Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

This obsession with "recognition" is really starting to bother me. Do Macedonians have some sort of complex? Did their parents fail in their upbringing in some way?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, We should recognize them not the other way around you are right and i dont like it when SPC interferes with our affairs. What is your opinion of Serbian ArchBishop Irinej pushing to implement the Nish Accord??
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Prolet, you are wrong. The MOC is not a part of the Serbian hierarchy, that is what the Serbs would like, but that isn't the case. The MOC is autocephalous, its status is not the issue, recognition from our 'brothers' is (where it concerns the Orthodox world). The SOC exercises no official power over the MOC, that is a ridiculous assertion.

Your generalised assumption about Montenegrins is also incorrect.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
          Vangelovski, We should recognize them not the other way around you are right and i dont like it when SPC interferes with our affairs. What is your opinion of Serbian ArchBishop Irinej pushing to implement the Nish Accord??
          I think my original post in this thread relay's my opinion. In the matter of MOC, our clergy should be spreading the Good News in order to bring as many people to salvation as possible. That is their primary role. They also have secondary roles, i.e., helping the poor etc. However, I don't think they should be wasting their time negotiating the status of the MOC. God is not going to ask us if other Orthodox churches "recognise" us. He is going to ask each and every one of us if we personally accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

SOM, That was my impression when i went to MonteNegro who knows maybe im wrong however you dont see Big Serbian Flags on top of our churches in Stari Kraj when you go do you??

Also im not disagreeing with you, however where do we stand in the international Orthodox world with our current status?? Whenever there is an Orthodox conference MPC is never invited while you see Vranishkovski on the Serbian side, how are we viewed in the international Church World?? This is what i meant about the SPC Hierarchy, we are autonomous however we fall under their umbrella.

Its a shame that there is an Albanian Orthodox Church a country which is labeled as Muslim however we are a strong Orthodox country and we dont have a recognized Orthodox Church its disgusting.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, thats how it should be the church should be the key organization in helping out the poor and the sick, especially the kids without homes,the blind etc Its very sad when you hear people who are in charge of facilities of children without homes (Deca bez Domovi) saying that they never get any help from the main churches its very sad.

When we have somebody like Mother Teresa who spent her whole life helping others we really need to set the example for ourselves.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Vangelovski, thats how it should be the church should be the key organization in helping out the poor and the sick, especially the kids without homes,the blind etc Its very sad when you hear people who are in charge of facilities of children without homes (Deca bez Domovi) saying that they never get any help from the main churches its very sad.

When we have somebody like Mother Teresa who spent her whole life helping others we really need to set the example for ourselves.
                Prolet - that is a SECONDARY role of the church - the PRIMARY role should be spreading the Good News and helping people find salvation.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

I agree totally, both are very important.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet
                    Whenever there is an Orthodox conference MPC is never invited while you see Vranishkovski on the Serbian side, how are we viewed in the international Church World?? This is what i meant about the SPC Hierarchy, we are autonomous however we fall under their umbrella.
                    Prolet, Vranishko represents himself and his 2-3 followers in Macedonia, that's about it. Your suggestion about the 'umbrella' is incorrect, we are autocephalous already, the SOC doesn't recognise this. To me, the SOC is as irrelevant as we are to the SOC. Who cares. Long live Macedonia.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      I think my original post in this thread relay's my opinion. In the matter of MOC, our clergy should be spreading the Good News in order to bring as many people to salvation as possible. That is their primary role. They also have secondary roles, i.e., helping the poor etc. However, I don't think they should be wasting their time negotiating the status of the MOC. God is not going to ask us if other Orthodox churches "recognise" us. He is going to ask each and every one of us if we personally accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.
                      Shit Vangelovki, lately you are starting to talk like i the way i think. Its scary. lol

I would also like to add is, if the MOC want to survive, the church should also stay in touch with the youth, by getting them interested and involved somehow. Bible studie class's and youth groups are very important.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Prolet, Vranishko represents himself and his 2-3 followers in Macedonia, that's about it. Your suggestion about the 'umbrella' is incorrect, we are autocephalous already, the SOC doesn't recognise this. To me, the SOC is as irrelevant as we are to the SOC. Who cares. Long live Macedonia.
                        SOM, I totally agree and regardless to how SPC or other other churches think i couldnt care less, however is there one Orthodox Church that recognizes MPC?? I was only suggesting how we are viewed by the others. The Bulgarian and Greek Orthodox Churches are also supporting the Serbs.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

I don't think there is one Prolet, but then again, do you think Constantinople has always been comfortable with the autonomous nature of Ohrid? Or any other church for that matter? Just take a look at their reaction to the creation of Greek and Bulgar churches in the 19th century, things differ now because the Greek-speaking clergy has corrupted and polluted Constantinople with their Neohellenic nationalism (the same Neohellenism they furiously rejected when it first transpired during the 1800's). It is not us, but them, who have corrupted Orthodoxy to its foundations.

Vangelovski said it best when he stated: I don't think they should be wasting their time negotiating the status of the MOC. God is not going to ask us if other Orthodox churches "recognise" us. - Before the eyes of God, we are all equal, we don't deny anybody's equality in this respect, it is the Serbs, Greeks and Bulgars who do. Let God be the judge.

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

Aegean Macedonia was under the jurisdiction of the Ohrid Archbishopric.

When the Ohrid Archbishopric was abolished, the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople took jurisdiction over all diocese in Aegean Macedonia.

Today, all of Aegean Macedonia is still under the jurisdiction of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople and not under the Greek Orthodox Church (GOC).

Currently, the GOC only administers the dioceses in Aegean Macedonia because of an agreement with Constantinople, but the GOC does not have a legitimate jurisdiction over those dioceses.

There is a school of thought, and perhaps the explanation of the Greek position (and thus the Serbian position), that if the Macedonian Orthodox Church is recognised by the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, as the legitimate heir of the Ohrid Archbishopric, then the Macedonian Orthodox Church could and would have legitimate claims for jurisdiction over the dioceses in Aegean Macedonia.

Therein lies the problem and the reason why Greece will do anything to keep the Serbian Orthodox Church from recognising the autocephaly of the Macedonian Orthodox Church.

Comment

• Prolet
                              • Sep 2009

Interesting point raised, whats the current situation in Pirinska Makedonija?? Im sure the Bulgarians are just as concerned.

Comment

• Komita
                                • May 2009

SOM, Technically the way things stand at this moment we are an Autonomous SPC church just like the MonteNegran Orthodox church is for example. I cant speculate about ArchBishop Stefan however three of his Bishops signed the Nish Accord and he didnt sanction them or at least nothing was given out in public so i'll let you make up your own mind.

I will say that i dont like how things are going at the moment, because the Nish Accord was never implemented and the Serbian ArchBishop is pushing for it which doesnt give us Aftokefalnost at all, we still remain part of the SPC Hierarchy.
                                Prolet sto posting about stuff you dont know.
                                The Montenegrin Orthodox Church is a part of SPC and a overwhelming majority in Montengero is a part of it, it holds the highest confidence among the people in Montenegro higher then the government, police etc.
                                The Montenegrin church your talking about has about 30 000 followers mostly around Cetinje.
                                Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

Working...
                                X