X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Chinese 'Yutong' wins Double Decker bus contract

Transport Minister Mile Janakieski signed Wednesday an agreement for procurement of 202 double-decker buses - 200 closed ones in retro style and two open to be driven throughout the city - with Chinese company Zhengzhou Yutong Group.

The newly-manufactured buses will be designed like the buses used in Skopje in the 1950s and 1960s, said Minister Janakieski after signing the agreement.

- The buses will be characteristic exclusively for Skopje. They will be unique, which means they are not in mass production, meeting all the required standards, said Janakieski. One bus will be donated to Ohrid for promotion of tourism.

The buses will be procured in a period of three years.

The Yutong Group is one of the biggest companies focused on bus production worldwide. It manufactures 150 buses daily.

The Chinese company was chosen as the most favourable bidder at a tender for bus procurement.

Several months ago, an agreement was signed for procurement of 80 single and four articulated buses with Ukraine's Lvivski Avtobusni Zavody LTD.

No need to sit in the shade, because we stand under our own sun
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

The Chinese and Ukrainians will be providing the buses for us.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

Does anyone have a photo of the 1950s or 1960s buses in Skopje.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Will the buses blow extra smoke for authenticity?
        What a silly idea. I can think of better connections to the past.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
        X