X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SBEPOT View Post
    Russia doesn't care about us. They're doing this for their own interests.
    So does every other nation in the world when it comes to foreign relations. Its normal to deal for the sake of benefiting your own interests.

Macedonia is ready for such a deal, as it will boost constant political dialogue and deepen the cooperation in several areas: economy, energy, culture, education, tourism etc, Kostadinovski said.
    It is in our best interest aswell. Apart from possibly boosting our economy, energy, tourism etc, Our Government can show the world and its own citizens, we have other avenues apart from EU which is the most important message for now.

Look at the highlited section.
    economy, energy, culture, education, tourism
    They would almost definetly be in danger if the EU takes over. Where as dealing with other powers such as Russia, i can't see any threat to our economy, energy, culture, education, tourism.

Russia would be our first step, next we should talk with China. This would be the best option in my opinion.
    Last edited by Bill77; 08-26-2010, 02:33 AM.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• johnMKD
      • Apr 2010

I believe Russia is playing on both sides when it comes to the name issue; Macedonia needs to be extra careful with its relations with Russia. Of course, on the other hand, any proposal that would promote economy, energy, tourism etc is welcome
      China could also be a great ally in all these fields, btw
      Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
        I believe Russia is playing on both sides when it comes to the name issue; Macedonia needs to be extra careful with its relations with Russia. Of course, on the other hand, any proposal that would promote economy, energy, tourism etc is welcome
        China could also be a great ally in all these fields, btw
        I think Russia was the first to recognise ROM under its constitutional name. I'm not sure what they say to Greek diplomats, but clearly actions speak louder than words.

Comment

• johnMKD
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
          I think Russia was the first to recognise ROM under its constitutional name. I'm not sure what they say to Greek diplomats, but clearly actions speak louder than words.
          I know they were the first to recognise RoM, but I also know that they publicly said that any name that would accepted for bilateral conditions would be acceptable for them as well. This implies a compromise to Macedonian name and identity, if I am not mistaken. That's why I'm saying that they play on both sides...
          Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
            I know they were the first to recognise RoM, but I also know that they publicly said that any name that would accepted for bilateral conditions would be acceptable for them as well. This implies a compromise to Macedonian name and identity, if I am not mistaken. That's why I'm saying that they play on both sides...
            John, Naturally something that does not directly concern Russia would be acceptable. Why would they or anybody jump up and down in anger regarding this Name negotiations when it does not concern them. Evan our current closest friend Turkey would accept any compromise we might accept.

Reality is, unless Macedonia give in, Russia will keep on refering to us by our constitutional name and with that in place, they can now sit on the fence as long as they like and play diplomatic games with Greece.

Comment

• johnMKD
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              John, Naturally something that does not directly concern Russia would be acceptable. Why would they or anybody jump up and down in anger regarding this Name negotiations when it does not concern them. Evan our current closest friend Turkey would accept any compromise we might accept.

Reality is, unless Macedonia give in, Russia will keep on refering to us by our constitutional name and with that in place, they can now sit on the fence as long as they like and play diplomatic games with Greece.
              Agreed.

It's therefore in the hands of Macedonia and Macedonian people to accept a solution, without compromising their identity. Russia and the others will just follow, a you said.

The only problem is that Greece would most likely not accept such a solution, since their target is the mere identity of the Macedonian people.

However, I do hope that a solution could be found while leaving intact our identity. Good neighbouring relations never hurt nobody.
              Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Who gives a shit what Greece would accept?

The Russians might be useful only if the position of Macedonia streingthen, mainly economically, that's the only safe way to have Macedonians change their orientation. It would cost almost nothing, for a country like Russia but it would give them a lot in geopolitical strategy.

The pipeline and other energetic investitions are very important, but don't expect a charity foundation, cause they will charge us enough to make it worth for them and ..they will have strong instrument of controling our government, just like they do in Belarus or Ukraine...
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• MacoLionHeartSun
                  • Jun 2010

[QUOTEWho gives a shit what Greece would accept?]
                  Well said Bratot
                  If Macedonia stopped talking to the Greeks/ Hellarse about the Name there would not be a name issue.
                  Russia, China & the US should be the alternative option when investment is concerned great example the gas pipeline, as Macedonia captures the opertunity to build closer ties with these greater powers the Union may reconsider the effortless stance with Hellarse and the other PIGS, Macedonia needs to, also be able..? to control its own destiny for the benefit of ROM.

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Gazprom and Government to discuss Macedonia's South Stream involvement

Lets hope they can get this project started

Monday, 27 September 2010

Delegation of Russian company "Gazprom" will discuss Macedonia's involvement in the South Stream route with Government officials on Friday, said Vice Premier and Finance Minister Zoran Stavreski.

He stressed the Government would attempt to convince "Gazprom" representatives on the possibilities for Macedonia's involvement in the project.

"We will do everything in our power to convince 'Gazprom' officials on the possibilities that provide profitability of the project both for the company and Macedonia, through the country's involvement as transport corridor of South Stream or inclusion in one branch, which is of significance for the future stability and security of gas supply", said Vice Premier Stavreski.

"Gazprom" will be represented by two directors and a vice-president at the Friday meeting.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bratot
                      • Sep 2008

Macedonia to start talks on joining South Stream with Russia's Gazprom

The FINANCIAL -- Macedonia will hold talks on October 1 with Russian gas giant Gazprom on joining the South Stream gas pipeline project, which will bring Russian gas to Europe via the Black Sea, Macedonia's Finance Ministry said on September 28, according to RIA Novosti.

"We will do our best to persuade Gazprom that the project is profitable both for the company and for the Republic of Macedonia thanks to the creation of a South Stream transportation corridor leg in the country. It is of great importance for future stability and safety of gas supplies," the ministry quoted its head Zoran Stavreski as saying.

The Russian government has signed intergovernmental agreements with Bulgaria, Serbia, Hungary, Greece, Slovenia, Croatia and Austria to implement the land phase of the project, which aims to ship up to 63 billion cubic meters of Russian gas per year under the Black Sea to central and southern Europe.

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Why should we convice them? We payed them $60 million already, they are only sorting out the technical side of things now. The Agreement was signed in St Petersburg with Gjorgje Ivanov and Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller.
                        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

We didn't exactly 'pay them', we just said 'take it out of the $90m you already owe us'...

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

They took all of it actually, it was a $60 Million debt that was owed to us by Russia while they were part of USSR and we were part of SFRJ. When you look at it, its our money and it was invested back into Gasprom which is owned by the Russian Government. All up its going to cost around $200 Million they are saying so we have to pay even more.

Comment

• XRVOL
                              • Jan 2009

It's worth it.

Comment

• Bratot
                                • Sep 2008

If this South Stream could provide us better geostrategical position (surely it can) and making some balance between Macedonia and it's surrounding than I would support the entrance of Gazrpom even if we are in loss.

If this will not be realized than we are put strictly under one sphere of influence limiting our maneuver possibilities.

In this moment the Russian investition is very welcomed.

Comment

Working...
                                X