X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vodenka
    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
    Its not nice to say but what comes around goes around. Its time Greece feels some pain it doesnt matter how.
    Starve the beast!

Comment

• fatso
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vodenka View Post
      Starve the beast!
      Not to worry ...I have plenty of food.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

fatso it should be plenty of food in "reserve".
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• rosetta
          Banned
          • May 2011

George S.,
          Well, if by "revolution" you mean demonstrations, yes there's a daily one (for 19 days now) by the movement that calls themselves "the indignants" after a similar movement of Spain. Some of their characteristics is that they're peaceful, independent of political parties and (unfortunately) irrelevant to any political ideas or suggestions.

There's also a "revolution" in the city of Skopje for 5 days now after the murder of a young man by a policeman (in the night of elections) but I haven't seen this news in the forum at all.

Onur's prophecy of Erdogan being voted down today wasn't very successful either; he took a massive 50%.
          http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/victory-in-turkey-referendum-makes-erdogan-second-only-to-ataturk-1.313445 Onur, give us some feedback. Apparently most of the Kurds boycotted because they would be ignored in the new consitution, which prompted clashes between those for and against. Turkish police had to calm
          Last edited by rosetta; 06-12-2011, 08:40 PM.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

We are talking about Greece as the title of the thread suggests, my brother is going Greece I hope he is not racially abused.
            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by rosetta View Post
              George S.,
              Well, if by "revolution" you mean demonstrations, yes there's a daily one (for 19 days now) by the movement that calls themselves "the indignants" after a similar movement of Spain.
              ...fancy the modern 'greeks' stealing something from Spain.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

rOSETTAim not talking about a protest i'm talking about complete chaos as the country would have collapsed rioting fighting etccivil unrest the army steps in etcetc.
                WE are talking about complete & utter chaos.Where we are talking of people's survival here.Why are you avoiding it treating it like a little skpje protest.(demonstration).
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

BY revolution i mean that the government will have to chucked out to be replaced by something else.???Could be a military junta/???Do you understand of what a complete collapse is for a country to undergo total economic collapse.
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Stojacanec
                    • Dec 2009

Rosetta, do you think that Greece is able to raise $50b through privatization and meet austerity measures by July? Cause that is what it will take to get the EU (Germans) to keep the faith.

With an inhenrant net trade deficit and weak fiscal policy, is Greece ever going to recover? And with dodgy records in the last 10 years, have they ever had a strong economy??

Don't hesitate to come over the border to Macedonia, our prices will seem reasonable to you.

Comment

• rosetta
                      Banned
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                      Rosetta, do you think that Greece is able to raise $50b through privatization and meet austerity measures by July? Cause that is what it will take to get the EU (Germans) to keep the faith.
                      No. According to the "Mid-Term Schedule" that will be discussed at the Parliament by the end of June, 50b Euros are to be raised within 2011-2015 from privatizations and exploitation of public property, NOT by the next month. If this Schedule is voted down we'll probably head to elections.
                      Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                      Don't hesitate to come over the border to Macedonia, our prices will seem reasonable to you.
                      I live in Thessaloniki that is not so close to the borders. Personally, I have no economical problems.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

They won't be able to raise that money.The germans are losing their patience.What is the elections going to solve.Shouldn't the existing regime look for all that money that is lost??
                        How can one lose 200billion EUdollars where did it go & why aren't the politicians trying to recover what's left & where it has gone.You can't tell me 200 billion just dissapeared.You know what the economists are calling greece a financial basket case!
                        Also stojanec just invited you accross the border perhaps for a coffee & some cheap shopping & you declined his offer & turned your neighbour down like the racist you are.
                        You admit you live in solun & you don't have any problems good for you.Why don't you care for your fellow man.Blind freddy can tell you that greece will explode eventuallly not too long.
                        Last edited by George S.; 06-13-2011, 05:36 AM.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• rosetta
                          Banned
                          • May 2011

George S.,
                          What is the 200b Euros you're talking about?
                          I've crossed the borders 2 or 3 times. I have visited Skopje, Bitola and Struga. Daily or weekend trips is not a bad idea. You are all welcome here too, either Thessaloniki or Chalcidice.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

The 200 billion is the amount borrowed.Is it 200 billion eu dollars or 200 billion aus $$ ???
                            Either way it's a lot of money ,why doesn't anyone hold the politicians to account.Why is the media not doing anything.The country is going bankrupt & no one cares???
                            Thank you for the welcome.what i was saying is that stojance invited you & i thought it would be hospitable for you to at least accept.Now that we know the whole story that you have been to macedonia you are welcome.
                            Last edited by George S.; 06-13-2011, 06:41 AM.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• rosetta
                              Banned
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              The 200 billion is the amount borrowed.Is it 200 billion eu dollars or 200 billion aus $$ ???
                              Either way it's a lot of money ,why doesn't anyone hold the politicians to account.Why is the media not doing anything.The country is going bankrupt & no one cares???
                              I don't understand your questions.
                              The initial deal (May 2010) was for 110b Euros for 2010-2012 with a (relatively high) interest rate (5-5,5%). Money was given in 3-months portions, progress was monitored and the terms were usually updated. This deal was known in Greece as Memorandum.
                              The new deal, known as Mid-Term Plan, for 2011-2015 has not been approved yet (Maybe the additional 90b Euros are in it). You are not very familiar with Greece or Europe, are you?

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

all i knew was it was a huge amount.But me being from australia 110 billion eudollars would have been about 220 billion aus dollars so i was right.
                                Actually i do know a lot from what i read.From what i read greece doesnot wish to pay anything to the eu & it knows it could get away with it.
                                Greece will have trouble getting the money.Also if you know about europe & greek you'll remember that a lot of countries actually borrowed from greece i think 30 to 40% of their gdp that's bulgaria & romania.They too will follow suit if they default..
                                Last edited by George S.; 06-13-2011, 12:00 PM. Reason: edit
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X