X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makgerman
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by TajnataKniga View Post
    sad but true in some cases. but i doubt it for all cases. didnt some former MPO people build the macedonian orthodox churches?
    And the rest of the offspring still go to Bulgarian churches!

I don't trust MPO and wouldn't do so until they prove that their main interest is what is the best for Macedonia and the Macedonians, not what suits Bulgaria.

Comment

• Warrior
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
      Pelister,

I've raised that issue because I'm astounded at UMD's inability or reluctance to question certain aspects of the Macedonia/USA relationship and it seems to be such a 'no go area' for some of the North Americans who are close to UMD and its leadership.

Why has UMD never condemned the involvement of Macedonian forces in the NATO lead operation in Afghanistan, particularly since the disgusting and discriminatory refusal of NATO members to accept us into their organization.

I'm absolutely disgusted and appalled that UMD would so blatantly side on American interests in Afghanistan by "applauding" the increase of Macedonian troop numbers to this foreign conflict.

This is the point I need to make perfectly clear, that decision by the Macedonian Government was made out of total duress because of the otherwise international 'isolation' of Macedonia...we're not welcomed into NATO or the EU, Macedonia feels it needs to make alliences with the USA, hence it becomes subservient to another nations interests...BUT... that doesn't mean that our diaspora organizations have to be licking American arse, the role of such organizations is to protect the interests of Macedonians, whether those interests are being compromised by our government or by foreign powers.

UMD has let down the diaspora no end in this particular matter and there's a growing list of grievances that are being accumulated by UMD in such a short period of existence...that has to be questioned.

Why are UMD so ambiguous about the important issues regarding our identity, why have previous annoucements been so accommodating for name change, if need be. Why have certain Macedonian Government decisions never been challenged by UMD.

In my personal opinion I think UMD are working not for the diaspora as they claim they are but for other interests...UMD it seems is not accountable to anybody, least of all the diaspora, you are welcome to join and it has attracted many good meaning Macedonians in its short existence but many have also left in the same period which is a real worry...
      The applause did cost the organisers some sponsorship money at the recent macedonian movie showing in Melbourne. That is a NO NO in the corporate world where the leader dis-advantages his/her organisation due to their opinions/beliefs!!!

I think the UMD leaders really aspire to be part of the americam political sphere than being entangled in the struggle for the macedonian cause. They are using the cause as a pre-cursor to their personal ambitions. Its totally unethical!!!

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

You can add to that that UMD refuses to reject or denounc the negotiations. It refuses to do anything to end them.

It has done the opposite in fact. It has berated Greece in a press release for not being serious about a name change. How does one make sense of that position?

Consider also this. UMD have said many times that our path to membership in the E.U and NATO can only be achieved through negotiating, and a compromised name.

Under those circumstances, why is UMD so insistent we negotiate? And why is it so insistent that our "salvation" lies in being a member of the E.U and NATO? Take a closer look at its calls for a modified and compromised name. I believe we have our answer right there.

UMD support for these Western Frameworks is not in doubt - what is in doubt is whether UMD ACCEPT the terms put to the Macedonians by these Western institutions. Again, take a closer look at their calls for a modified and compromised name, and their support for the negotiations.

In this context, I believe UMD is fundamentally anti-Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

A new Meto Koloski quote

In response to an arguement that the Macedonian Government does not have the right to negotiate on our name, Meto Koloski stated:

The Macedonian government has the constitutional and legitimate right to negotiate in our name for the name of our state because the Macedonian citizens elected them constitutionally and legitimately, are you denying this?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo...r/message/1923

6 June 2003
          Last edited by Vangelovski; 01-08-2010, 12:03 AM.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Such statements keep surfacing, and they are hard to ingore. The Macedonian Diaspora is staunch, anybody claiming to represent them must be of the same character, nothing less will do.

I do apologise Meto, but one cannot escape from the facts. If only you were willing to acknowledge some of your past errors so we can all move on, but, alas, you, along with people like TajnataKniga, don't see a 'compromise' even when multiple name changes were found to be 'acceptable' by the UMD.

The lack of integrity has certainly altered my perception on some things that were, until recently, considered uncompromising.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              In response to an arguement that the Macedonian Government does not have the right to negotiate on our name, Meto Koloski stated:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Macedo...r/message/1923

6 June 2003
              Meto is wrong if he believes the Government has the right to negotiate our Name. But in the Governments defence, They are Negotiating EU entry. