Europe's Trojan Horse, Sunday Telegraph 27/03/1994!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Europe's Trojan Horse, Sunday Telegraph 27/03/1994!

I know it is a tad old but it is still news...

Here is an interesting article that was published in the London newspaper 'Sunday Telegraph' 27 March 1994 by a person called 'Profile'.

Source: "Greece: The Modern Sequel from 1831 to Present" by John S. Koliopoulos and Thanos M. Veremis, 2002, page 273-274.

And here is the answer to the above article by the then Greek Ambassador in London, Elias Gounaris, which was published 3 April 1994 in the same newspaper:

Source: "Greece: The Modern Sequel from 1831 to Present" by John S. Koliopoulos and Thanos M. Veremis, 2002, page 274-275.

So which conclusions can we draw from the above texts.....
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Well, the original anonymous author was proven to be correct in every way.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

There are more recent reports calling Greece "Russia's Trojan Horse in Europe" by one of George Soros' more prominent think tanks. Search around for it.

But here's something even more recent than that one:
      The Greek crisis shows that the EU is still only halfway toward creating a viable monetary union. Unless it creates a proper emergency financing mechanism – and pushes for political integration required to make such a mechanism feasible – the next crisis will make this one look like a walk in the park.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Bump. I think alot of people forget how long ago Greece was seen as an economic disaster.
        Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

And i saw this article today after you bumped up this one;

A cautionary tale from George I, King of the Hellenes

George Papandreou with Venizelos supporters in the 1920s - the surnames don't change much

EU leaders are still, hilariously, claiming that Greece will avoid a default and meet its obligations. Greek political leaders, with equal comedy, insist that they really are going to raise revenue and cut spending.

Here's a little story for those who are tempted to place too much trust in Greek politicians. It is recounted in the Duke of Edinburgh's biography.

Shortly after George I – since Philip's grandfather – had ascended to the Hellenic throne, he called a Cabinet meeting. Around the table were the patriarchs of Greek politics, men whose surnames still dominate contemporary administrations. During the discussion, the young monarch rose from the table in order to illustrate his point on a wall map. When he returned to his chair, his gold fountain pen was missing.

The king asked for the pen to be returned, but no one moved. He asked again. Nothing. Eventually, he declared:

'Gentlemen, this joke has gone far enough. I shall now turn off the lights. If, when I switch them back on, the pen is back in its place, we shall say no more about it'.

He switched off the lights. When they came back on, his silver inkstand had vanished too.

September 24th, 2011

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...k-politicians/

The comments below the article are so harsh. Greeks might end up being the most hated people by western Europeans because of this crisis and neverending bailouts.
          Last edited by Onur; 09-24-2011, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

That was a good bump TM!
            Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

Working...
            X