Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

With Macedonia in the EU, does that not mean that they have even more control and power to dictate terms to us?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
      With Macedonia in the EU, does that not mean that they have even more control and power to dictate terms to us?
      There are certain powers the Macedonian State would be required to give up.

At the end of the day being a member of the E.U would weaken the central government model. This would not be good for Macedonia, which is struggling to keep its country together and has a militant break-away minority inside its State.

What the E.U model theoretically envisions is the devolution of power. That is the passing over of an unexercized right to another, namely local and municipal councils. In our case, the Albanians. All laws are made within the terms of this framework. Of course not all E.U members follow this rule (and can keep central power strong), but you can be sure they will make Macedonia follow it. This is how the anti-Macedonian section of the E.U can potentially end Macedonia. They will use their own rules (which they don't use or follow themselves), but impose on Macedonia.

Comment

• Jankovska
        • Sep 2008

We all know the EU is bullshit, but around 90% of the people living in the Republic think it's not. People want the EU because of two reasons- to be able to go and work in a EU country and to feel safer with having the Albanians.
        Bulgaria went into the EU and my god is it poor now. The poor people are like cigani po ulicite, everything has gone up ( Evropski ceni) but the wages are the same. Corruption is very high as is in Macedonia and the country is not moving forward at all. However Kustendil was a town of around 25 000 people, now they have around 6000 left. everyone has moved away. This is waht Macedonians want to do. In one way I don't blame them,we all want to provide for our families. Cheap travel is another thing, to come to Britain from Skopjje (not direct flight) is around £250 to fly from Sofia (EU country) is around £60. Being in the EU most Macedonians think it will resolve our problem with the Albos, who knows? This is something that someone preached to Macedonains and got the job done, they all believe it. And they all love our name. I just don't think that people should be pushed too hard. Crvenkovski is back and he is not gonna go without a fight. Ivanov and Grujo have to be very smart. If they push the people more and more as they have started (financially) the people will want EU. If you are to extremly nationalistic you give the base for Branko to work his magic and convise people that EU will never happen while Ivanov is in power. Be harsh, be sharp, defend what we have but look after the people too.

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

90% of the people in Macedonia is a statistic I cannot accept Jankovska. Surely they cannot be that naive.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            90% of the people in Macedonia is a statistic I cannot accept Jankovska. Surely they cannot be that naive.
            Risto, it is not about naivety!

It is about the dream of prosper, money and freedom to go anywhere you want.

There are people who have good wages, but the majority are relative poor.
            Mean while, in Skopje you can't get around the month if you don't have at least 500€ per Month. If you don't have your own property, it is even more.

In Stip for example, the average salary is 200€, and I have relatives living 9 People in Apartment of 60 square meters.

To them, EU seems like heaven, at least the EU promises and Patriotism is only a word to them! I can't blame them, I know how it is. I lived with my wife in 25 square meter room for 6 years.

Patriotism is something which one has to develop, become aware of by being able to appreciate what is yours and see the deception of the others.

I know we still have some YU Mentality where one thinks that of the others is better than the one you own, but things will change.

No one can preach to somebody about God when that one has an empty Stomach.
            To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Jankovska
              • Sep 2008

I think it could be higher than this. Everyone I have met who lives in Macedonia want to be part of EU. Sad but true

Every time I have spoken against it I've been told- ti zivees u Evropa a na nas ni solis pamet. I can't say anything further

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

The sooner we have visa liberalisation, the better.
                It will mean the Macedonians can see with their own eyes how the grass is not necessarily greener outside of their borders.

I am disturbed by your statements Makedonin & Jankovska ... mostly because I know you have no reason to lie and your hearts are in the right place. The stomachs will be empty for a while longer, but comments like Ivanovs surely must help with pride for our people.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• makedonin
                  • Sep 2008

The sooner we have visa liberalisation, the better.
                  It will mean the Macedonians can see with their own eyes how the grass is not necessarily greener outside of their borders.

I am disturbed by your statements Makedonin & Jankovska ... mostly because I know you have no reason to lie and your hearts are in the right place. The stomachs will be empty for a while longer, but comments like Ivanovs surely must help with pride for our people.

I see the Visa liberation as shock therapy, for us the Macedonians in R. of Macedonia.

I haven't met any person who was outside and than did not change his mind about it.

Seeing how people react on you cause of your background is something you don't experience everyday in Macedonia. Feeling the restriction placed upon you just cause you are Macedonian is something for good stomachs.

Further more, meeting more Greeks and Bulgarians outside will only display their mask towards Macedonians, and definitely change the view of the Macedonians in R.of Macedonia.

BUT, I haven't met a Macedonian who was ready to get in EU on the cost of the Macedonian name. We want in, but with the basic dignity of man, being recognized as such, with own chosen name.

The sooner we meet the aliens out side, the better we know we have it good inside.
                  Last edited by makedonin; 09-18-2009, 09:26 AM.
                  To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Jankovska
                    • Sep 2008

Thats' good and that is how it should stay. Yes I think it the visa liberation will be a remedy for the Macedonian people and it will help paint a better picture about Europe to them, the picture we see. The EU is great for the rich countries, not anyone else.
                    As for national pride Risto, I am for it, man I am more of a nacionalista than anything but the situation in Macedonia is a bit more fragile. With time we will get stronger and hopefully exit this whole circus with the name.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

I pity the poor soul who changes our name,they/ll face the same situation as gligorov did when he sold on the flag.The ultranationalists tried to blow him away,
                      macedonia has a lot to lose if it chages it's name.Greece loses nothing & gives nothing in return.It hides under the rhetoric of economic gain for macedonia.The benefits of crumbs is about right we are just alluding ourselves if we think we are going to be better off in nato or the eu.Nations like england are regretting for surrendering their sovereignety to the eu.A lot of countries have realised that the eu's promises of grants to those nations that join are not being honoured straight away at least if at all.
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

The EU has its own problems before they can even think of Macedonia. Only as recent as this week it was yet again confirmed the Lisbon Treaty was yet to be ratified and the Irish were yet to make a decision. Do we want to hop aboard a sinking ship?

There are genuine concerns about the sovereignty of a country once it joins this monster.
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

Why are we compelled to change the name when a majority of the world recognizes us under the sovereign name of Republic of Macedonia.I think it's more of a ploy to trick us to change our name under the pretext of joining nato or the eu.As many have pointed out that membership of both nato & eu may prove just a hollow empty promise which amounts to nothing.Is it worthwhile to lose your identity for nothing.Don't forget our enemy is greece & has nothing to lose but everything to gain.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

The EU has its own problems before they can even think of Macedonia. Only as recent as this week it was yet again confirmed the Lisbon Treaty was yet to be ratified and the Irish were yet to make a decision. Do we want to hop aboard a sinking ship?

There are genuine concerns about the sovereignty of a country once it joins this monster.
                            Do you what is amazing about this case? It is that the Irish have already decided they do not want to be a part of it. But the E.U believes it can with the help of the Irish politicians actually by pass and ignore the referendum that had and go with it anyway.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Apparently the eu has made more money than it has given money to Ireland.Ireland kept defaulting on the loans it got.Being in the eu mean't it had to share it's fishing watersto the rest of the eu.The people have spoken but it remains for the politicians to listen
                              to the people.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Jankovska
                                • Sep 2008

I think the same will for the UK, no one here wants to be part of the EU

Comment

Working...
                                X