X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

Documents available as PDF from:

Here are the 5 pages of the document available as images (JPG)

Comment

• maslinka
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
      Sorry Malinka, I 100% deny that the execution was a bit off on my part.

When I submit an overview on the matter you will clearly see that the shortcomings of the officials in Australia and the wider Macedonian community are at fault.

I attacked this media campaign from the highest level within Australia and within ROM. Again, it is the dis-organization and stupidity of the Embassy, officials and wider community, which has led to a 'no result' on the media front.

In every reply which I have recieved from media avenues, they have stated that they simply cannot get any information out of the Embassy to confirm key points, additionally when given key official contacts, those contacts refer the media back to the embassy, which have not been helpful at all. Take ABC, they have been trying to get a statement form the embassy for 3 days, if it was the greek embassy, a statement would be available immediately. The ABC have also contacted the Macedonian Government official spokesman (I advised him to expect calls) and he has not given the media a statement or is returning calls.

The initiaitve, strategy, follow through and effort lacked nothing and the execution certainly wasn't "off" ...it's simple disorg and lazyness on the part of many and I will outline this in the overview so something at least can be learned.

Regarding the FB page: I did not start it, but I did step in when there was 200 fans and monitored it + tried to grow it, in the hope numbers would accumulate to a point where a public demonstration could be organized, considering no one was willing to spearhead a demonstration.
      MP, execution includes choosing which individuals should run with the issue. Don't get me wrong, it seems like you really tried hard, and were let down by others, but that is also your mistake if you understand what I mean. Its constructive criticism mate.

SO - if you had it over again, what would you do different? Who would you call first?

Comment

• MP_MK
        Banned
        • Aug 2009

Thank you Rogi.

Comment

• MP_MK
          Banned
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by maslinka View Post
          MP, execution includes choosing which individuals should run with the issue. Don't get me wrong, it seems like you really tried hard, and were let down by others, but that is also your mistake if you understand what I mean. Its constructive criticism mate.

SO - if you had it over again, what would you do different? Who would you call first?

Maslinka, I don't think you understand.

It is not my choice who is appointed in office within the Embassy.

It is not my choice who Honary Maceodnian Consul members are.

It is not my choice who the General Consul is.

It is not my choice that the MK government spokesmen decides to clam up when it comes to Australian media.

Following....?

I would honestly not do anthing differently.

I am only sorry that the Macedonians in Australia are not networked enough, to act at a drop of the hat, as other communities are.

In regards to who would I call first?
          I contacted the highest officials in the Macedonian office within Australia. I know them personally and assumed that they would deal with it. It came as a shock to hear they were more concerned in what I was going to do with it, so I did something, as it was painfully obvious that no one else was about to.

I first got news to the PM, but he was on an offical meeting in Prague with DPM, but replayed the info back to the President and that's where it started.

Naturally the first step was to make this an international diplomatic row so that the Australian media would take notice. I contacted Kanal 5, A1 & Sitel and made it an international story, the media here noticed but now that the media are wantng to speak to the Embassy and key officials, no one has anything to say or statement to make.

The failure has been on the part of the official key Australiam contacts.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

I can tell you that only 2 people from that list acted on this matter, the others stepped back and watched.

We lost 2 opportunities (once the segments had already been compiled) because officials would not comment on the matter and make confirmations. The initial opportunity / interview with Today Tonight was lost because the TT legal team weighed in on the matter and advised the producers not to run the story becasuse Rann was suing them at that point. They have since settled the legal dispute and the Producer in Charge advised me yesterday that they will do something with the story at some point, but at this stage have rulled out the original interview and can not indicate what they will do and when.

ABC advised me on Tuesday that they will screen the story Tuesday night or Wednesday night, neither happened and when I sent a text to the Producer late last night asking why nothing went to air, her reply was "I have not been able to get confirmation on key points of the story from the contacts you gave me both from within Australia and within the Macedonian Government (spokesman), the Australian Embassy have been no help either" ...She is working on it further today and will confirm this afternoon.

Something we know already-
            Make NO mistake that the Australian Media do not care about the Macedonians, this is largely because (and from the words of a two of the producers I spoke to) "Macedonians in Australia are not vocal enough, if this was the Indians or Greeks, there would be an immediate reaction and burning cars in the streets, if that was the case, we would be all over it".

Regarding the opposition party- they were immediately excited on the matter, now 6 days after my meeting with the opposition leader in SA and Abott on the phone during the meeting they have gone cold. I have concluded that they also do not want to offend the greeks and will rely on their votes too. From speaking to the Opposition leader in SA and meeting with her, she has handballed me to her assistant and she has made it clear they have lost interest, but I hold hope if and when the MK Gov come out and make an official statement removing the MK vote on AU's UN seat they will tune back into it.

All is not lost. I still trust ABC will run the story and SBS will come back to the table, TT will also at one point or another run the story. IF the MK gov come out and officially take a strong line on the matter and say "WE REMOVE OUR VOTE FOR AUSTRALIA'S BID FOR THE UN SECURTY COUNSIL SEAT" Then all news channels are on standby and will run the story from that angle- but again, make no mistake, they could not care less about the Macedonian cause, it would simply be an attack on Rann and his attack on P Ivanov.

Risto the Great, I don't doubt in what he just described above, this have been confirmed many times so far, regarding the medias and their policy.

I have pointed the same bolded issue to you and my conclussions are pretty same as MP have stated.

