Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UMDiaspora.org
    • Oct 2009

You'll enjoy it Vangelovski, watch the second video in the middle, especially.
    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

He loves Gruevski and really wants Macedonia to be united one day. Well, as lovingly fluffy as that sounded, he is obviously backing the wrong man. Because (staying on the thread topic) Gruevski has done more for a Greater Albania than a Greater Macedonia during his tenure.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        He loves Gruevski and really wants Macedonia to be united one day. Well, as lovingly fluffy as that sounded, he is obviously backing the wrong man. Because (staying on the thread topic) Gruevski has done more for a Greater Albania than a Greater Macedonia during his tenure.
        So essentially he wants a united Macedonia led by a man who has done more for a Greater Albania to continue negotiating its name...shall I put myself throught the pain of watching RtG?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

I only watched the last half of the second video.
          Watch it if you want to see the warm tender love between master and apprentice.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            I only watched the last half of the second video.
            Watch it if you want to see the warm tender love between master and apprentice.
            Emporer Palpatine and Darth Vader...I think I've seen that movie - they lose in the end
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

Had to have bit of a chuckle when Bitove made the outrageous claim that Gruevski was one of the most honest politicians today LOL

The word "honest" unfortunately doesn't associate with politicians in these modern times, especially ones that come from the balkans. I guess Bitove ignores the fact that Vojvoda Gruevski talks big to the macedonians and tells them that he wont change the name, but talks of compromise when speaking to "greek" media and the international community....

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

I think Mr Bitove will have to die a thousand deaths before his hopes for a united Macedonia materialise...the message is somewhat tempered as Bitove and the poor mans 'David Frost' engage in blatant fantasy whilst surrounded by the flags of 'capitulation'...yeah go get 'em boys...

By the way, what is it that impresses Bitove so much about UMD, maybe it's because he hasn't sued them yet...

And while I'm in a questioning mood can somebody please tell me what Bitove had contributed for the Macedonian cause, considering his alleged wealth and political connections in Canada ?

Comment

• osiris
                  • Sep 2008

Money time and connections phoenix

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
                    Money time and connections phoenix
                    Can you go into greater detail osiris, Its a serious question...I see a few Macedonian (heritage) businessmen in North America buying up NBA and NHL franchises and other examples of obscene self indulgence but there doesn't seem to be those lucid, putting of the money in the mouth moments when it comes to Macedonian interests...

Comment

• indigen
                      • May 2009

Груевски не се среќава со иселениците

Иселениците од САД се жалат дека од нив се кријат и посетите, не само премиерот

Иселениците од САД се разочарани од игнорантскиот однос на премиерот Никола Груевски, кој, според нив, за време на последната посета на Вашингтон имал време за шопинг, но немал време да се сретне со Обединетата македонска дијаспора. Претставниците на најорганизираната македонска иселеничка организација се жалат дека од 2008 година бараат и никако да стигнат до средба со македонскиот премиер кога и да е во Америка, а на двете покани да присуствува на нивни настани се' уште чекаат одговор, иако биле испратени во 2009 година. Затоа, пак, со леснотија добиваат средби со медијаторот Метју Нимиц, минатата година организираа посета на дваесетина конгресмени на Македонија, имаат редовни контакти со американската администрација, но колку им вреди тоа и како изгледаат во САД кога немаат пристап до премиерот на Македонија. Уште повеќе, иселениците се жалат дека за посетите на премиерот дознаваат од медиумите во Македонија, бидејќи тие се кријат од нив, иако би требало да е обратно, да ги анимираат.

[...]

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                        Груевски не се среќава со иселениците

Иселениците од САД се жалат дека од нив се кријат и посетите, не само премиерот

Иселениците од САД се разочарани од игнорантскиот однос на премиерот Никола Груевски, кој, според нив, за време на последната посета на Вашингтон имал време за шопинг, но немал време да се сретне со Обединетата македонска дијаспора. Претставниците на најорганизираната македонска иселеничка организација се жалат дека од 2008 година бараат и никако да стигнат до средба со македонскиот премиер кога и да е во Америка, а на двете покани да присуствува на нивни настани се' уште чекаат одговор, иако биле испратени во 2009 година. Затоа, пак, со леснотија добиваат средби со медијаторот Метју Нимиц, минатата година организираа посета на дваесетина конгресмени на Македонија, имаат редовни контакти со американската администрација, но колку им вреди тоа и како изгледаат во САД кога немаат пристап до премиерот на Македонија. Уште повеќе, иселениците се жалат дека за посетите на премиерот дознаваат од медиумите во Македонија, бидејќи тие се кријат од нив, иако би требало да е обратно, да ги анимираат.

