Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

This is bizarrely and sadly interesting (if correct), are we going back to the early 20th century - has history and its past mistakes been completely forgotten.

1)Majority of Macedonians in Macedonia want to be in the EU
    2)Majority of Macedonians want to enter the EU only within the scope of it’s own chosen name (yet we are negotiating what? That coke is the same as pepsi?)

So how does this benefit Macedonia and its people and future stability (minus for the moment the serious human rights violations and breaches). Oh I forgot - it doesn't

Here is some passages from the thread British foreign office and Macedonian identity to answer how I feel about the US response (if correct) to the issue at hand .http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...read.php?t=113

Colonel Corfe had written in 1923“To my question "What do you want? an autonomous Macedonia or a Macedonia under Bulgaria?" the answer was generally the same: "We want good administration. We are Macedonians, not Greeks or Bulgars…We want to be left in peace."

He (R.A.C. Sperling, the new minister at Sofia) believed that, united and independent, the Macedonians "might play the part which God seems to have assigned to them in the Balkans, but which man has thwarted-that, namely, of acting as a link between their Serb and Bulgar brothers, instead of being a permanent cause of division."

Early in 1922 W.A.F. Erskine, the minister in Sofia, drew Lord Curzon's attention to an anonymous article in the newspaper Makedonija, "Their country is today free. Ours, too, will be free if we remain faithful to our own traditions of struggle and if we take as our example the lives of people, who, like the Irish, have "never despaired of the force of right."
    Last edited by I of Macedon; 05-13-2010, 12:13 PM.
    No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

I am not sure if there is truth to the Obama/USA name suggestion. But feel the change is imminent based on all the murmurs we are hearing. What a sad state of affairs.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Barrack Hussein Obama should focus on his own country not interfere in ours, he is in an similar situation to Greece his country is close to bankruptcy, The biggest state California is already bankrupt.

Instead of him pushing for Greece to recognize our name, he is telling us to change it. So why is Obama telling people to recognize Kosovo yet he isnt telling them to recognize our name?
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Stojacanec
          • Dec 2009

I too am hearing the murmurs and I am gobsmacked.

Even if they change one dot before or after our name Republic of Macedonia, then the Greek trash have won.

I noticed the Greek trash didn't have to sell their identity in order to receive a $100 bn loan to save their sorry bankrupt arse.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
            • Jan 2009

World protest is needed now..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Look at Ali Ahmeti in the background there

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• blackcactus
                • Sep 2008

Obama his whole political life has been a diplomat, willing to compromise on issues to get some personal political advantage

I do not trust him as a friend or ally, if what is said here is true It does not surprise me

We should not play games with this guy, our position must be very clear that will will defend our rights to the very end

Plan to pull out of the negotiations, we have our long term future to consider
                The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

BlackCactus, American Ambassador to Macedonia Phillip Reeker said that America is the best friend that we've ever had, he said that they've invested more money in Macedonia then any other country but his actions prove otherwise. With friends like America stabbing us in the back, who needs enemies?

Comment

• Mastika
                    • Feb 2010

In the video that Prolet posted, can somebody who speaks Albanian please tell me what he is saying/murmoring at 0:29?

If Obama really said this then it is unnaceptable. However at this stage it is only alleged that he said that.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Mastika, The only person who comes to mind that can speak Albanian is Drle, however he hasnt posted here in a while.

Mastika, What is that Snake Ahmeti doing at the American Embassy?? I thought he was black listed and labeled as a terrorist?

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

the following words come to mind - rascist hypocrital black greek nazi
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

Dont blow this out of proportion, the US guy with a greek name said the only reason this was suggested was because it was the most likely to be accepted by both sides.

Means nothing
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Mastika
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                            Mastika, What is that Snake Ahmeti doing at the American Embassy?? I thought he was black listed and labeled as a terrorist?
                            I can think of some offensive reasons lol. But seriously, he was probably trying to downplay the recent shootings. Reassure the Americans that Albanian are comitted to the 2001 Framework agreement, however that they are still victims of discrimination. The usual sob story rubbish that comes out of his mouth. It is a disgrace that he is a senior member of government, when just 9 years ago he was calling for the annexation of Western Macedonia with Albania. An angry vigilante mob needs to run him out of the country. Let him live in Albania or Kosovo, now he has 2 countries to choose from. A person like does not deserve the privilidge of having a Macedonian passport.
                            Last edited by Mastika; 05-14-2010, 07:30 AM.

Comment

• osiris
                              • Sep 2008

no one but our government and people in macedonia can change our name and its time our efforts were focused on them and not on anyone else.

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Its the easy way out for us to blame the Americans, the Germans, the French, the EU, the UN and everyone else before we take a good hard look at ourselves...

Whilst WE entertain silly notions about 'negotiating' our identity, OTHERS will entertain our silly notions regarding the 'negotiations' by offering even sillier 'solutions' to the 'problem'...

End the negotiations now as there's no solution in this type of 'compromise' for the Macedonian people without destroying our identity...
                                Last edited by Phoenix; 05-14-2010, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X