into Bulgaria and Albania and not only in Greece or RoM so who gave Greece the right to register the name Macedonia for their exclusive use and by what right.

If the wine is referred to by regional name could I not be a wine maker in Pirin Macedonia and have the right to label my wine Macedonia. So as not to create confusion then maybe I could label it Macedonia Bulgaria and likewise the Greeks should label their wine Macedonia Greece and so could not a wine in RoM be labelled Macedonia Rep of Macedonia. Any thinking wine customer must be able to distinguish between the labels.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Perhaps we (real) Macedonians could whimper a feeble reply and insist our wines are labelled "MACEDONIA TIER 2" as a way of broadcasting our fundamental belief that we (real) Macedonians do not really deserve it.

Or possibly we Macedonians should consider fixing this Gordian knot for once and all.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Lion of Macedon
                          • Jun 2010

The greeks are disgusting! karma is a bitch and one day we will not be around to see but greece will get their's!
                          ITS NOT THE LION WHO FIGHT'S BUT THE FIGHT WITHIN THE LION - SMRT ILI SLOBODA!

Comment

• Volk
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Lion of Macedon View Post
                            The greeks are disgusting! karma is a bitch and one day we will not be around to see but greece will get their's!
                            They will only get thiers if we give it to them
                            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

bbs ois right in what he is saying.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

Originally posted by Lion of Macedon View Post
                                I admire your patriotism. However, the West has always bailed Greece out my brother. They created a state for the vlachs 170 years ago , Greece owes 250 billion dollars, and this debt will blow to 1000 billion dollars in a few years. The west will continue to come to their aid. Volk is correct, unless there is a revolt, Greece will continue to be patted on the head like a small child that has spit its dummy and will succumb to their tantrums
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X