X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
    The way it's going the next PM may be Albanian so we will all have to learn it. That country is doomed with those politicians, I've said that long time ago!
    The country is doomed with those citizens. All of this can be fixed in 24 hours if there is a desire.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
      I don't see it much different than a US President knowing Spanish,(which only one has ever sort-of known) or any other politician/citizen knowing the language. Latino voters and Spanish speakers constitute a substantial minority of the citizenry in the United States, about one-sixth of the population. Albanians comprise over 1/5 of the Macedonian population, so being able to speak it might be able to help Gruevski personally. Further, any Macedonian living in Albanian-dominated regions might draw benefits from knowing the Albanian language.

Macedonians learning Albanian and Albanians actually learning Macedonian could help smooth over some tensions, as one of the main paths to resolving differences is understanding other people, and one main way to understanding someone is being able to communicate with them.

The fact is that I disagree that a citizen MUST know the majority language of a country, doesn't matter what language of what country. Now, not knowing the language might make it more difficult for you -- or not. Just like in many sections of the US you don't need English (but rather you need Spanish) to interact with the local populace, in many towns in Macedonian you cannot interact with the local population without Albanian.
      You're a real good boy vicsinad.
      When you grow up you should re-read some of these posts and enjoy what a youthful USA tinged perspective can do to a person.

Here is a tip, do not even think about comparing any social manifestations in USA with Macedonia. There is nothing similar at all and no means of comparison.

Next you'll be suggesting the adoption of Esperanto as the national language of Macedonia so as to appease (perceived) tensions.

So reasonable. I love it. Can you spare a bedroom for some Albanians looking to move to USA?
      Risto the Great

Comment

• vicsinad
        • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        You're a real good boy vicsinad.
        When you grow up you should re-read some of these posts and enjoy what a youthful USA tinged perspective can do to a person.

Here is a tip, do not even think about comparing any social manifestations in USA with Macedonia. There is nothing similar at all and no means of comparison.

Next you'll be suggesting the adoption of Esperanto as the national language of Macedonia so as to appease (perceived) tensions.

So reasonable. I love it. Can you spare a bedroom for some Albanians looking to move to USA?
        Yes, attribute it to "youthfulness" and "USA" because when you put on blinders and won't pop the bubble, you have nothing else but unjustified blabber.

Here's a tip for you: every situation can be compared and contrasted, if you know what you're looking at. Clearly you can't because obviously you don't.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

Vicsand risto asked you about sparing a bedroom for some albanians looking to move to the usa.YEs or no.Question for vicsan If i were to learn albanian would that make me an albanian??
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Originally posted by George S. View Post
            Vicsand risto asked you about sparing a bedroom for some albanians looking to move to the usa.YEs or no.Question for vicsan If i were to learn albanian would that make me an albanian??
            I'm pleading with you to think before you write.

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Here's a tip for you: every situation can be compared and contrasted, if you know what you're looking at. Clearly you can't because obviously you don't.
              You're right. I find if I compare you to some ethnic Albanian posters on this forum there is no contrast.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• vicsinad
                • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                You're right. I find if I compare you to some ethnic Albanian posters on this forum there is no contrast.
                Now, that wouldn't be completely true. But if I were to compare you to some incompetents on this forum, there definitely would be no contrast.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

The fact is that I disagree that a citizen MUST know the majority language of a country, doesn't matter what language of what country. Now, not knowing the language might make it more difficult for you -- or not. Just like in many sections of the US you don't need English (but rather you need Spanish) to interact with the local populace, in many towns in Macedonian you cannot interact with the local population without Albanian.
                  Is that so? Another clue that Sinadinovski Jr does in fact support the special privileges provided to the Albanians in the FA.

Tell us how, if a citizen doesn't need to know the OFFICIAL (there's a difference between the US and Macedonia, even if only conceptual) language of the state, how will emergency services such as the military, police and hospitals function? How can,these services function if their is no common language between staff?
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vicsinad
                    • May 2011

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Is that so? Another clue that Sinadinovski Jr does in fact support the special privileges provided to the Albanians in the FA.

Tell us how, if a citizen doesn't need to know the OFFICIAL (there's a difference between the US and Macedonia, even if only conceptual) language of the state, how will emergency services such as the military, police and hospitals function? How can,these services function if their is no common language between staff?
                    Sinadinoski...no "v". Thanks.

