X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
    The ICJ case will hopefully put to rest the idea that there's some sort of 'grand plan' at play.
    Those unwilling to criticize gruevski on this matter have done so by supporting this fanciful notion that it's part of some mystical 'grand plan' he has for defending Macedonian interests.

I think gruevski has backed himself into a corner and will lose even more support from Macedonians if the status quo remains i.e. If he continues to engage in the futility of trading our identity to win greek favour at NATO and the EU.
    Perhaps if nothing else, the Macedonian Government's amateurism will finally be obvious to all.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Brian
      Banned
      • Oct 2011

If anyone thought it was too early to protest, news like this surely acts as a wake up call. Unfortunately I fear what happens in RoM will count regardless of what the diaspora does.

I think implementing a facial recognition and or eye recognition, like that article I mentioned once, to prove the ethnic Albanians do not deserve anything will go towards credibility when ripping up the FA and their veto 'rights' when making nul and void the IA. But then again, look who I am talking about, the guy with no credibility. The EU is 'fools gold' anyway and should be abandoned regardless of any name change issue, but should be made clear a name change is an absolute deal breaker under any circumstances.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

The ICJ case will hopefully put to rest the idea that there's some sort of 'grand plan' at play.
        Those unwilling to criticize gruevski on this matter have done so by supporting this fanciful notion that it's part of some mystical 'grand plan' he has for defending Macedonian interests.

I think gruevski has backed himself into a corner and will lose even more support from Macedonians if the status quo remains i.e. If he continues to engage in the futility of trading our identity to win greek favour at NATO and the EU.
        Phoenix
        Agreed.......other issue is that he is so far down the track with the bartering of the name and has also dragged the country/identity so far down the track, that it may well be too late to recover!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• United MKD
          • Jul 2011

Will there be any live streaming of the verdict?

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

The ICJ has just released a PR and the leaks were accurate. They found that Greece violated the Interim Accord and rejected Macedonia's insistence that the ICJ order Greece to comply with the Interim Accord. What does this mean from here? Nothing. Business as usual. Macedonia's vassal politicians will continue to beg for entry into NATO under FYROM and will probably increase their tempo in peddling excuses as to why we need to change our name immediately.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• United MKD
              • Jul 2011

The Court finds that Greece, by objecting to the admission of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to NATO, has breached its obligation under Article 11, paragraph 1, of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995

THE HAGUE, 5 December 2011. The International Court of Justice (ICJ), the principal judicial organ of the United Nations, today delivered its Judgment in the case concerning Application of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995 (the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia v. Greece).

In its Judgment, which is final, without appeal and binding on the Parties, the Court
              (1) finds, by fourteen votes to two, that it has jurisdiction to entertain the Application filed by the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia on 17 November 2008 and that this Application is admissible;

(2) finds, by fifteen votes to one, that the Hellenic Republic, by objecting to the admission of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to NATO, has breached its obligation under Article 11, paragraph 1, of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995;

(3) rejects, by fifteen votes to one, all other submissions made by the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Get the mortein out makedonce. I can here the buzzing from Athens all the way here in Melbourne.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
                  The Court finds that Greece, by objecting to the admission of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to NATO, has breached its obligation under Article 11, paragraph 1, of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995

THE HAGUE, 5 December 2011. The International Court of Justice (ICJ), the principal judicial organ of the United Nations, today delivered its Judgment in the case concerning Application of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995 (the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia v. Greece).

In its Judgment, which is final, without appeal and binding on the Parties, the Court
                  (1) finds, by fourteen votes to two, that it has jurisdiction to entertain the Application filed by the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia on 17 November 2008 and that this Application is admissible;

(2) finds, by fifteen votes to one, that the Hellenic Republic, by objecting to the admission of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to NATO, has breached its obligation under Article 11, paragraph 1, of the Interim Accord of 13 September 1995;

(3) rejects, by fifteen votes to one, all other submissions made by the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
                  On all 3, ad hoc VUKAS, favoured Greece. I believe he is Croatian. What was the story there, i wander.
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• United MKD
                    • Jul 2011

Can't wait for UMD's response to this, I have already seen some of their representatives on facebook going crazy over this 'victory' against Greece.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Bravo.
                      A clear & decisive win for FYROM. FYROMIANS will cheer themselves hoarse I would imagine.

Now it is clear that FYROM can enter into organisations of dubious benefit.

Not sure how this benefits Macedonia or Macedonians. Unless Macedonians "know what they are" and the name of the country means nothing.

What were they submitting that went so poorly? Oh who cares.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Three years and wasted tax payers money for court proceedings that only further entrenched the treason of 1995...and this will all be spun as a victory.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                          • Dec 2009

I don't know whether to break open the shampagne bottles. I'll keep them on ice and see what happens from here.

FYI

Paragraph 168 from the judgment makes me laught; it says:

'..........Moreover, the Court does not consider it necessary to order the Respondent, as the Applicant requests, to refrain from any future conduct that violates its obligation under Article 11, paragraph 1, of the Interim Accord. As the Court previously explained, “[a]s a general rule, there is no reason to suppose that a State whose act or conduct has been declared wrongful by the Court will repeat that act or conduct in the future, since its good faith must be presumed” (Navigational and Related Rights (Costa Rica v. Nicaragua), Judgment, I.C.J. Reports 2009, p................'

The court knows that Greece was on trial don't they!

It's like letting Jack the Ripper out on a good behaviour bond.

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

step 1. Declare Interim Accord null and void, demand MACEDONIA only name to be known as, step 2. Declare framework agreement null and void, and reinstate natural justice and sovereignty eroded from Macedonians within the Republic. step 3. MACEDONIA FOR THE MACEDONIANS

This is when the UMD should be pressuring the Macedonian government on behalf of the Macedonian diaspora to declare the Interim Accord null and void
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                              This is when the UMD should be pressuring the Macedonian government on behalf of the Macedonian diaspora to declare the Interim Accord null and void
                              UMD has as much voice to influence the Macedonian Government as the ICJ has to discipline greece...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

UMD has as much voice to influence the Macedonian Government as the ICJ has to discipline greece...
                                I expect UMD will come out with a classic Gligorovist philosophical stance along the lines of "navednata glava sabja ne ja sece" and explain to us radicals why we need to continue voluntarily surrendering our national sovereignty over to those that want to destroy us.

Comment

Working...
                                X