[...]

http://www.utrinski.com.mk/?ItemID=9...96CB5307B912C6
                        шопинг or meto...let me think about it...lol

Comment

• indigen
                          • May 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                          Can you go into greater detail osiris, Its a serious question...I see a few Macedonian (heritage) businessmen in North America buying up NBA and NHL franchises and other examples of obscene self indulgence but there doesn't seem to be those lucid, putting of the money in the mouth moments when it comes to Macedonian interests...
                          I have heard that (in the 1990s, after making peace with WMC led by Todor Petrov and merging his parallel congress with the same) Bitove funded the printing of many SMK/WMK documents. That might be several thousand dollars or a few tens of thousands but it seems like a minor contribution for someone as loaded as he is. I let others say what else he has financed.

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

I have heard that (in the 1990s, after making peace with WMC led by Todor Petrov and merging his parallel congress with the same) Bitove funded the printing of many SMK/WMK documents. That might be several thousand dollars or a few tens of thousands but it seems like a minor contribution for someone as loaded as he is. I let others say what else he has financed.
                            Just curious...

Like I said, he's not the only one...some of our grkomani friends often played both sides of the fence, putting their money before everything else. I feel that we've never created or consolidated a culture of 'giving' or putting Macedonian interests ahead of personal ones.

I know that there are many tireless volunteers out there working their butts off for the cause, its a real shame those from the big end of town are not as accomodating with their time, energy, passion and...money.

Comment

• indigen
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Just curious...

Like I said, he's not the only one...some of our grkomani friends often played both sides of the fence, putting their money before everything else. I feel that we've never created or consolidated a culture of 'giving' or putting Macedonian interests ahead of personal ones.

I know that there are many tireless volunteers out there working their butts off for the cause, its a real shame those from the big end of town are not as accomodating with their time, energy, passion and...money.
                              There were some "big" initiatives involving Bitove in the early 1990s (big write-ups in some Canadian media and republished in our local Oz Mak rags (Some of this info I have scanned and might load up on photobucket at some stage and provide links for MTO members to read) but nothing of substance eventuated out of it that I am aware of.

I agree with you about the lack of political culture of giving to the cause but many have been burned because there is a lack of genuine organised dedicated structure to give to. Many people gave to various causes inside Macedonia only to end up very disappointed because money or goods were misappropriated. The first thing I was made aware of when I joined one local active Macedonian group in the early 1990s was NOT to have faith that money sent home will be utilised for the right purpose and if you want it used for the right purpose, send your own reps there to make sure of that. Then we had all those collections of medicines by the Bragas and later on there were news reports of medicine being resold for private profits.

What I have noticed also is that there is a big lack of an activist culture of the normal political kind that other communities of much lesser numbers have in order to engage in promoting and publicising the cause. Various political activities can generate exposure, sympathy and gain recruits and sympathisers. A small number of say 50 committed activists in a given city can generate a great deal of publicity for any cause through various activities, including pickets, protests, cultural events, lobbying and media releases. But I feel all this is tied to, in the main, the (low) level of national consciousness and pride amongst Macedonians.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

I agree with you about the lack of political culture of giving to the cause but many have been burned because there is a lack of genuine organised dedicated structure to give to. Many people gave to various causes inside Macedonia only to end up very disappointed because money or goods were misappropriated. The first thing I was made aware of when I joined one local active Macedonian group in the early 1990s was NOT to have faith that money sent home will be utilised for the right purpose and if you want it used for the right purpose, send your own reps there to make sure of that. Then we had all those collections of medicines by the Bragas and later on there were news reports of medicine being resold for private profits.
                                From what I've seen on the ground in Macedonia over the past few years, I think this is still generally the case.

Comment

Working...
                                X