X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

(you're welcome Julie)

I have a lil question about our Adelaide community, do they have an official website?

If this is the one: http://www.communitywebs.org/MacedonianCommunitySA/ do they update the informations? (they certainly do need a redesign)

The internet propaganda is the cheapest stuff and probably nowadays most workable way to reach a wider range of interests.

You have to be visibile and loud ppl.
    In my opinion every community of our ppl should have it's own page, to update it regularly and to promote itself.
    Last edited by Bratot; 02-27-2010, 09:28 PM.
    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• MP_MK
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
      (you're welcome Julie)

I have a lil question about our Adelaide community, do they have an official website?

If this is the one: http://www.communitywebs.org/MacedonianCommunitySA/ do they update the informations? (they certainly do need a redesign)

The internet propaganda is the cheapest stuff and probably nowadays most workable way to reach a wider range of interests.

You have to be visibile and loud ppl.
      In my opinion every community of our ppl should have it's own page, to update it regularly and to promote itself.
      As I understand it, 2 of the communities are currently working on new sites.

Comment

• Bratot
        • Sep 2008

How many separate communitites do they have in Adelaide?

And that separation.. or differetiation on which basis is made of?

(srry if I ask 2 much)
        The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• MP_MK
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

(srry if I ask 2 much)

Depends who you ask.

Many are of the view that there is only one community with 2 churche's and no seperation or issues, but this is a romantic thought and these people can not come to terms with the truth.

There are two main communities and a 3rd smaller splinter group.

Hopefully, this is the begining of all communities coming together and putting differences aside, moving forward.

Comment

• Grotius
            • Dec 2009

Thank you, I see the points about the Newspaper ad.

"A little birdy has told me that the AMHRC may have to pursue this matter in courts without the financial (or other) assistance of the Adelaide communities. If this is indeed the case, I will personally light a fire under each and every committee member's arse."

Surely this is not right? That would be just absurd. I really don't know what to say about that if true.

Comment

• MP_MK
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              G,
              I see the merit in a public broadcast of the disappointment of the Macedonians in South Australia. Whatever the Greeks do is their choice and we will always take the higher moral ground. They are the ones denying an identity, not us.

I would have thought mentioning the AMHRC battle only lends credence to the argument. Again, it was a disappointing omission.

A little birdy has told me that the AMHRC may have to pursue this matter in courts without the financial (or other) assistance of the Adelaide communities. If this is indeed the case, I will personally light a fire under each and every committee member's arse.

The outlook, which members of the wider Australian Macedonian community are taking, is wrong.

This is no longer a Mike Rann or South Australian issue. If effects ALL Macedonians in Australia.

How good would it be if 2000 families in Australia donated just $100.00 each? That's $200,000 to put towards a legal fight. It's not a huge amount, but it's a start.
              Last edited by MP_MK; 02-27-2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Grotius
                • Dec 2009

MP_MK,

I agree with what you have said - this does effect all of us. But at the same time, doesn't it send a strange message to everybody if the South Australian Community/s are not prepared to contribute as well?

2,000 families - if only we could find them. If you count mine, all you have to do is find another 1, 999.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Its not a bad letter

This is basically a letter written to Mike Rann, they expect an apology and an urgent meeting.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• MP_MK
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Grotius View Post
                    MP_MK,

I agree with what you have said - this does effect all of us. But at the same time, doesn't it send a strange message to everybody if the South Australian Community/s are not prepared to contribute as well?

2,000 families - if only we could find them. If you count mine, all you have to do is find another 1, 999.

There is absoloutely no way that there is a united voice saying "South Australian's will not contribute".

...I think some information may have been lost in translation when that little birdie was on his flight.

Comment

• MP_MK
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

PS: 2000 families would represent perhaps 5% of the Australian community.

IF 5% can not contribute $100.00 each, God help us all.

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

Your figures are about right.

There are some 17,000 Macedonian families in Australia who come from the Republic of Macedonia.

There are perhaps twice as many from the Aegean part of Macedonia, though their numbers are much harder to discover until we complete the Diaspora-census project*.

In any case, 5% of the families contributing is an unrealistic expectation in the current climate. In fact, perhaps ever. Even 100 years ago, it wasn't anywhere near 5% of the Macedonian population who fought against the Turks, or history would have been very different.

The only organisation I know of in Australia, that has ever numbered 500+ paying members, was VMRO in the 90's with 600 or so active members in good standing. It's near impossible to realise those kinds of numbers again, though that is not to say it is not worth trying.

* The Diaspora-census project mentioned above will start when I have enough people interested to help get that project off the ground.

For details on the idea, please see:

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

(srry if I ask 2 much)
                          Bratot,
                          There is only one registered community in Adelaide. The second so-called community was started when the Community refused to hand over it's assets to the Vladika, and they were instructed to take over the main community by forming a second committee. Under Australian law they were unable to do this so they went their own way and the Vladika bought an old Catholic Church and converted it to Orthodox, where this so-called second community attends. The third splinter group is a political party, which under the constitution of the only legally registered Community was not allowed to join or merge, due to radical non conforming ideals. The Macedonian Community of Adelaide and South Australia Incorporated is a Community Organisation and as such qualifies for Local, State & Federal Funding which would be put at risk if it were a politically based organisation.
                          For the truth about The Macedonian Community of Adelaide & SA Inc. just ask me, for any other information ask anybody else you like!
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
                            There is absoloutely no way that there is a united voice saying "South Australian's will not contribute".

...I think some information may have been lost in translation when that little birdie was on his flight.
                            I said "may" and will hope this little internet thing called the "MTO" might shame anybody thinking of leaving the most crucial part of this process to a select few without supporting them.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• MP_MK
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                              Bratot,
                              There is only one registered community in Adelaide. The second so-called community was started when the Community refused to hand over it's assets to the Vladika, and they were instructed to take over the main community by forming a second committee. Under Australian law they were unable to do this so they went their own way and the Vladika bought an old Catholic Church and converted it to Orthodox, where this so-called second community attends. The third splinter group is a political party, which under the constitution of the only legally registered Community was not allowed to join or merge, due to radical non conforming ideals. The Macedonian Community of Adelaide and South Australia Incorporated is a Community Organisation and as such qualifies for Local, State & Federal Funding which would be put at risk if it were a politically based organisation.
                              For the truth about The Macedonian Community of Adelaide & SA Inc. just ask me, for any other information ask anybody else you like!
                              Putting aside legalities / structure etc... There are 3 distinct Macedonian communities in SA.

Comment

• MP_MK
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                                I said "may" and will hope this little internet thing called the "MTO" might shame anybody thinking of leaving the most crucial part of this process to a select few without supporting them.
                                My reply wasn't directed at you RTG.

I didn't want such a rumor to start because a forum member mis understood your initial post.

It is the e responsibility of all to support orgs they believe in but orgs also need to be pro active in fund raising to ensure there are cash reserves for such emergencies.

Comment

Working...
                                X