Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daniel the Great
    • Nov 2009

OMG i wanted to break the computer well i was watching that video how can they say that shit on camera.
    I am sick of this anti Macedonian bullshit in Australia.
    Rudd really needs to do something about this racist shit.

Comment

• blackcactus
      • Sep 2008

Thank you AMHRC for your prompt action, Australia needs to know
      The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• AMHRC
        De-registered
        • Sep 2009

AMHRC Begins Formal Action Against Rann

Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee Inc.
        Suite 106, Level 1, 55 Flemington Road, North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3051

Hon Mike Rann MP
        Premier of South Australia
        GPO Box 2343
        Adelaide SA 5001

Mr. Rann,

Inflammatory Comments against ethnic Macedonians

We have been made aware of your attendance last year at the 31st Annual “Dimitria Greek Festival” (29/11/09) in South Australia. Upon listening to the speech you delivered to the Greek community at this event, we came to the conclusion that it was inflammatory, bigoted and offensive.
        To begin with, you referred to the current President of the Republic of Macedonia as someone who is “stirring up trouble in the most dangerous way”. Your justification for this is that he and the Macedonian government are utilising the symbol of Alexander the Great, in a variety of public projects. We very much doubt that any objectively minded person could agree that this is a ‘dangerous stirring up of trouble’.

However, this was not enough for you Mr. Premier; you then moved on to raise the level of vilification against ethnic Macedonians by making the following assertion to your ethnic Greek audience at the festival: “People sometimes say to me, but why is this important? It is important because no one is entitled to steal another nation’s history or culture; that’s why it’s important”. Premier, you have implied that ethnic Macedonians are thieves and thereby you have provided succour to bigots by vilifying ethnic Macedonians in general.

We shall make use of relevant legislation to ensure that you are held to account for spreading this type of hatred.

Sincerely yours,

George Vlahov
        President
        Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee Inc.
        Tel/Fax: +61 3 9329 8960
        Email: [email protected]

CC: Australian Human Rights Commission
        Senator the Hon Chris Evans MP, Minister for Immigration and Citizenship (Cth)
        Hon Michael Atkinson MP, Minister for Multicultural Affairs (SA)
        South Australian Multicultural and Ethnic Affairs Commission
        Equal Opportunity Commission South Australia
        Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
        Special Broadcasting Corporation (SBS)

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

That is an excellent, no bullshit letter.

You're not pleading with him, you're telling him he did something wrong and he will be held to account for it and you've let all other relevant parties know about it.

I'm impressed with this strong response.

What's more, knowing the AMHRC, I know you will see this matter through.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Its good to see that the AMHRC is taking action against the Rann speech but they shouldn't be left alone to fly the 'flag' in this battle.

These very public displays of bigotry and the siding of public servants with one ethnic group over another need to be attacked with the full force of our total displeasure, every Macedonian community body should address this foolish man's inciteful comments, regardless of where in Australia they are.

Rann is under other pressures at the moment, as another member has already made comment to in this thread, lets make the most of exposing this low-life for what he really is...
            Last edited by Phoenix; 02-04-2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

What a fantastic letter, UMD should take notice of that.

Well Done AMHRC keep up the good work mate.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Here Here! Well done AMHRC, thats what I call good value for membership!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

George, thank you and everyone at the AMHRC for the tireless (and thankless) work you are doing in asserting the interests of our community.
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                    • Nov 2009

A very good letter by the AMHRC i hope the MACEDONIANS get some justice out of this.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                      • Jan 2009

Not Sure, But I think Mr Rann's Election Day is March 20th, We should keep a track of this new Hellenized South Australian... make everyone aware of this racist prick...
                      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                        Not Sure, But I think Mr Rann's Election Day is March 20th, We should keep a track of this new Hellenized South Australian... make everyone aware of this racist prick...
                        I have a good idea i will make a facebook group called MR RANN IS A RACIST PIG.

Comment

• Volk
                          • Sep 2008

Mike Rann, racist youtube video

YouTube - Mike Rann racist Premier of South Australia

I think this video deserves its own thread.

Revolting racist ranting.
                          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

Spolaj Ti Volk, Whats the current situation like in South Australia?? This Racism should not be tolerated in anyway, we must tackle this issue and stand up to this.
                            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

this latest rant is news to me.. His last one was in Solun but to bring this here, is nothing short of inciting racial violence.
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

I still think we should have reacted alot sooner, however better late then never.

Whats the Macedonian Community in South Australia discussed for far?? The Macedonians there are the front leaders and we should be supporting them. They can vote him out thats for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X