• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
    5* to you for your work with this...
    Now be prepared to be taken down and your post to be taken apart, scrutinized and criticised on nano-level.
    Seriously, what the fuck is your problem, you're like the shit that the cat drags in every now and then and just dumps it at the front door...

You understand jack-shit about this topic, you seem to jump head first into most topics where your understanding is at the said jack-shit level...

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

Micheal,

You have put in a very significant amount of effort to raise some media awareness on the Rann issue and that is definitely to be commended.

There's no need to leave the forum and no need to feel sour about the way things within our community as well as here on the forum, played out. The initiative was definitely worthy of more support and it is very unfortunate how things panned out from our community and in particular, the Macedonian Community in South Australia (all) which sat on this for so long, without acting upon it.

In my opinion, if that means anything, I think the manner in which you approached the forum was too brazen and had a bit of an elitist feel about it, but more importantly, the timing was awkward given the pre-existing issues being raised about UMD and the open threads on the same. To many here it seemed too orchestrated and did not come across as humble, and that is the virtue that is most sought out and respected.

I trust you know that this is not a criticism, because I held a positive view of your initiative from the get-go, and still do. I am just offering a summary from a different perspective - I enjoy playing chess, I find that sometimes when you are on the side, outside of the game, you seem to have a better view of everything that is going on and why things are as they are, and that is the perspective I am trying to relay to you here.

Generally speaking, I know that our community likes its' activists to 'earn their stripes' so to speak. In the beginning, half the battle is in convincing your own people, our community, that you are a genuine activist, involved for the right reasons.

I know this because, being a few years into my committed activism and despite some bigger achievements and involvements (i.e the 2008 protest) and the now thousands of hours I have put in on various initiatives, I still do not feel anywhere near the point of having 'earned my stripes', when I consider what those before me have done and what they went through and lived through at the same time.

All in all, the point I am trying to express is that although it would be absolutely fantastic to have the entire community behind us 100% when we have an envisioned a worthy initiative, it just does not pan out that way and you should be aware of that, and expect that to be the case.

That should not leave a sour taste in your mouth, rather, as a genuine activist working for the greater Macedonian cause, it should only suggest that we work harder and accomplish more.

You should remain on the forum, I think your summary reads well and may help settle a few others who view from the critical perspective first, and understandably so given the history of our community as a whole.

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
        • Sep 2008

My dear Phoenix, I don´t have a problem but, you sure seem to have a serious one.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
          My dear Phoenix, I don´t have a problem but, you sure seem to have a serious one.
          When I start hanging around slovene forums and begin adding my 2 cents worth of stupid 'opinion' to topics I have no understanding in, that's when you will have a problem...

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
            • Sep 2008

I would have wecomed you to any slovenian forum, if I indeed had been on one myself...

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Clearly the fault is with the person or group of people who hid the tape, from that moment on, the campaign was destined to fail and it had lost vital momentum and credibility...everything after that was futile and an almost apologetic effort for redemption.

Comment

• Volk
                • Sep 2008

Bravos for your hard work MP, da imase uste Makedoncite kako tebe...

Hey Tomas, thanks for your continuted interest and support for Macedonians
                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
                  • Sep 2008

If u talking to me Volk I am not Tomas, I am Peter, Slovenec not Slovak

I guess its because of the eternal slovak-slovene mix up as we call it

Anyway, the interest and support will always be there however funny and strange it may seem to some

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Let me have a crack at it.
                    Every one who has a capability whatsoever should have done all they could.
                    The Adelaide Macedonian communities can only be described as retarded in the way handled themselves. So MP_MK, we are in complete agreement.
                    History has told us that the only people to act immediately was AMHRC. The rest did shipinki until it became a game of who gets the most profile out of this.

And then, after the game is over, the AMHRC will be left to fight the case in court with limited funds and extraordinary tenacity.

I wonder if the various Adelaide Macedonian groups will fund the AMHRC lawsuit in the same proportion as they funded the advertisement.

MP_MK, Rogi hit the nail on the head in relation to your introduction on this forum. If you genuinely displayed an altruistic intent, many more would have been excited about "the new guy". Instead it was a whole bunch of postulating, threats and hinting about contacts around the world. Irrespective of the reality of these matters, it could have been handled better by you and you have yourself to blame for that. Notwithstanding this, it has gained you some instant profile so that can be put to good use in the future.

I see no reason to cease posting because that would only suggest it was about seeking profile and not about the betterment of Macedonia. You may have realised this forum has a way of influencing actions in a way that does not really have any precedents. So I urge you to remain here for some real dialogue.

pozdrav
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Grotius
                      • Dec 2009

Lucky for us he gave us the short version of his summary.

Here is another summary.

An ingenious decision was made to keep the impugned video a secret for 2-3 months, pending the outcome of an application for a government grant.

The video is finally made public. The UMD respond by seeking PR opportunities. The AMHRC respond announcing legal action.

The caped crusader flies in to sort everything and everybody out.

His superior communication skills disenchants nearly all members of the MTO and others.

He threatens everybody not to act independently because they will fuck it up. Besides, he has devised a master strategy that will, well, do something. Nobody is ever sure, because the caped crusader works in mysterious ways.

He invokes the support of unnamed but highly important movers and shakers from across the globe in a coalition of justice.

The movers and shakers fail him.

His strategy fails to achieve anything.

He blames everybody else.

He flies away and disappears without a trace, presumably to pursue truth, justice and caped crusader ways somewhere else.

We are all left with the same problem we had at the beginning.

The UMD are nowhere to be seen. The boy wonder is about to leave.

The AMHRC are left, again, to fight the good fight. The SA Community have spent all their money on a newspaper ad and can’t afford to contribute anything to the legal action.

Mike Rann is still a racist.

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Grotius View Post
                        Lucky for us he gave us the short version of his summary.

Here is another summary.

An ingenious decision was made to keep the impugned video a secret for 2-3 months, pending the outcome of an application for a government grant.

The video is finally made public. The UMD respond by seeking PR opportunities. The AMHRC respond announcing legal action.

The caped crusader flies in to sort everything and everybody out.

His superior communication skills disenchants nearly all members of the MTO and others.

He threatens everybody not to act independently because they will fuck it up. Besides, he has devised a master strategy that will, well, do something. Nobody is ever sure, because the caped crusader works in mysterious ways.

He invokes the support of unnamed but highly important movers and shakers from across the globe in a coalition of justice.

The movers and shakers fail him.

His strategy fails to achieve anything.

He blames everybody else.

He flies away and disappears without a trace, presumably to pursue truth, justice and caped crusader ways somewhere else.

We are all left with the same problem we had at the beginning.

The UMD are nowhere to be seen. The boy wonder is about to leave.

The AMHRC are left, again, to fight the good fight. The SA Community have spent all their money on a newspaper ad and can’t afford to contribute anything to the legal action.

Mike Rann is still a racist.
                        Grotius
                        Frighteningly accurate!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

MP_MK
                          Thank you for your efforts and input and all the time spent putting things together! Don't let your hard work go to waste by leaving now, you can still have a positive input from anywhere in the globe! Don't let criticism be an obstacle, let it be a launching ramp!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• blackcactus
                            • Sep 2008

Thank you MP_MK
                            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Yes, Thank you MP_MK.
                              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti MP
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X