X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron
    And since its an Orthodox cross its automatically a Greek one ?
    The cross in addition to his appearance would certainly suggest he is Greek to most people who have regularly interacted with Greeks. Why are you so upset? It's not like people with such characteristics are uncommon in Greece, or among the Greek diaspora. And it's not like that is the 'norm' for Greeks either.
    Guy could look like a member of the cartel if you put him in a zoot suit with shiny shoes.
    Lol, yeah, that's true too.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Voltron
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      The cross in addition to his appearance would certainly suggest he is Greek to most people who have regularly interacted with Greeks. Why are you so upset?
      Im not upset, just saying. Ive been here for over ten years and I have yet to see anyone wear crosses that big. Even for the Epiphany. Thats something that struck me quite odd.

Comment

• United MKD
        • Jul 2011

The guy is Greek dont worry about that, there have been several facebook pages about him before from memory.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I don't know, if I was gonna "turn" (Lord knows it would be a hell of a turn). That guy is quite handsome in a hairy rotund way.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

So why is voltron not accepting that he is greek.??Maybe he wants him to look like hercules.or archilles.??
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• cultea
              Banned
              • Jul 2011

Let's see who will find it first.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

On the streets of Athens the voices of discontent are growing louder. From the next bailout installment the Greek politicians are eager to receive, the people will not get a penny, experts believe.
                “Not a cent of this bailout money actually comes into the Greek economy,” author and economic analyst Nick Skrekas told RT. “It all goes out into interest payments and repayments.”
                Whilst the battle is on to save the banks and prevent a large-scale financial crisis, for the Greek people the price is simply too high.
                “They see their income going down, they see taxes, taxes, taxes and nothing else,” said journalist Stylianos Chrysostomidis. “The money does not go to the real economy.”
                A year of struggling against harsh austerity measures has meant the government now faces an electorate vehemently opposed to another bailout.
                According to RT correspondent Sarah Firth, who is currently in Athens, people on the streets of the Greek capital are questioning when the Three – the IMF, the EU and the European Central Bank – will stop looking at ways to push more bailout money towards Greece and really come to a plan B.
                Firth said that when it comes to the Three, many people now in Greece simply do not want their help – viewing their actions as being borne out of self interest.
                “They try very simply and in a practical way to get as much as they can. So they are going to get all the state property … from the Greek people,” said economics expert Yiannis Tollios. “It is incredible but that is the situation.”
                The bailout would certainly come at a high cost – further cuts in public spending, a raise in taxes and an aggressive privatization program that would mean the sale of many Greek public assets.
                “This is robbery, this is theft, this is [a] swindle,” believes Stylianos Chrysostomidis.
                Tension on the streets of Athens continues to mount. The violent scenes witnessed recently come as a disturbing testimony to just how far the situation has deteriorated.
                However, the country’s government is pushing for the cuts.
                “One of the reasons that everybody is so determined to keep Greece in the euro is so that the banks do not have to take a serious hit on their faulty lending policies,” said Nigel Farage, Member of the European Parliament from the UK Independent Party. “It is almost as if there is an unholy alliance of politicians and bankers versus ordinary people.”
                Financial journalist Demetri Kofinas agrees that what is happening in Greece now is “a hostile takeover”. He says that raising taxes will in no way help steer Greece out of the crisis.
                "You are not going have capital investments in the country if you raise taxes. You are not going to have capital investments in country if you are only interested in liquidating assets, liquidating prices and not reforming laws. What does it matter if the public utility companies or monopoly companies are owned by the state or monopoly companies are owned by some company in Germany or France? It makes no difference. In fact it will be worse,” Demetri Kofinas said. “In fact, we want privatization. We want real privatization. We do not want liquidation and hostile takeovers which is what we have now.”
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Where each of the eurozone countries stand on the Greek bail-out
                  As eurozone leaders prepare to convene in Brussels to agree a new bail-out for Greece, here is a summary of where each of the countries stand on bail-outs, private investor participation and even political union.

New research compiled by broker Daniel Stewart illustrates the north/south divide that has emerged from the eurozone crisis.
                  • Angela Merkel would appear to disagree with a formidable cast of her own Finance Minister, the ECB President, the EU Commission, France, Italy and Spain on Greece, wider bailouts and political union. However, she does not want to get the blame if the EMU falls apart.
                  • Merkel does agree with Wolfgang Schäuble on private investor participation but both of them clash strongly with Mr Trichet over this.
                  • Merkel has the support of four other ‘northern’ countries and would probably like one of them to block the ‘unionists’. The Dutch or the Finns may do just that.
                  • The ‘southern’ countries are with Mr Trichet, who continues to be outraged that there is any doubt over a bailout to avoid Greece or any other EMU country’s defaulting. France and, of course, Italy, Spain and Belgium (but not Luxembourg) may need in future to apply for a bailout of some sort
                  • The IMF is very fed up with the fractious leaders and eager to get on with helping Greece reform and, if necessary, restructure its debt. However, it has to be remembered that the IMF is a preferred creditor and only lends when it is sure of getting its money back (i.e. it is in control of a rescue). Even Christine Lagarde may not be able to hold the line for much longer.
                  As eurozone leaders prepare to convene in Brussels to agree a new bail-out for Greece, here is a summary of where each of the countries stand on bail-outs, private investor participation and even political union.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Here is a new saying "Broke Like a Greek"

For those that can't fathom how broke the Greeks are, here is a quick visual explanation and you will begin to understand.

Long live the EU.

‪The size of Greece's debt‬‏ - YouTube
                    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

‪'Germany will turn out light on euro - system defective by design'‬‏ - YouTube

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by cultea
                        I didn't notice. I don't get what you're saying.
                        I don't understand why you posted that shit in this thread.

Maybe somebody from Admin. can delete that shit and perhaps you can keep to the theme of the thread in future.

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                          I don't understand why you posted that shit in this thread.

Maybe somebody from Admin. can delete that shit and perhaps you can keep to the theme of the thread in future.
                          Phoenix
                          Took the words right off my keyboard!
                          Better still, why not just piss off altogether!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                            Phoenix
                            Took the words right off my keyboard!
                            Better still, why not just piss off altogether!
                            I hear what you're saying brother...

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

Thread cleaned, this topic is not about Greek sporting events except rioting.
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

I'm waiting for that explosion."""BANG"
                                Last edited by George S.; 07-30-2011, 03:33 AM.
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X