X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MP_MK
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

I'm extremely disappointed to see 16 pages of non sense.

I brought this to the forum's attention in the hope you guys / gals would do something about the MP Tom.

We really are our own worst enemies.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Grotius View Post
      RtG,

I have not seen the ad, but I am sure it would have cost a fair bit ie: half a page.

I question the strategy here. A lot of money, the Greeks are likely to spend double for an even bigger ad next week. What have we achieved in the end? I would have thought if people had money to spend on the cause, there might be things that will produce an actual outcome, or the very least, a better outcome - say contributing to the legal costs in the action against Rann to declare him a 'racist'. This in turn can generate its own publicity - free of charge!!

Also, I agree if we chose this path, surely mentioning that the AMHRC is taking legal action against the Premier might cause people to look twice.
      G,
      I see the merit in a public broadcast of the disappointment of the Macedonians in South Australia. Whatever the Greeks do is their choice and we will always take the higher moral ground. They are the ones denying an identity, not us.

I would have thought mentioning the AMHRC battle only lends credence to the argument. Again, it was a disappointing omission.

A little birdy has told me that the AMHRC may have to pursue this matter in courts without the financial (or other) assistance of the Adelaide communities. If this is indeed the case, I will personally light a fire under each and every committee member's arse.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

I also note one of the signatories to the advertisement was a VMRO DPMNE Macedonian Association. I still cannot fathom why on Earth anyone would form an association dedicated to a political party in another country. Sorry for the deviation from the discussion, but seriously ... what the? ... Perhaps I will move to Macedonia and form the Australian Liberal Party of Migrants.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

16 pages of nonsense is still raising profile on the issue.
          It has a purpose.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• MP_MK
            Banned
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            G,
            I see the merit in a public broadcast of the disappointment of the Macedonians in South Australia. Whatever the Greeks do is their choice and we will always take the higher moral ground. They are the ones denying an identity, not us.

I would have thought mentioning the AMHRC battle only lends credence to the argument. Again, it was a disappointing omission.

A little birdy has told me that the AMHRC may have to pursue this matter in courts without the financial (or other) assistance of the Adelaide communities. If this is indeed the case, I will personally light a fire under each and every committee member's arse.

Agreed RE: not mentioning AMHRC.

I also feel that there was a critical error in paragraph 9

Comment

• MP_MK
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

I also note one of the signatories to the advertisement was a VMRO DPMNE Macedonian Association. I still cannot fathom why on Earth anyone would form an association dedicated to a political party in another country. Sorry for the deviation from the discussion, but seriously ... what the? ... Perhaps I will move to Macedonia and form the Australian Liberal Party of Migrants.

I think it's important to involve all 3 communities in Adelaide, to put an end to further exclusions.

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Grotius View Post
                RtG,

I have not seen the ad, but I am sure it would have cost a fair bit ie: half a page.

I question the strategy here. A lot of money, the Greeks are likely to spend double for an even bigger ad next week. What have we achieved in the end? I would have thought if people had money to spend on the cause, there might be things that will produce an actual outcome, or the very least, a better outcome - say contributing to the legal costs in the action against Rann to declare him a 'racist'. This in turn can generate its own publicity - free of charge!!

Also, I agree if we chose this path, surely mentioning that the AMHRC is taking legal action against the Premier might cause people to look twice.

In practice there is no one right way when you tend something like this to be achieved .

There has to be a sum of every method into one outcome.

Depends on the resources of course but if one ad is not affordable for one bigger community than pomocaj mu se.
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I must be out of the loop. Is that really a community MP_MK? I was not really bagging them as people, merely the concept of mimicking a political party in another country. I don't think I have seen another example of it anywhere in the world.

I have no problem with all Macedonians getting together on issues of importance. This may well be a first.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• MP_MK
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

16 pages of nonsense is still raising profile on the issue.
                    It has a purpose.
                    I understand your thought process behind this.

Wuld be more productive if that enerry was used to bring Tom down.

I could only draft one letter to him while I was away and made opposition politicians aware of the tax funded movement, that's the best I could do with little time to spare. Dare say those efforts didn't amount to anything though.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                      There has to be a sum of every method into one outcome.
                      I agree. And an advertisement like this is useful in helping to measure the damage inflicted on Macedonians in South Australia.
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• MP_MK
                        Banned
                        • Aug 2009

I must be out of the loop. Is that really a community MP_MK? I was not really bagging them as people, merely the concept of mimicking a political party in another country. I don't think I have seen another example of it anywhere in the world.

I have no problem with all Macedonians getting together on issues of importance. This may well be a first.

I know little about them, but I believe they are indeed a 3rd community.

I'm not sure which group they splintered from.

I do know they have their own radio station.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Tom will get back in just for being Greek. Not for intelligence, not for political clout. Nothing else.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

Why... ?

There will be elections.. and the diaspora will have a vote remember. They have to start washing your brains little earlier

this is tiny but might help
                            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• MP_MK
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

Tom will get back in just for being Greek. Not for intelligence, not for political clout. Nothing else.

Agreed.

That's why alone, Macedonian's in Adelaide will struggle to have any control within poilitcs.

We need to align ourselves with other minorities in SA and lobby as one voice, to stop this carry on within local government.

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

thank you Bratot
                                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                                X