• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
    Thanks makedonche and Vangelovski.

I was thinking this whole issue ties into the Albanianization of Macedonia as well. I remember in the past when Albanian politicians gave Macedonia several ultimatums demanding that the country does everything it can to join Nato and the EU. So to a large extent, Macedonia is trying to join these organizations just to keep the Albanians satisfied.
    No, the Macedonians are trying to get into the EU and NATO because they suffer form communist withdrawal syndrome, whereby they think they don't need to work and someone else will take care of the bill.
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Niko777
      • Oct 2010

"communist withdrawal syndrome" - good point

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

thats right macedonia is just doing things for the wrong reasons maybe because others are demanding of them ,like the albanians.It 's called inbuilt serfdom & slave menatality that it can't get out of.It wants to belong to something & be ordered around like in the commie days like being back on the gravy train roughting & full of corruption.I think they have never known anything better or will ever know when a certain mindset is reached like defitists & cannot think for one self preservation.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ProMKD
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          they suffer form communist withdrawal syndrome
          That is frigging HILARIOUS! Bud sad because it's true
          www.everythingmacedonia.com
          Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

even though they seem to have democracy the political behaviour is the same as communists.THe poor peasants gets screwed again.Not surprised at the comprimising & capitulation how much money did they receive for that.Greece had billions at it's disposal prior to the huge deficits.
            Last edited by George S.; 11-30-2011, 07:41 PM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ProMKD
              • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              It is amusing to read that the Church of Greece had something to say about that when it does not even have canonical jurisdiction over the Macedonian region of Greece.
              Who does? I don't know much about the church situation
              www.everythingmacedonia.com
              Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ProMKD View Post
                Who does? I don't know much about the church situation
                Istanbul Patriarchy
                Το Άγιο Οικουμενικό Πατριαρχείο ή Μεγάλη του Χριστού Εκκλησία είναι ένα από τα αρχαιότερα κέντρα της χριστιανικής πατροπαράδοτης εκκλησίας

Not the breakaway Greek church.

Not saying either is useful for Macedonians though.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mactruth
                  • Dec 2010

UN's highest court to rule on Macedonia's name

The UN's highest court will rule early next month on a decades-long spat between Greece and Macedonia over the former Yugoslav republic's name, the court said Thursday.
                  Since 1991, Athens has been blocking its neighbour's international recognition under the name "Macedonia", saying it belongs exclusively to its own national heritage.
                  "On December 5, the International Court of Justice, the principle judicial organ of the United Nations, will deliver its judgment in the case" concerning the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia versus Greece, the ICJ said in a statement.
                  Judgement will be handed down in a public hearing at 10:00am (0900 GMT) at the Hague-based court's headquarters at the Peace Palace. Hearings were held from March 21 to 30, the statement said.
                  Macedonia lodged a complaint before the ICJ in November 2008, asking judges to order Greece to stop objecting to its NATO membership or that of "any other international, multilateral and regional organisations and institutions."
                  In 2008 Greece blocked Macedonia's NATO invitation and one year later prevented the EU from starting accession talks with Skopje despite recommendations from the European Commission.
                  Greece alleges that use of the name Macedonia suggests a territorial claim to the northern Greek province of the same name while Skopje maintains that changing the name would be a denial of its own national identity and language.
                  Macedonia was admitted to the UN in 1993 under the provisional name of the "Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".
                  More than 120 countries including Russia and the United States, however, have recognised the Balkan country under the name of "Republic of Macedonia."
                  Established in 1945, the ICJ is the UN's highest judicial organ and settles disputes between states. It is the only one of the six main UN bodies not located in New York.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

The UN will tell FYROM that it won and is allowed to be called FYROM.
                    So what!
                    What does that have to do with Macedonia?
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

We have distanced ourselves from macedonia we are just the fyrom.BUT at the same time greece is not happy with the name as it does not want the word macedonia used at all.
                      Might i suggest the country with no name as a suitable name.That would please everyone including our stupid politicians.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

Hague court to deliver judgment on Macedonia's lawsuit against Greece on Dec. 5

Skopje, 24 November 2011 (MIA) - The Hague-based International Court of Justice (ICJ) on December 5 will deliver its judgment in Macedonia's case against Greece for breaching the 1995 Bilateral Interim Accord by blocking country's accession to NATO at a summit in Bucharest in 2008.

The court has an established practice to notify the two parties in a dispute that a final decision has been reached two weeks prior to its delivery.

Macedonia has sought the court to order Greece to abide by its obligations stemming from the Interim Accord and not to block Macedonia's membership into international organizations, the country's legal representatives in the Hague proceedings have said.

Athens founded its defense claiming that there was no veto at the Bucharest summit, but a consensus reached between NATO member countries to delay Macedonia's accession until a solution to the name dispute was found. Greece asked the ICJ to declare that the case didn't fall within its jurisdiction.

Judgments reached by the Hague court are final and legally binding and the UN Security Council is in charge of their implementation.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Here is the problem:
                          Macedonia has sought the court to order Greece to abide by its obligations stemming from the Interim Accord and not to block Macedonia's membership into international organizations, the country's legal representatives in the Hague proceedings have said.

it should read like this:

Macedonia has sought the court to withdraw from the Interim Accord and therefore return to it's rightful flag, reincorporate its clauses in the constitution pertaining to the protection of Macedonian minority rights in neighboring countries, and abolishing the offensive term of "FYROM". Also seeking punitive damages for emotional distress on the Macedonian nation

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                            Here is the problem:

it should read like this:

Macedonia has sought the court to withdraw from the Interim Accord and therefore return to it's rightful flag, reincorporate its clauses in the constitution pertaining to the protection of Macedonian minority rights in neighboring countries, and abolishing the offensive term of "FYROM". Also seeking punitive damages for emotional distress on the Macedonian nation
                            Other than for the purposes of seeking punitive damages, Macedonia does not need the ICJ at all. It simply needs to declare the Interim Accord 'null and void' and reverse all the damage done.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

@Nikko & Vangelovski
                              Good luck with that punitive damages part.........although I suppose it would be worthwhile pursuing, just to keep them in default for a few more years!
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

definitely right there that macedonia should pull out of the interim accord years ago.Also one wonders whether punitive damages can be awarded but you never know.How about the economic damage done by greece to macedonia in the last blockade.The eu was meant to follow through but stopped when the ia was signed.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X