X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    This is my general concern, the apathy over there should not sway our determination in the Diaspora. How can we expect them to celebrate their identity at its best when they are so used to oppression?

It is up to us.
    Correct, it is up to us.

People how are trying to make a living with the small economic means that they have do not make this a priority.

We the Diaspora are the catalyst to Macedonians success.
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
      Besides Kanal 5 and some virtual publications, it seems to have been ignored... I guess they really dont care... I was speaking to my cousin in MKD, sent him the video and he said "what do I care what some dickhead says over there?" I have a feeling this is the general sentiment....
      Honestly it's both ways sentiment and I'm fucking tired of listening to these kind of bullshit, because this way you are only producing biased lack of trust among all of us.

Now I shall say how my causins in Canada don't give a fuck about Macedonian name and I will pull out a GENERAL conclussion about all diaspora.

Spare me from this kind of animosity and don't come out with the general impression of impassive mass because it's not true.

The biggest and stupidest problem we are facing all around is to exceed those stereotypes about ourselfs.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
        The biggest and stupidest problem we are facing all around is to exceed those stereotypes about ourselfs.
        Excellent point. One person in the Republic can completely change the sentiment. One million can even do more.

Again, we must never forget the significance of the Diaspora in creating the modern Greek State. It is an excellent example, and they had much less to work with than us.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
          Honestly it's both ways sentiment and I'm fucking tired of listening to these kind of bullshit, because this way you are only producing biased lack of trust among all of us.

Now I shall say how my causins in Canada don't give a fuck about Macedonian name and I will pull out a GENERAL conclussion about all diaspora.

Spare me from this kind of animosity and don't come out with the general impression of impassive mass because it's not true.

My sentiment was not only based from the opinion of my cousin, but the lack of media attention in Macedonia. If they cared they would have reported on it, HAVE THEY?? NO

So before getting on your high horse actually READ what I have posted, no reference was made about the diaspora.

Taking this into to account your whole post is pointless..
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• MP_MK
            Banned
            • Aug 2009

I'll add:

The initial article releases in my opinion should not have been done at this point, regardless if UMD were in town or not.

As the articles have been released ahead of schedule, it has given very little time to implement a coordinated media roll out in MK.

As Mike Rann made direct reference to President Ivanov, it is best that President Ivanov makes an official reply, followed by media circulation within MK then followed by a roll out in local media within Australia.

The video is 8 weeks old, another week would not have made a difference.

Let's see how it unfolds this week / next week.

The differences between what is public and what is private space are becoming more blurred as social media invokes its power. Any comments made public or private, anonymous or not could quite possibly end up on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as our need for instantaneous communication is fuelled. Just look at the hot water South Australian Premier Mike Rann has got himself into over remarks he made at the Dimitria Greek Festival in November last year.

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

Last edited by MP_MK; 02-10-2010, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

MP, Any news from the Macedonian Embassy?? They did mention that a formal protest would be made.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Was that the extent of the Australian media ‘blitzkrieg’ that MP promised? Two articles in The Australian and a further two in local SA papers? What happened to all those “connections” in “high places”? What happened to the interview on national television? Can we expect anything further MP? The way I read your posts MP, I expected an intensive long-running media campaign, yet the search term “mike rann macedonian” only manages to get seven hits on Google News and some of them don’t even have anything to do with this story.

Did you just come on here in a disingenuous attempt to provide UMD with some “credibility”?

Can you provide the names of the organisations which supposedly supported an interview with Meto on national television? Can you tell us who these “leaders of the Australian Macedonian community” are?

Can you provide the name of the organisation that you represent?
                Last edited by Vangelovski; 02-10-2010, 11:33 PM.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• MP_MK
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                  MP, Any news from the Macedonian Embassy?? They did mention that a formal protest would be made.

I haven't touched base with them today.

I worked through the night to get things coordinated within MK, that is key, at this point. Without MK doing their part it will be difficult on the local front.

Comment

• Volk
                    • Sep 2008

Keep up the good work MP

We should all play a part and give those people working towards our goals a pat on the back.
                    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Волк, Сега треба нашите да кренат иницијатива, треба и официално да поднесат протесно писмо во властите на Австралија и треба Никола Груевски да го повика Амбасадарот од Белград да дојде во Скопје на Консултации.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                        Ви треба Никола Груевски да го повика Амбасадарот од Белград да дојде во Скопје на Консултации.
                        What the hell for?
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• BigMak
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MP_MK View Post
                          I haven't touched base with them today.

I worked through the night to get things coordinated within MK, that is key, at this point. Without MK doing their part it will be difficult on the local front.
                          is that what the UMD is supposed to be for?

Comment

• MP_MK
                            Banned
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by BigMak View Post
                            is that what the UMD is supposed to be for?
                            Well look what / who the cat dragged in!

Alo Robchie

Comment

• Mikail
                              • Sep 2008

Does anyone know whether President Ivanov has made any comment about Mr Ranns provocative anti-Macedonian speech?
                              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Phoenix
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                                Does anyone know whether President Ivanov has made any comment about Mr Ranns provocative anti-Macedonian speech?
                                That would only be if Mickey P gave Ivanov his 'cell' number or was that because Mickey was too busy giving everyone else here his 'cell' number that he didn't have time to contact the man himself...

Comment

Working...
                                X