X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Germans interested in Macedonian sun - energy

Six German companies and a representative of the German Ministry of Economy will examine the possibility of investing in photovoltaic power plants and solar collectors in Macedonia.

For the possible construction of renewable energy resource capacities, German companies demand transparency, efficient approval of projects, medium and long-term prospects for the development of solar and photovoltaic projects as well as support through preferred tariffs. Germany is among leading global countries in use of green technologies.

Macedonia has 270 sunny days on average, which represents an excellent possibility for the production of electricity by photovoltaic collectors and warm water by solar collectors.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

First the Greeks take our Macedonian sun and now the Germans lol.
    Nah seriously this is good news for Macedonia if Germany follows through with the investment.

Comment

• blackcactus
      • Sep 2008

I would love to see this encouraged and finally realized

Macedonia has the sun shine, a small manageable population to support, power shortages, future economic development requiring cheaper available power, an environment it wishes to maintain to high levels, and currently the high cost of imported power

Macedonia can be a leader in this industry, eventually exporting it's own technology and expertise into the future, God knows it will be in demand one day
      The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

I would much rather see Macedonia building such plants herself. Foreigners profiting from our resources should only ever be considered if you cant do it yourself. God knows according to threads at MTO highlighting prominent Macedonians in the diaspora we would have enough wealthy businessmen to do it.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
          I would much rather see Macedonia building such plants herself. Foreigners profiting from our resources should only ever be considered if you cant do it yourself. God knows according to threads at MTO highlighting prominent Macedonians in the diaspora we would have enough wealthy businessmen to do it.

Very good point OziMak, and here are a couple of notable Macedonian businessmen:

Ǵorǵija Atanasoski:He is the founder of MAK AM International Corporation and Microflex Inc., and president of Makedonska Alijansa, a Macedonian political party.

Mike S. Zafirovski:CEO of Nortel Networks.

And as yous might know Mike S. Zafirovski was the one who presented the project Macedonia 2025 to Nikola Gruevski, so he is obviously Keane on the Macedonian economy.

Comment

• Rogi
            • Sep 2008

Germans seem to be gaining interest in Macedonia.

There's more and more talk recently about the German plans to flood Mariovo for Hydropower generation.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Rogi, What about the Boskov Most hydro plant? The Germans are indeed very interested in Macedonian Energy i just hope they dont scam us and take it all for themselves.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
              X