Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonche
    • Oct 2008

Wouldn't it be appropriate for the ROM govt. to start insisting on their own labelling requirements from those countries imposing boycotts on goods or a change of labelling requirement in order for Macedonian products to be sold elsewhere? I propose we start with Greece, anything that comes from there with any hint/suggestion or attempt to be labelled Macedonian should be stopped at the border and sent back as unidentifiable goods not complying with ROM standards - give these arseholes a taste of their own medicine!
    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Phoenix it is exactly what they will do if Macedonia cannot find another outlet to sell the wine. It’s a simple but effective trick…point the finger at someone else ie the eu then pretend to be a nice guy wanting to help the Macedonians with their glut of wine by buying bulk at a hefty discount for bottling in Slovenia as made in Slovenia. Do the deed and still come up smelling roses while toasting your windfall as you laugh about the seljaci who haven’t got a clue and are still clambering to be your friend.

Exactly right Makedonce the only way to fight injustice is to highlight it on ever instance no matter how small and apply similar standards imposed on you.

Comment

• Frank
        Banned
        • Mar 2010

No reaction by the Macedonian Government can anyone confirm the story behind this thread is in fact true, surely someone in Macedonia would have blinked an eye

Comment

• Jankovska
          • Sep 2008

It doesn't surprise me, our gov are strong on words when there is an interview in Macedonia, when they need to action or say something on international level they are all guttless fools

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            I'm surprised people are disappointed by Slovenia's actions, this has always been our relationship with Slovenia, they've sucked whatever they could out of the Macedonian economy over the years and have NEVER supported Macedonia on the EU/NATO journey...

Throw this latest incident into the 'disappointment basket', along with the many others...forget about Slovenia, I wouldn't expect anything from them.

Those shifty motherfuckers will no doubt cut a 'deal' with the Macedonian wine producers, whereby they will once again market Macedonian poducts as 'made in slovenia', they will use this opportunity to line their own pockets...again.
            LOL. Pretty much a good/accurate prediction of what the slimy slowvenians would do.

I mean they have already done this with creation vegetta, claim it as a “Slovenian” food, when in fact it is made and produced in croatia. They even have slapped on the “made in slovenia” label as well, what fools.

They have already stolen Macedonian Ajvar, claiming it as another of their “national foods” and “made in slovenia”. LOL

I think they also claim the Macedonian cevupche sausages as well.

What a boring bunch of people, to useless and boring to create anything of their own, so they steal things off other peoples. No wonder the boring slowvenians are in bed with grease, they have a common history of stealing things from other peoples and being frauds.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              I cannot think of a single thing that would make Macedonians in Macedonia rise en masse. I fear this will simply be another blow to Macedonian pride and there will be a grudging acceptance of it because Macedonians don't think they deserve to be treated any other way.
              Unfortunately I think you are right mate.

The Macedonians have been slapped with humiliation year after year and just bend over and take it, with a huge fake smile as well.

Wether it was accepting the name of FYROM, the change of flag by the government, the ohrid agreement, the fake census, the failed referendum, constant shiptar terrorism and bullying, politicians playing with our identity etc – they still don’t give a flying fuck.

I always laugh when I hear big shot Macedonians saying things like “if gruevski changes our name, he is going to get killed” or something along those lines. I just think in my head, were where all you tough guys when the government changed our flag, our name, or any of the other hundreds of times we have been humiliated and shafted….

Comment

• Venom
                • Sep 2008

This will, as per motherfucking usual, go uncontested by Macedonian politicians.
                S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Frank
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2010

Big Bad Sven the term Macedonian Nationalist most on this forum stay clear from.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    Big Bad Sven the term Macedonian Nationalist most on this forum stay clear from.
                    Frank, it appears your interpretation of this forum is lacking.
                    Perhaps you should read the Macedonian Cause again.
                    Let me know where you differ from it.

I believe the Administrators of this forum and many other like minded people are quite the "nationalists". Taking the time to decipher what it means might be a pursuit you could be interested in.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                      • Sep 2008

I would be very grateful to a link where I can read with my own eyes that Slovenia tried to steal "Vegeta" from the Croatians.
                      That would be most interesting.

I don´t think that we stole "Macedonian Ajvar". I think Slovenians tried to register the name "Ajvar" but failed. (Thank god)
                      And sure it actually IS a national dish nowadays in Slovenia. Do you actually suggest that Ajvar that is produced/made in Slovenia must be labelled "Made in Macedonia"?

Comment

• fyrOM
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2010

The debate on ajvar is one of the specific vs. the generic ie ajvar as a brand vs. merely a generic food stuff label.

No one can stop you buying and frying up some chillies to eat and its called ajvar but try and bottle it commercially and it steps on toes.

A name like chilli relish is generic as a foods stuff description so by all means make a commercial product and call it something like Slovenian chilli relish. Besides I heard Slovenia was buying up chillies in bulk from Macedonia which it then uses to make ajvar commercially. Maybe its to give it an authentic flavour. Although I don’t exactly like the flavour of the commercial stuff and always prefer home made.

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                          • Sep 2008

I know all those "rules" about generic and so on...but does Macedonia own the name Ajvar? If not, we can make ajvar in Sweden and call it Ajvar. They can make Ajvar in Uzbekistan and call it Ajvar. And by the way, the always splendid wikipedia states that Ajvar is Serbian in origin.
                          If a Macedonian in Australia makes homemade Ajvar in the kitchen, is it allowed to be called Ajvar? If a, lets say, lebanese friend of this Macedonian makes the Ajvar in that kitchen, with the same ingredients and the same tools, does he have to call it "Lebanese Chilli Relish"?

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                            • Nov 2009

No one can own the name "Ajvar", it's like "Cola" and "Chocolate" etc you can't own them.

Comment

• fyrOM
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

Haha…While you are at asking the Serbs what they own or make you might as well ask the Greeks Bulgarians and Albanians. Maybe the Serbs made ajvar when we were good South Serbs.

Although the generic term coffee is used in Macedonia if you order a coffee there it is understood to mean Turkish style coffee and always acknowledged as such. We have never tried to claim it as our own unlike the Greeks who kicked up a fuss in Australia to an Australian coffee making company who then came out with another product called Greek style coffee as well as the original jars of Turkish style. Funny thing is both tasted about the same…I don’t know maybe because they were both made by the same company and probably in the same factory and machines. Fortunately they were the only company to weaken and come out with the new Greek style while other companies just said go away.

How’s about calling it Macedonian style chilli relish or Macedonian style ajvar.

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

Sadly DtG with multiple claims the word ajvar has been generalised but we all know Coke came up with the cola drink and still no one can make it exactly the same and claim it as their own. Have you noticed all other cola drinks are different to Coke yet ajvar has been allowed to be over generalised.

Comment

Working...
                                X