Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

the grabbing of macedonian teritory in 1913 was nothing but a land grab.Greeks before never controlled the aegean area before.Or should i say they never controlled macedonia until then the rest is history & propaganda.The greeks never wasted a minute calling it the occupied teritory then calling it northern greece then vcalling it the province of macedonia.The definiition of province "A territory governed as an administrative or political unit of a country or empire." So there is the admission that macedonia was never a part of greece!
    So stop lying to yourselves face facts & the truth of history.
    Last edited by George S.; 03-09-2012, 05:06 PM. Reason: ed
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
      Stop calling it Aegean part. You guys were never coastal and I would like to know where all these " Aegeans" are from aside from Lerin, Voden or Kostur. Cmon Brian.

Theft is a pretty convenient term. Turks stole Asia Minor and we stole Macedonia is your logic. Well, tell that to the Greeks that were always present albeit in smaller numbers but they were there. The world also knows this as well. Its ironic how you say Macedonia is well documented location, but at the same time all the historical references to Macedonia as ill informed westrners that got played by us. Macedonia is a region that was up for grabs, the sooner you realise it the less misunderstandings we will have.
      ...wow...seriosly what do you say to that...without some insight into delusional illness and other matters of insanity...

Here's an Asia Minor refugee claiming that Macedonia was predominantly 'greek' based on some belief that one of the most diverse ethnic regions on the planet (asia minor) was always 'greek' but because the Turks "stole" (or was Asia Minor suitably stamped, "Up for Grabs"?) Asia Minor from the 'greeks', the 'greeks' (asia minor refugees) had the right to claim Macedonia as their 'own' because Macedonia was stamped "Up for Grabs".

Because Macedonia was stamped "Up for Grabs", apparently this gives the Asia Minor refugees (those of dubious ethnic stock but having Turkish customs and following Christian religion, some speaking a form of greek' others not) every right to become 'Macedonian' and thus stripping the indigenous Macedonians of their identity and the sooner people realise this sordid little affair the less misunderstandings we will have...wow...did I miss anything?
      Last edited by Phoenix; 03-10-2012, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Big Chukalo
        • Sep 2011

Stop calling it Aegean part. You guys were never coastal and I would like to know where all these " Aegeans" are from aside from Lerin, Voden or Kostur.
        Nearly 80,000 indigenous AEGEAN Macedonians from east of the Vardar River left as a result of a population exchange with Bulgaria.

The majority of the western Macedonians remained and their rights were to be protected under the Treaty of Sevres, however, in 1925 Greece announced that they would not follow the protocol and henceforth treated the Macedonians as Greeks. In 1926 the Greek government ordered in decree No 332 of November 1926 that all Slavonic names of towns, villages, rivers and mountains should be replaced by Greek ones.

Come on Volche, this is pretty standard stuff. A grizzled Internet scrapper like yourself should have all this well in hand
        Last edited by Big Chukalo; 03-10-2012, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

the greeks actually beleive the myths they have created about themselves.Do peple know that macedonians were made to drink castor oil if the spoke macedonian.If they listened to macedonian music they would be beaten up & jailed.THey employed greek police to go around the houses & listen on window sills.How ridiculous is that.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Brian
            Banned
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            Well it almost happened - "Greece is ready to explode"
            and now
            It's almost about to happen again, although this time with MONEY.

To bad guys, I think you all lost you bets on when Greece is going to declare bankruptcy.

Voltron your buying the Ouzos and beers this round, next round, and every round.
            Well there's reality ie Trillions in oil and then there's 'what we want' (kind of like fake Greece, fake people, fake economy = fake bankruptcy) so someone might win the

'When Will Greece Go Broke' guessing game yet.

The above picture was not part of the article but it's such a good picture I thought it deserved a viewing. I hope we can use it again when Greece actually is declared bankrupt!

FITCH DOWNGRADES GREECE TO 'RESTRICTED DEFAULT'

Mar. 9, 2012
            Fitch just downgraded Greece from "C" to "restricted default."

This designation hardly comes as a surprise, since the ratings agency had previously said that the country's planned debt restructuring would throw it into restricted default.

Fitch's decision mirrors a recent downgrade from Standard & Poor's which put Greece in "selective default."

Unlike a disorderly default, in a "restricted" or "selective" default Greece has not actually been declared insolvent.
            (Not yet, but one step closer.)

Fitch said it will raise Greece's issuer rating from "RD" after its debt swap has been completed on March 12.
            Last edited by Brian; 03-11-2012, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

i heard today that the austerity measures aren't going to work.Also they want the debt to fall by 75% you got to be crazy.
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Moody's Downgrades Cyprus Into Junk Status.

If only they were a EU member, they would not have been where they are now.

