• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Traveller
    Banned
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by osiris View Post
    most likely a first generation "macedonian" and he decalres macedonia to belong to his people. this is greece at its raw true self. thanks che i found the video very informative, it comfimrs how rabid and ignornsat and crazy the majority of the greek public are.
    He is an ex Pontian footballer of FC PAOK . He owns some chorba restaurants in Athens nowadays. He is expressing the feelings of the ordinary Thessalonicians. He says "with a blow we'll send them back to Russia (he means Kaspian sea) from where they came". Deep in our subconscious (i hope i use the right word) it is the fear of the stranger who comes from far away and invades in our lives, and wants to be us...

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
      So why didn't they Traveller? could it be that the Greek government doesn't want it's own Afghanistan? because that's what it would amount to. There are so many things practically wrong with Greece invading the Republic of Macedonia that it just doesn't make sense militarily.
      I don't know what MAVI means, but if it has something to do with war, there will no winners - and the truth is that Greece has alot more to lose than to gain.

I'm not certain that Greece is convinced it can trust its own people in terms of where their loyalties lie.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
        How do you propose that the large Albanian minority is reduced?

Also, in what ways do you see the number of Macedonians can be raised, as opposed to the much higher birth rate off the Albanian population in Macedonia?

These are some fundamental things and nobody has really made any suggestions or come up with any ideas as to how we can do this and re-adjust the balance of power in Macedonia, further in favour of the Macedonians.
        I have thought of one thing the Macedonians can do to shift the balance of power.

The shires around Debar, on ethnographic maps of Macedonia, show that Albanians number about 50%, the rest are made up of Turks and of course Macedonians.

Now this region of Macedonia, from Vevchani to Mavrovo Anovi to Brod near Gora, is sparsely populated. The high number of Albanians are concentrated in a few villages/towns. The rest of the region, is littered with run down Macedonian villages, number anything from two families to 20 families. The high number of Albanians does not reflect the ethnic dispersion.

Take Mavrovo Anovi - roughly 1,000 people, and about 500 of them are Albanians. Add, 1500 Macedonians, through some simple urban planning, and Albanians go from 50% to 15% in a short number of years. This changes everything.

1. The Macedonian ethnic group, reclaims the area. It appears on ethnic maps, used for geo-political purposes as a predominantly Macedonian area - and an important buffer between Albanian/Kosovo and Macedonia. It provides a powerful case against the so called Albanian "block".

2. This one is equally important in terms of strategy. The terms of the Ohrid Framework agreement, are rescinded. Furthermore, it takes at the very least one Albanian minister out of Parliament, and adds at the very least one Macedonian minister in his place.

Comment

• sydney
          • Sep 2008

where will these 1500 maks come from? and debar aside, what about skopje, how will they reduce numbers there? i just don't see a solution in reducing the ship numbers in MKD. over the last 150 years the ships have been building their numbers in MKD and there is no sign this trend is going to stop. very unfortunate.

Comment

• El Bre
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
            He is an ex Pontian footballer of FC PAOK . He owns some chorba restaurants in Athens nowadays. He is expressing the feelings of the ordinary Thessalonicians. He says "with a blow we'll send them back to Russia (he means Kaspian sea) from where they came". Deep in our subconscious (i hope i use the right word) it is the fear of the stranger who comes from far away and invades in our lives, and wants to be us...
            Send who back to Russia?

Who are these strangers?
            Last edited by El Bre; 10-08-2008, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Traveller
              Banned
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
              Send who back to Russia?

Who are these strangers?
              Ask him. He 'll be glad to hear from you...

Comment

• El Bre
                • Sep 2008

Yeah, whatever.
                Last edited by El Bre; 10-08-2008, 12:08 PM.

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
                  • Sep 2008

Ali Ahmeti opens illegal National Liberation Army museum !!!

Skopje. Leader of the National Liberation Army, Ali Ahmeti, opened an illegal museum of the National Liberation Army, Macedonians Vecer newspaper writes on Saturday.
                  At the presence of all Albanian ministers, MPs of the Democratic Union for Integration, and guest from Albania and Kosovo, Ahmeti announced the Museum of Freedom (more popular as the National Liberation Army Museum) officially open.
                  The ceremony was held on the Day of the Albanian Flag. Earlier, Ahmeti and Albanian historians took part in a celebration at the Albanian theatre in Skopje.

FOCUS News Agency reminds: the National Liberation Army was closed down after the signing of an agreement, which put an end to the conflicts in Macedonia in 2001. The National Liberation Army was transformed into a political party. Its leader Ali Ahmeti is now at the helm of the biggest party of the ethnic Albanians in Macedonia – Democratic Union for Integration.

this museum must be closed ! it´s a sign of disrespect to the fallen macedonians who fight against the terroristic ALBANIAN group !
                  1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
                  2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Venom
                    • Sep 2008

Burn it down.
                    S m r t - i l i - S l o b o d a

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

On what grounds is it illegal?
                      I hope it is!
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Rogi
                        • Sep 2008

It does not have the approval of the Ministry for Culture (or whatever Ministry's approval it requires) and on those grounds, it is an illegal 'museum'.

But that means nothing, since no politician in Macedonia has the balls to shut it down. They can shut down Albanian mafia and so on, but they fear the Albanian politicians.

Imagine, this comes only days after the Parliament did not vote in favour of the Bill to support the defenders of Macedonia from 2001.

Macedonia should pull out of its NATO aspirations and the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Why? Because Macedonia is a country that harbours terrorists, it even provides them with museums once they have killed Macedonians.

Go to Macedonia, kill some Macedonians and you can become a rich politician and have your own museum and whatever else you want... That is the message, isn't it?

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

Its presence in an attack on Macedonian sovereignty.

Comment

• Sarafot
                            • Dec 2008

Man dont even know wath to think,they should have rights in Tetovo and vilages,but not in our capital,comme on it is like we open museum of Macedonian history in Athens,her where i live they dont even give us a church in use?!
                            Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
                            - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Totally agree.
                              It is a shame and our people are to blame.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TerraNova
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Sarafot View Post
                                Man dont even know wath to think,they should have rights in Tetovo and vilages,but not in our capital,comme on it is like we open museum of Macedonian history in Athens,her where i live they dont even give us a church in use?!
                                There is the Macedonian struggle Museum in Thessaloniki.http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh1560.jsp?obj_id=3361

Maybe it's time for a satellite in Skopje

(check also archaeological http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh151.jsp?obj_id=3332 ,Byzantine culture http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh151.jsp?obj_id=3272 and and royal tombs museum in Vergina http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh151.jsp?obj_id=3297
                                Last edited by TerraNova; 12-18-2008, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X