• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    He loves Gruevski and really wants Macedonia to be united one day. Well, as lovingly fluffy as that sounded, he is obviously backing the wrong man. Because (staying on the thread topic) Gruevski has done more for a Greater Albania than a Greater Macedonia during his tenure.
    This is his biggest shortcoming because even if he gains the name its an empty victory if he looses much of western RoM.

There’s a lot of things he could have done all sticking to the law but instead he gives them a free kick every time…inch by inch foot by foot give it long enough you will look back and miles will have passed and you will wonder how did this happen. Is he to scarred or is he just incapable of forming ideas how to tackle this problem I really don’t know.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
      This is his biggest shortcoming because even if he gains the name its an empty victory if he looses much of western RoM.

There’s a lot of things he could have done all sticking to the law but instead he gives them a free kick every time…inch by inch foot by foot give it long enough you will look back and miles will have passed and you will wonder how did this happen. Is he to scarred or is he just incapable of forming ideas how to tackle this problem I really don’t know.
      OM
      My guess is he is in bed with the shiptari in order to stay in power, so he has made concessions to them in order to be in government and now can't back out - hence his lack of stomping on them when they get out of hand!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Gruevski is meddling with our identity. You can put different clothes on it, at the end of the day that is what is happening right now. He should be told to stop it, immediately, and I think that allegations of treason should be brought up against him to send a warning to any other Macedonian leader who ASSUMES they have the authority and the mandate to do such a thing.

Comment

• DedoAleko
          • Jun 2009

Economist: "Scandal, tension and turbulence"

Scandal, tension and turbulence

Business as usual in Macedonia
          Macedonia's fractious politics

Feb 24th 2011

WANT an election? Fine. Since last month Macedonia’s opposition Social Democrats, boycotting parliament, have wanted an early poll. So imagine their surprise when Nikola Gruevski, the populist prime minister, agreed. His calculation is simple: he will win. The Social Democrats have been caught off balance. The conditions are not right for an early poll, they are suddenly saying; there should be no election before June.

Macedonian politics has been poisonous recently. In November police piled into the building that housed A1 television, a private channel often critical of Mr Gruevski’s government. A month later they arrested Velija Ramkovski, the tycoon behind A1. This is not about media freedom, says a source close to the government: Mr Ramkovski simply never pays taxes.

The affair is extremely murky. Lists have emerged that purport to detail the salary and tax affairs of A1 journalists, including payments made in cash. But Slagjana Taseva, head of the Macedonian branch of Transparency International, an anti-corruption watchdog, says many people in the private sector are paid like this. The decision to single out A1 shows that the affair is actually about “suppressing the media”.

Who emerges from this mess strongest? Macedonian opinion polls are unreliable, but they suggest that Mr Gruevski is far more popular than Branko Crvenkovski, his opposition counterpart. Unemployment is high and the name dispute with Greece is still unresolved, stalling Macedonia’s progress on joining NATO and the EU. You would expect such problems to favour the opposition. But Mr Crvenkovski has been prime minister twice and president once. He was unable to solve them then and today he looks tired.

To complicate matters, Macedonian politics is a game of three-dimensional chess. A quarter of the population are ethnic Albanians, almost all of them Muslim, who vote for their own parties. Mr Gruevski’s coalition partner is Ali Ahmeti’s Democratic Union for Integration. Suad Missini, an analyst, says Mr Ahmeti has been hurt by allegations (which he denies) that he was once an informer for Serbian intelligence.

Tensions between Macedonia’s ethnic groups recently flared up over the construction of a church-shaped museum in Skopje’s old fortress, which Albanians are unhappy about. The government said it would suspend construction. Builders sneaked in overnight to continue the works, followed by Albanians attempting to demolish it. Ten years after Mr Ahmeti’s guerrillas almost tipped the country into war, no one wants a renewed conflict. But the problems will not go away.

izvor: http://www.economist.com/node/182370...ry_id=18237055

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Isn''t crazy how the macedonian govt behaves caving in to the albanians.If this was going on in another country there would be civil war.When it comes to telling the albanians to behave the govt is gutless & scared.Maybe there should be civil war & then we can wipe the silly buggers out.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Just think about the balls of the Gruevski government. They insist on going to elections now after doing NOTHING about the rogue politicians within its own coalition. Doing NOTHING about the ethnic Albanian vandals. Doing NOTHING about asserting the Macedonian identity. They feel they are in an even better position to win votes from Macedonians. Shameful!
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Just think about the balls of the Gruevski government. They insist on going to elections now after doing NOTHING about the rogue politicians within its own coalition.
                They are calling SDSM's bluff who were the actual ones insisting.

Doing NOTHING about the ethnic Albanian vandals.
                This is shameful! it makes me sick that nothing was done about it.

Doing NOTHING about asserting the Macedonian identity. They feel they are in an even better position to win votes from Macedonians. Shameful!
                Why is that?
                Why can't anyone see the real problem of all this?

Here is the Problem,
                Unemployment is high and the name dispute with Greece is still unresolved, stalling Macedonia’s progress on joining NATO and the EU.You would expect such problems to favour the opposition.
                Can you see the real Danger here. Its the mentality, the mood around the nation, the expectation that the name issue must be resolved so Macedonia progress on joining Nato and EU. Its so ridiculous and makes me sick, that a "Unresolved Name dispute" (together with not progressing on joining these clubs) is looked at as something Evil and expected to be unfavorable towards the government. where instead, it should be applauded that it is unresolved and encouraged to remain that way if our Name and Identity is at risk.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

Obviously the name issue will do nothing to solve Macedonia's economic woes. In fact, it will make things worse if resolved favourably for Greece (not just in terms of identity but also economically).

