Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spartan
    • Sep 2008

I hear you Bij... the private islands I dont think are worth enough to have any signifigant leverage against the debt.
    These types of islands have been sold for years, and many of them under the table so the state sees no money.... just a few 'clever' politicians lining their pockets.

Im no finance expert, and I agree that Spain and portugal are not in the same boat as greece, but i have read that they are on the same path.

I believe in the end that the germans will bail out Greece, the question is 'at what rate'?
    Just my opinion.

Hey, maybe a woman in charge would set us straight!!!

@Risto
    Tell me more!!!!!!

Comment

• Prolet
      • Sep 2009

Spartan, Portugal has always been bad and if Spain is in trouble then its a massive problem for the EU because Spain is a country of 60 million people. Ireland is in a bad position too so the EU has to look at all the countries and right now things arnt going so well.

Greece should put its head down and work its way out of this, Papandreu is really in a terrible situation he is there to pick up the pieces but maybe now he will realize the importance of good neighborly relations, he should be looking at ways how their neighbors can help out. Its no good for anybody especially Macedonia to see Greece go under, i just think that Greece should keep quiet and work hard because taking on a heavy weight like Germany will not get you very far.

Spartan, Just think how far both our countries would go if we had open borders, increased trade,energy,agriculture we have enough of it to feed Greece over and over which is a good thing, we have a Ski field in Kozuv (Gevgelisko) which borders Greece and there was even talk of having a Chair Lift that goes over the border so imagine tourists Skiing it two different countries especially now when there is so much snow, but people choose nationalism and hatred across the border in this day and age you need friends in the region especially now with the recession being over.

You look at Turkey for example, a real enemy to Greece but when there was wild fires and when most of Greece was burning, Turkey was the first country to come in and lend a hand, the Turkish Sea Patrol also saved a Greek Ship from Somali Pirates when they were attacked so this so called Enemy has helped out whenever it could, i think we in an even better position because we have a large Minority in Greece and its against our interests to see these things happen, because our people will suffer aswell we have so many people who have properties and land in Greece so we should be on the same side here the border is so close its not funny, you could ride a bike through it but for some reason the Greek Authorities think that we are going to take over the country when all we want is for our people to visit their family and friends.
      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan
        As for the islands, which are the ones that are Macedonian, and roughly how many?
        Only one that can be considered Macedonian in the geographic sense, Taso(s).

Disregard Prolet's fantastic (read misleading) assertions, you will find with that, with time, you will get used to it and learn to accept it for what it is.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I believe there is a place in Egej called Ostrovo (means Island).
          But it ain't no island.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Buktop
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I love the hypocrisy when the EU is insisting Greece does not borrow from the IMF. Clearly the EU requires subservient member countries to have only one master.
            It concerns confidence in the EMU, it would be a sign to investors that the Euro-Zone cannot handle it's own mess, and could possibly trigger the demise of the Euro. That is why they are so afraid of the IMF.
            "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
            though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
            Our long awaited hour will draw near
            and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

So clearly the EU places itself ahead of the priorities of the hemorrhaging member state. Which (yet again) causes me to question how useful the EU can be for Macedonia.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Greeks in panic, the worst has yet come

ATHENS, March 8 - Nearly 87 percent of Greeks fear that strict program of the government in the economy will cause social discontent. According to a poll published in the newspaper "To Vima", 86.7 per cent of Cypriots fear that the worst is yet to come.
                The new economic plan envisions saving 2.4 billion euros of assets required to be provided with revenue from taxes and fees, and other 2.4 billion can be obtained from kratenjata costs. The measures include a freeze on pensions, reducing Christmas, Easter and summer premiums of state employees, an increase of VAT and excise duties on zgoemuvanje of alcohol, tobacco, fuels and luxury goods. The package provides holiday premiums of state employees for Christmas and Easter and the popular 13th and 14th salary be reduced to 30 and 60%. VAT will be increased by 2%, which is expected to bring savings in the amount of 1.3 billion, an increase in GDP of 0.5%. Excise duty on alcohol increased by 20% to 63% on cigarettes and oil jumped to eight euro cents per liter for gasoline and three euro cents per liter diesel.

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

Greek PM on beggar mission to the US
                  Monday, 08 March 2010

Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou is scheduled to meet Monday with U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, followed by tomorrow's White House meeting with President Barack Obama.

According to Greek media, Papandreou travels to the US with French support in his bags, stressing the PM's satisfaction from France's solidarity expressed by President Nicolas Sarkozy.

The French President said the European Union should help Greece or it puts the Euro in jeopardy. However, he did not announce details on the type of assistance. France is the only European country willing to give money to Greece to avert bankruptcy.

Papandreou aims at urging US President Obama to support the joint front created by Greece and France in fighting market speculations.

Comment

• Rogi
                    • Sep 2008

OziMak,

On Soros, he is anything but Macedonian. His objective is the deconstruction of Macedonia and the end of the Republic of Macedonia as a national state (nation state of the Macedonian people), and he is working at it quite actively with the media under his influence (Gerovski et al) and many Soros funded NGO's (razbudi se, open society, et al) and his cronies like Vladimir Milcin (who is and forever has been a key part of the SDSM upper echelon) running the Soros agenda in Macedonia.

His address can be found via a simple Internet search.
                    Last edited by Rogi; 03-08-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Well Said Rogi

I thought Razbudi Se are Albanians? They are pushing for the Mosque to be built in the city square.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

They are Albanians, and there are Macedonians, and they work together with 'plostad sloboda' and other NGO's, all of which have formed an alliance and are funded from the same source, Soros, and organised by the same front man, Milcin.

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

i heard from a very hard working greek friend of mine that the greek diaspora has been asked to contribute 2000 dollars per person to help out hellarse.

personally i wish it would explode implode deplode and that all the prsofigi return to their ancestral homes in turkey

Comment

• Rogi
                            • Sep 2008

They have established the Greece Support Fund for any Greek to donate.

Wealthy Greek-Australians responded to that by saying 'no chance', given the corruption that exists in Greece.

Comment

• Stojacanec
                              • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                              They have established the Greece Support Fund for any Greek to donate.

Wealthy Greek-Australians responded to that by saying 'no chance', given the corruption that exists in Greece.

I don't know is it just me but do all greeks think the whole world owes them something. They place trade embargos on Macedonia because of their narrow minded dillusions crippling our economy. Now they are in Economic strife so they go crying to France and America.

Australia is predicting a Budget deficit in the order of 13-14% by 2013. I am not reading about the request for releif packages sought from other countries. Instead they are looking at their monetary and fiscal policies.

So long as you have countries like France constantly wiping their noses for them, they will remain the spoilt child of Europe.
                              Last edited by Stojacanec; 03-08-2010, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                                I don't know is it just me but do all greeks think the whole world owes them something. They place trade embargos on Macedonia because of their narrow minded dillusions crippling our economy. Now they are in Economic strife so they go crying to France and America.

Australia is predicting a Budget deficit in the order of 13-14% by 2013. I am not reading about the request for releif packages sought from other countries. Instead they are looking at their monetary and fiscal policies.

So long as you have countries like France constantly wiping their noses for them, they will remain the spoilt child of Europe.
                                You need to realize that MODERN Greece is a Western conception and a Western project.

You could even say that 'The West', i.e., its institutions ...etc have been inspired by their own interpretation of the ancient Greeks and the ancient world.

Its difficult to see sometimes but its all there.

I was listening to Nana Mascouri on BBC radio the other day. She was asked questions about the Greek debt ...etc. She finished by saying "Thankyou FOR Greece".

Just astonishing the racist, intolerant nationalism of these cockroaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X