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            I strongly feel that Macedonia can do with more people that are capable of accepting criticism and admitting to their errors. Those that blatantly deny their own shortcomings will always be subject to criticism. You are one of these people MP_MK, so is your buddy Meto.

you provided weasel excuses as to why the matter concerning Rann was not addressed much earlier, you spoke on behalf of people and entities that you later refused to name, and the list of fantastic actions attributed to your sensationalist character goes on.

Good on you for doing your bit. Shame on you for not being able to accept criticism and the sentiments of people at the MTO, and for behaving less than heroic when realising that several people here did not agree with how the matter was being handled, or the people you were advocating for.
            I agree on this matter with SOM, and there is a serious mistake with hiding this video.

[QUOTE=Buktop;38587]You are right Prolet, why is no one upset that NONE of the Australian Macedonian organizations didn't know about this? [QUOTE]

I don't know how many organization in Aus. you have and sure you have the right to call on their liability on this matter but also you have to admit that having this video distributed only among certain group of ppl not passing it to these organizations actually is undermining their work.

-

Some ppl do less talking and do more work. Not everything have to be noted in this topic, right?

Ova mi dogja ko ona nasheno- ako ne se pofalis deka si ebel e isto ko da ne si ebel
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

Ova mi dogja ko ona nasheno- ako ne se pofalis deka si ebel e isto ko da ne si ebel
              Bratot, The Serbs say "Jebeš ti priča kad niko ne zna"

Im disappointed actually with our Embassy, Pero Stojanovski is not a diplomat so no wonder he dint have a clue what he was doing.

MP, Do you see any hope in this?
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Julie, RTG, Bill, Phoneix, SOTS:

Together, united, all five of you don't have a spine between you. How does that feel?

The difference between a real Macedonian:

"I heard your call to arms, Macedonian is behind you my friend, anytime 24 hours."

A chest beater / keyboard warrior in Australia:

this is an email I sent to david Ridgeway , liberal MP today called my dad with joy early this morning to let him know of the EU decision for open visa for Macedonia coming into effect Dec 19, a celebration for Macedonians worldwide. My elation turned to dismay when I obtained a recount of the events of

Between the 5 of you, you haven't even been able to translate one simple article or raise a hand to assist.

Are you 5, the board members of the new MTO worldwide movement? Or God help us, are there more that share your destructive pack mentality?

Hang your heads in shame. You are all a joke to the cause.

As Osiris put it: "he has been one of our finest online soldiers"

...It is painfully ovbious and it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt during this campaign, that the vocal members on this forum who have done nothing but either attack me or sit back and watch, are and will be keyboard warriors to the day they die.
                REAL MACEDONIAN - hello, attacking me again, and the blood of my family? I suggest you shut your mouth.
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Stojacanec
                  • Dec 2009

A state premier openly supports the turkish refugee position on Macedonia. The Rann government almost gives an open chequebook funding the greek community in Adelaide.

And the poor b$%^#tard Tom is still not happy.

We are not talking about normal people here.

Fools !!!
                  Last edited by Stojacanec; 02-18-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

Thank you Rogi.
                    In the future when you will like to upload a pdf file use this site, it's simple:

Discover, Share, and Present presentations and infographics with the world’s largest professional content sharing community.
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Buktop
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by maslinka View Post
                      Buktop, I'd be keen to hear your unbiased thoughts on the UMD's contribution to this matter? Can you expand on that? Indeed UMD have an office in Australia, what is your assessment of their performance?
                      It would be good if you could be objective in your response.
                      Why are you turning this into a UMD issue? All the organizations in Australia missed this and it is THEIR JOB to be on the lookout for these sorts of issues, that is why they formed their organizations. AMHRC, as many here have claimed, have a long history of being active in Australia and to think that they didn't even know about this or don't have people looking for these sorts of things is disconcerting. UMD's Australian office didn't pick up on it either which is also disconcerting. Does that make the shortcomings of other Australian organizations any better?
                      "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                      though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                      Our long awaited hour will draw near
                      and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Grotius
                        • Dec 2009

Buktop,

I think you are being a bit disingenious suggesting that the AMHRC has not picked up on this - just go back a few posts and you will see that they have, and in fact are doing something about it. All on the same day! In fact, I wish that you guys up there could one day benefit from such a committed and effective organisation. It will do you well to recognise their contributions rather than being negative, given that in previous posts you have claimed that your MO is to be constructive - with which I agree with you, we should all try and be so.

Just for clarity, (and I have asked and found out) the UMD does not have an office in Melbourne or anywhere else in Australia - the blurb that appears beneath ther PR is just another tricky manipulation of words to give the impression that they do.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Buktop, very disappointing, the tone in your messages is more than obvious, don't go looking towards others for the blame now, you have single-handedly brought it upon yourself.

Why wasn't UMD Australia operations already aware? You represent the UMD on all other topics, why don't you question them now for this, but rather, you try and single out the AMHRC? Poor form.
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• BigMak
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2009

I would like to know the extent of UMD's contribution to this topic also! can someone elaborate on this?

Comment

• sf.
                              • Jan 2010

This is not an UMD vs AMHRC issue. The latter were collateral damage in Buktop'c crude attempt at making a point about Australians' persistant criticisms of the UMD. We all know what's happening here now, so let's move on.
                              Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Prolet
                                • Sep 2009

SOM, Buktop never had a go at AMHRC he simply stated that nobody was aware of it, everybody has responsibilities here.

The Greeks are fully supporting Mike Rann here and stating that he is being attacked for simply telling the truth, we should be focusing on him.
                                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

Working...
                                X