X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Onur
    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Imagination View Post
    Zimbabwe is no superpower, its armies are as symbollic as Macedonia's army. But Zimbabwe is in the middle of Africa and all the africans support it and that's how it survives. Where's Macedonia in the middle of ? And even if a war starts in the end it will be Macedonia and Macedonians dying, its easy for the people from the other part of the world risking wars, but what about the people in Macedonia ? Not that I'm saying something bad about diasporans but please.... a war is going to be deadly only to Macedonians in Macedonia.
    Imagination, i wont try to talk about every different factors in Balkans cuz this is a quite complicated issue about strategy which involves many elements like economics, politics etc.

I can say this tough if i try to summarize it;
    Balkans are in relative peace atm as a result of the weird balance created after Balkan wars and WW-1. This weird balance makes Macedonia`s population or the size of it`s army as irrelevant. Because, if Greece takes one step further, then she finds Turkey, Bulgaria, Albania blocking her way. If Bulgaria tries to take one step further, then she immediately finds Greece, Romania, Turkey blocking her way. This is same for every Balkan country. So, if an incident occurs in Balkans, it can be destructive for anyone, regardless of their manpower or the size of their army. So, this equals for every country, not only for Macedonia because of it`s relatively weaker army comparing to Greece or Bulgaria or lower population then others.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Totally agree Onur.
      And I will stress that Macedonia calling itself Macedonia would never be the reason for war in the Balkans.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        Totally agree Onur.
        And I will stress that Macedonia calling itself Macedonia would never be the reason for war in the Balkans.
        RTG
        And if by some unfortuneate miracle it does turn out to start a conflict - then what better reason do you need than to defend your right to self determination!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
          what a stupid man you are
          Is that your latest argument to "delay" Macedonian self-determination?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
            • Sep 2008

Is that your latest argument to "delay" Macedonian self-determination?
            How about you leave my opinions for me to express, they do not need to be warped and twisted out of your mouth.

Do you still believe that Macedonia needs to declare the 'framework agreement' null and void and withdraw from the 'negotiations' simultaneously?

Why stop there, lets reclaim Aegean and Pirin Macedonia as well as Prohor Procinski tomorrow... or are you a traitor and think we should "delay" the freedom and end the percussion of our people?
            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Volk,

I believe we should declare the Interim Accord (with Greece) null and void immediately. That will have the effect of both reclaiming our national sovereignty (in terms of us determining our own affairs) and withdrawing from the negotiations. I also believe that the Framework Agreement (with the Albanians) should be reversed.

Maybe you would do better to "express" your views if you knew what you were talking about.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Do you still believe that Macedonia needs to declare the 'framework agreement' null and void and withdraw from the 'negotiations' simultaneously?
                I do, absolutely. What are you proposing, we wait another 20 years?
                Why stop there, lets reclaim Aegean and Pirin Macedonia as well as Prohor Procinski tomorrow...
                A childish and unrealistic analogy that belongs in a kafana discussion.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Volk
                  • Sep 2008

I believe we should declare the Interim Accord (with Greece) null and void immediately. That will have the effect of both reclaiming our national sovereignty (in terms of us determining our own affairs) and withdrawing from the negotiations. I also believe that the Framework Agreement (with the Albanians) should be reversed.
                  Great, now focus on the crucial term, do you believe this should be done simultaneously?

I do, absolutely. What are you proposing, we wait another 20 years?
                  And you think Macedonia can deal with both fronts at the same time right?

Quote:
                  Why stop there, lets reclaim Aegean and Pirin Macedonia as well as Prohor Procinski tomorrow...
                  A childish and unrealistic analogy that belongs in a kafana discussion.
                  Not at all... Are you claiming the injustices done to our people in the occupied territories is excusable or defendable?

The point of the matter is, everything needs to be a step by step approach, planned and prepared for.

Its very easy to scream do this and do that when there is no planning in place to deal with consequences.
                  Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

And you think Macedonia can deal with both fronts at the same time right?
                    What fronts? What are you talking about? What will happen when these two 'fronts' are opened? Stop scare-mongering and make your point.
                    Not at all... Are you claiming the injustices done to our people in the occupied territories is excusable or defendable?
                    I am making a distinction between realistic and unrealistic achievements. Your analogy suggests that you have a problem with making such a distinction.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Great, now focus on the crucial term, do you believe this should be done simultaneously?
                      Volk, it is more than obvious that you prefer the status quo, though it is not immediately obvious why.

Why not start the process immediately? What do you think the "pressures" would be if Macedonia did? Why do you think someone like yourself, that is so susceptible to "pressure" should even be involved in such matters of national importance?

Comment

• Volk
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        What fronts? What are you talking about? What will happen when these two 'fronts' are opened? Stop scare-mongering and make your point.

I am making a distinction between realistic and unrealistic achievements. Your analogy suggests that you have a problem with making such a distinction.
                        SOM & Tom,

are you trying to convince me and the readers here that if Macedonia withdrew from the name talks & declared the 'framework agreement' null and void simultaneously, there would not be any consequences to Macedonia besides the utopia your trying to imply?

There are many scenarios that could arise, but the least likely one is the utopic Macedonian society you are dreaming of.

Do mean to tell me the international community aka our overlords, would accept such a move, does Macedonia have the military industry (we do not even manufacture our own bullets anymore) to deal with a conflict if there was a arms embargo imposed (like in 2001)?

Can we break the greek-albanian alliance (this is the two fronts), what will the bulgars do in such case...

Or is analyzing possible scenarios (that have all happened before) 'scaremongering' and unrealistic?, whilst your completely blind and non existent outlook is the light? Give me a fucking break and open your eyes.

Facts:
                        - Majority of the population supports EU and NATO membership
                        - The albanians are waiting for the right time to break away
                        - EU and NATO ( which now surrounds Macedonia ) fully backs greece against us.

Based on these facts outlined we need an approach (that achieves our goals) that covers all threats, because otherwise your just pissing in the wind without as little as a thought.
                        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          Volk, it is more than obvious that you prefer the status quo, though it is not immediately obvious why.

Why not start the process immediately? What do you think the "pressures" would be if Macedonia did? Why do you think someone like yourself, that is so susceptible to "pressure" should even be involved in such matters of national importance?
                          The process should commence immediately, just not as a simultaneous move as you have so ignorantly called for.
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

- Majority of the population supports EU and NATO membership
                            - EU and NATO ( which now surrounds Macedonia ) fully backs greece against us.
                            Then what you are saying is that the majority of the Macedonian population is retarded!
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Then what you are saying is that the majority of the Macedonian population is retarded!
                              The majority of the population refuses to accept that they need to rule themselves and should stop dreaming of some EU induced paradise.
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Volk,

Are you trying to imply there will be war if Macedonia were to declare the Interim Accord null and void and reverse the Framework Agreement? On what evidence are you making this idiotic prediction? Have you actually understood what these agreements are (thereby understanding the necessity and justification for such action)?

P.S. Do you know the difference between the Interim Accord and the Framework Agreement? Did you know they are two separate agreements? You seem to be using them interchangeably...

Comment

Working...
                                X