Certainly, those are the downfalls of not knowing the majority language of a country. Though, in the US, there is no official language and the people who tend not to speak English tend to live in areas where many other people speak their language. In places like metro-Detroit, particularly Macomb County, the health department fills a high-level position with someone who knows either Serbo-Croatian or Macedonian and English. Many positions are filled this way throughout the country and basic services are generally met. Still, it's always a disadvantage when you don't know the language of the majority.

The same is true, for the most part, in Macedonia. Not knowing Macedonian (or only knowing Albanian) in Strumica will likely harm your ability, or at least create an obstacle, to get basic and critical services.
                    The same is not true in Tetovo, where knowing only Albanian will not provide an obstacle (for the most part) in getting those services.

Now, with regards to the functioning of staff, that's a little more difficult. But usually, if you working at a state institution, they require you to know at least the language of the majority of the population in that local area. That's what makes most sense -- because you're serving the local population at those levels. So even if there is a majority (or official) language of the country, it doesn't mean that the services of the local population are going to be affected if those people operate in another language. And if it's a pretty evenly mixed area, sometimes knowing both languages is required.

And not having an official language does not mean that workers should not have to know one language or both languages. I still think that's best assessed by the local population and the directors/staff of the place of work.
                    Last edited by vicsinad; 10-28-2012, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Coolski
                      • Sep 2008

Is he actually learning Albanian or saying a few words for their Bajram day last week?
                      - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                      - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Sinadinoski...no "v". Thanks.

Certainly, those are the downfalls of not knowing the majority language of a country. Though, in the US, there is no official language and the people who tend not to speak English tend to live in areas where many other people speak their language. In places like metro-Detroit, particularly Macomb County, the health department fills a high-level position with someone who knows either Serbo-Croatian or Macedonian and English. Many positions are filled this way throughout the country and basic services are generally met. Still, it's always a disadvantage when you don't know the language of the majority.

The same is true, for the most part, in Macedonia. Not knowing Macedonian (or only knowing Albanian) in Strumica will likely harm your ability, or at least create an obstacle, to get basic and critical services.
                        The same is not true in Tetovo, where knowing only Albanian will not provide an obstacle (for the most part) in getting those services.

Now, with regards to the functioning of staff, that's a little more difficult. But usually, if you working at a state institution, they require you to know at least the language of the majority of the population in that local area. That's what makes most sense -- because you're serving the local population at those levels. So even if there is a majority (or official) language of the country, it doesn't mean that the services of the local population are going to be affected if those people operate in another language. And if it's a pretty evenly mixed area, sometimes knowing both languages is required.

And not having an official language does not mean that workers should not have to know one language or both languages. I still think that's best assessed by the local population and the directors/staff of the place of work.
                        Victor, who's talking about gaining access to these services? I'm talking about the actual functioning of these services. How exactly is an Albanian meant to function in his/her job in say the military, if they are unable to speak Macedonian. This is YOUR idea - that not every citizen needs to know the language of state.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• vicsinad
                          • May 2011

Victor, who's talking about gaining access to these services? I'm talking about the actual functioning of these services. How exactly is an Albanian meant to function in his/her job in say the military, if they are unable to speak Macedonian. This is YOUR idea - that not every citizen needs to know the language of state.
                          I'll elaborate.

The military works because they usually have several people who know both languages, who then can convey that information to those non-speakers. Similar to how large military coalitions (from WW2 allies to NATO) operate.

Comment

• vicsinad
                            • May 2011

You also forgot to read my last two paragraphs.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Vixinads you misunderstand me.Look at your leader ali ahmeti he can speak perfect macedonian he chooses to use an interpreter.WHY?Why do this?.If i was gruevski i wouldn't learn any words in albanian .So you guys DON't want to learn macedonian.You don't like macedonian you are scared by learning it you might become a macedonian?
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Now, that wouldn't be completely true. But if I were to compare you to some incompetents on this forum, there definitely would be no contrast.
                                No need to attempt humour. The simple reality is that someone may believe your ramblings if they overlook the fact that you STILL have not been able to explain what you dislike in the Framework Agreement yet like the Badinter Principle as it applies in Macedonia. Carry on.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X