Hang on they are part of the EU............
                If only the whole Island was controlled by Turkey.
                Last edited by Bill77; 03-13-2012, 08:29 AM.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Brian
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                  Moody's Downgrades Cyprus Into Junk Status.

If only they were a EU member, they would not have been where they are now.

Hang on they are part of the EU............
                  If only the whole Island was controlled by Turkey.
                  Same reason for bankrupting Cyprus as is for Greece. The Mediterranean oil is claimed by a number of nations including Greece and Cyprus thus bankrupting them means the bankers can get all the oil cheaply without the local people befitting much at all.

It's a weird feeling supporting the bankers but watching Greece and Cyprus fall is a 'yeah' moment.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

i look forward to when greece is booted out of the eu.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                      It's a weird feeling supporting the bankers but watching Greece and Cyprus fall is a 'yeah' moment.
                      I disagree.
                      Macedonia is an opiate for the Greeks. While Greece sinks, "Macedonia" will rise as an issue that keeps the masses from jumping ship. Greece needs to suffer but once its new rulers are firmly in place, I suspect "Macedonia" will be the ploy to distract and occupy the masses.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Brian
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2011

Slowly but surely our southern neighbour is falling apart. One more step on the way.

Greece on the breadline: HIV and malaria make a comeback

Jon Henley finds a medical aid organisation trying to plug the gaps as the health service nears breakdown

Doctors, nurses and paramedics clash with riot police outside the health ministry last May during a protest against cuts.

(How uncivilised Greeks are for Doctors and Nurses to be behaving like that)

Jon Henley finds a medical aid organisation trying to plug the gaps as the health service nears breakdown

The incidence of HIV/Aids among intravenous drug users in central Athens soared by 1,250% in the first 10 months of 2011 compared with the same period the previous year, according to the head of Médecins sans Frontières Greece, while malaria is becoming endemic in the south for the first time since the rule of the colonels.

Reveka Papadopoulos said that following savage cuts to the national health service budget, including heavy job losses and a 40% reduction in funding for hospitals, Greek social services were "under very severe strain, if not in a state of breakdown. What we are seeing are very clear indicators of a system that cannot cope."

The heavy, horizontal and "blind" budget cuts coincided last year with a 24% increase in demand for hospital services, she said, "largely because people could simply no longer afford private healthcare. The entire system is deteriorating."

The extraordinary increase in HIV/Aids among drug users, due largely to the suspension or cancellation of free needle exchange programmes, has been accompanied by a 52% increase in the general population.

"We are also seeing transmission between mother and child for the first time in Greece," she said. "This is something we are used to seeing in sub-Saharan Africa, not Europe. There has also been a sharp increase in cases of tuberculosis in the immigrant population, cases of Nile fever – leading to 35 deaths in 2010 – and the reappearance of endemic malaria in several parts of Greece, notably the south."

According to Papadopoulos, such sharp increases in communicable diseases are indicative of a system nearing breakdown. "The simple fact of the reappearance of malaria, with 100-odd cases in southern Greece last year and 20 to 30 more elsewhere, shows barriers to healthcare access have risen," she said. "Malaria is treatable, it shouldn't spread if the system is working."

MSF has been active in Greece for more than 20 years, but until now has largely confined its activities to emergency interventions after natural disasters such as earthquakes, and providing care to the most vulnerable groups in the community, including immigrants.

It is now focusing on supporting the public health sector, providing emergency care in shelters for the homeless and improving the overall response to communicable diseases. Papadopoulos, who spent 17 years abroad with MSF and returned to her native Greece three years ago, sees hope among the rubble. "What keeps me going is an increasingly strong sense of solidarity among the Greek people," she said. "Donations to MSF, for example, have of course gone down with the crisis, but donors keep giving, they remain active."

She sees a refreshing new phenomenon of self-organisation and social action. "In the past year of this crisis I have seen really encouraging, really exciting things happening – people are seeing the power of organising themselves. We have to support them."

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Is it true that there's some crazy initiative to bring 1000 fuckin 'greek' taxi drivers to Melbourne...???

Give me the indians and paki's any day of the week.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

i'll be much happier to see them booted out of the eu.Indians & pakis are better than greek taxi drivers.The greeks are the only ones to blame themselves.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Is it true that there's some crazy initiative to bring 1000 fuckin 'greek' taxi drivers to Melbourne...???

Give me the indians and paki's any day of the week.
                              Oh what a bad decision, you will get fleeced by them going one block down the street and yet they want to get a huge tip.
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

Is Greece becoming a third world country? HIV, Malaria and TB rates soar as health services are slashed by savage cuts

Deadly: The number of HIV cases in Greece is on the rise, because more prostitutes are on the streets and needle exchange programmes have been scrapped

Comment

Working...
                                X