But look at the mentality of our people .... Macedonians use the name issue as a thorn in their side and believe it is hindering progress. Greeks use the name issue as a means of hiding real economic problems within their country. Each side is playing games with their citizens but the Macedonian side is typically playing the scare campaign. All of this game of perception could be changed instantly if there was real leadership.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Pelister, Here is a press held by Gruevski a few days ago

YouTube - ĐŸÑ€ĐµÑ Đ½Đ° ĐĐ¸ĐºĐ¾Đ»Đ° Đ“Ñ€ÑƒĐµĐ²ÑĐºĐ¸ (22.02.2011)
                    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Frank
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2010

the mood around the nation, the expectation that the name issue must be resolved so Macedonia progress on joining Nato and EU. Its so ridiculous and makes me sick, that a "Unresolved Name dispute" (together with not progressing on joining these clubs) is looked at as something Evil and expected to be unfavorable towards the government. where instead, it should be applauded that it is unresolved and encouraged to remain that way if our Name and Identity is at risk.
                      Well said but telling our brothers and sisters in the Homeland this is a wasted fight

One thing I have to say to them, Macedonia isn't yours only and the more you disregard yourselves and insult our Dignity at the same time the sooner the Albanians will fuck you so hard you will have nothing not even your coffee shops to go to

Isn't it interesting how 5 moths ago most of you told me you are to harsh on the Macedonians in the Homeland

Comment

• Pelister
                        • Sep 2008

If you look at how this is all developing, Gruevski is the one steering us toward political extinction.

I mean 'bilateral', 'unilater', 'multilateral' ...etc, has he ever made it clear? No. I've said it before the snake has been very ambiguous about it all. He clearly believes a name change is necessary and he clearly expects the Macedonians to be the ones to do it. Gruevski has been feeding the Macedonian people lies about the 'negotiations' because we are not blocked from the U.N. He deifies (as does UMD) the European Union, and preys on this clever E.U propoganda which has every Macedonian thinking prosperity for everyone is just around the corner if they could only join. Gruevski uses this clever E.U propoganda to keep the negotiations 'alive' even though the E.C have put the same terms to us that Greece have. Why is Gruevski meddling with our identity? And for what? If we are not actually blocked from the United Nations, why negotiate at all? Why put our history, identity and culture under so much pressure, and expose it to the threat of extinction? I think that Gruevski has been feeding the Macedonians so much shite about the the nature of the 'negotiations' that Macedonians actually believe its for the better. They don't understand why its happening, but trust their politicians enough to look after their interests, while the politicians themselves (particularly Gruevski) fk every Macedonian over with his 'pen and paper' that scribbles down new ways to define us, new names to call us - and then hopes the Macedonians accept his treachery with songs of praise and flying flags. Gruevski is working for the Greeks, and working for our enemies in every aspect. Nothing but a simple end to the 'negotiations' and the pursuit of the admission of our name to the United Nations (negotiation free), will make me think better of him.
                        Last edited by Pelister; 02-26-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

i wonder if there were elections & where would gruevski stand by the negotiations or change his tune.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

What does that speech prove, Prolet.

Gruevski is the one who has our historical and politial identity on the negotiating table, behind closed doors. Can you imagine him putting restrictions on the use of the name 'Macedonia'? This fkn politician? Gruevski is a snake. We can blame the Greeks for their position - its been a violent conquest of Macedonian territory, and everything that goes with that has been seen in the Greek position on our identity. But it is Gruevski who is discussing our identity behind closed doors with our enemies - NO ONE ELSE. Every Macedonian I have spoken too does not want us negotiating. So why is Gruevski doing it? He doens't have the authority or the political mandate to do such a thing. He has been lying to the Macedonian people about the nature of the 'negotiations' and hasn't explained it to anyone that we are not in fact blocked from entering the United Nations. So why expose us? The 'negotiation' process may well be a vehicle created by our enemies to drive us toward political extinction, but Gruevski is the one in the drivers seat steering it. Its a one way track. Gruevski is lying to the party, and lying to the Macedonian people. Can you imagine that idiot telling the Macedonian people they have to change their name? Just another political whore, and once again the Macedonian people get skrewed over by back room deals, and false representatives who claim to be working in their interests.
                            Last edited by Pelister; 02-26-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

SCANDAL: Gruevski's government went back to the newly installed lion statues in Skopje, and physically erased the 16-ray Macedonian sun from the bronze reliefs on the statue's pedestals. I will post more info as soon as I get it.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                                SCANDAL: Gruevski's government went back to the newly installed lion statues in Skopje, and physically erased the 16-ray Macedonian sun from the bronze reliefs on the statue's pedestals. I will post more info as soon as I get it.
                                No way!
                                This is great news.
                                Using constructive logic, Macedonians clearly will understand they do not deserve to have these symbols. They are in fact less worthy than the various remnants of subjugated Greek tribes. That they do not deserve their name as Macedonians and that finally, they can embrace their new flag with all the pride it deserves.

Even if the news is not true, all of Macedonia's actions confirm the logic above anyway.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X