Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

i am alarmed by the idea that some people beleive that anyone involved in the macedonian cause should be above criticsm. there has not and never will be a human being who doesnt make mistakes and we as macedonians have every right to hold those in our community who claim to speak on our behalf.

i am not sure the umds contribution to the macedonian cause, as a charitable and political organisation is that great that they are beyond criticsm.

i am still waiting for the umd to show me metos article in the melbourne age mewspaper the one advertised in his promo flyer.

Comment

• MP_MK
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

[QUOTE=osiris;37460]i am alarmed by the idea that some people beleive that anyone involved in the macedonian cause should be above criticsm. there has not and never will be a human being who doesnt make mistakes and we as macedonians have every right to hold those in our community who claim to speak on our behalf.QUOTE]

Agreed,

But for God sakes, give them (people that fight for the cause) the benefit of the doubt, suppport and throw them a bone at least.
      Last edited by MP_MK; 02-11-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• julie
        • May 2009

Originally posted by osiris View Post
        i am alarmed by the idea that some people beleive that anyone involved in the macedonian cause should be above criticsm. there has not and never will be a human being who doesnt make mistakes and we as macedonians have every right to hold those in our community who claim to speak on our behalf.

i am not sure the umds contribution to the macedonian cause, as a charitable and political organisation is that great that they are beyond criticsm.

i am still waiting for the umd to show me metos article in the melbourne age mewspaper the one advertised in his promo flyer.

well said.
        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Rogi
          • Sep 2008

Hmm, I see that the comments that were posted below the article have now been removed?

Comment

• osiris
            • Sep 2008

only time will tell what the umd will have achieved. so far i dont see that much to be overly excited about. they have a web site that tries to link them to every event in the macedonian calender, even when their role is nothing more than an expression of support for the event.

great pr but not much else. they even claim actions started by and devolped by others and their filp flopping on the inviolability of our name leaves me bewildered and angry.

my advice to the umd is more actions more humility more respect for all the others past and present who have been involved with the macedonian cause and less hot air about how wonderful and important they are to macedonia.

Comment

• MP_MK
              Banned
              • Aug 2009

Correct.

Keep in mind Kelly is trying to run a "feel good" site and people arguing is not a good thing.

Send letters of thanks to Kelly @ [email protected]

We need to support and thank people that support us and stand up for the truth.

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
                Correct.

Keep in mind Kelly is trying to run a "feel good" site and people arguing is not a good thing.

Send letters of thanks to Kelly @ [email protected]

We need to support and thank people that support us and stand up for the truth.
                Good idea, we should suport and thank others that stand up for the truth.
                Last edited by Bill77; 02-12-2010, 12:16 AM.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                  I would like to urge the Macedonian youth to come here to the Macedonian Truth Organization so they can get a crash course in all matters Macedonian especially the historic ones.
                  Daskalie,
                  i concur wholeheartedly, once they have the factual information to be able to discuss their issues with Greeks they will be more confident and less fearful and can provide validated arguments instead of being intimidated by Greek rhetoric.
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Stojacanec
                    • Dec 2009

Which youth are you talking about, and what age groups?? Fair go, youth still in primary school would not even confront greeks (and visa versa) about heritage.

Macedonians outnumbered 1000 to 1 is grossely exaggerated.

I don't know of any greeks intimidating macedonians in Adelaide.

The numbers are down because of the old story:

1. The MKD community split in 2 around 1994 with VMRO group sepearating from the community in Findon.

2. The church split a couple of years later, further dividing the already small community.

3. The soccer has separated as a section of the main community.

The numbers are not low because of greek intimidation MK_MP. The numbers are low because of inner divisions.

They are all out there, just scattered.

Its time to unite, I say.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Stojacanec View Post
                      Which youth are you talking about, and what age groups?? Fair go, youth still in primary school would not even confront greeks (and visa versa) about heritage.

1. The MKD community split in 2 around 1994 with VMRO group sepearating from the community in Findon.

2. The church split a couple of years later, further dividing the already small community.

The numbers are not low because of greek intimidation MK_MP. The numbers are low because of inner divisions.

AMEN!!!!
                      As I keep saying in ALL the threads - UNITY
                      pozdrav
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

The 4th division is here at the MTO, which is not mutually exclusive from the other divisions .... just classier.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

RTG you forgot the royalty bit too!

Comment

• MP_MK
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

This is what I said earlier and I stand by it:

I would guess that there are approx 50 "youth" under tha age of 21 that are active in the Adelaide community, more than half of those are under the age of 10.

There are thousands of greeks betwen 18 and 21 that are constantly yapping on that Macedonia is greek and Alexandar the Great is greek. In a small community (Adelaide) it is extremely difficult for them.

...Furthermore:

I know it is extremely difficlut for them, because I have mentored some from both sides of the community for the last 2 years.

Also every time I visit my greek friends houses, their teenager sons and daughters are always harping on that Macedonia is greece. If they do that to someone 15 years their senior, what do they do within their circles when they are surrounded by like minded friends?

Comment

• Bratot
                              • Sep 2008

Little contribution with this compilation I got on fb:

The differences between what is public and what is private space are becoming more blurred as social media invokes its power. Any comments made public or private, anonymous or not could quite possibly end up on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as our need for instantaneous communication is fuelled. Just look at the hot water South Australian Premier Mike Rann has got himself into over remarks he made at the Dimitria Greek Festival in November last year.

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

Last edited by Bratot; 02-12-2010, 04:59 AM.
                              The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Volk
                                • Sep 2008

Eve ti od Sitel MP:

Parliamentarians in the federal Australian Parliament condemned the statements made by South Australian Premier, Mike Rann, in which he accused the Macedonian President of causing problems in a dangerous manner and stealing Greek history and culture.

After the meeting of Ambassador Stojanovski and Consul Kosevski with Parliamentarian Luke Simpkins, the statement has been classified as an attempt to obtain Greek votes.

“To get involved in the Macedonian question for the purpose of gaining votes in upcoming elections and to incite ethnic tension is grossly irresponsible because it insults their feelings which can lead to several dangerous problems”, said Simpkins in the Australian Parliament.

The Parliamentarian pointed out that it is possible that legal action could be taken against the South Australian Premier. Simpkins, suggested that the name impasse is serious and cannot be solved with a politically charged speech but between the two parties involved.

The speech by Mike Rann is condemned in the Australian media, which writes that the speech was made at a Greek festival mite turn into a serious diplomatic incident. The speech by Premier Rann was made in November last year, however the video footage has only become wide spread the last few days. His speech is received as a grave error particularly due to the fact that only 3000 Macedonians live in South Australia and 84,000 nationwide.
                                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

Working...
                                X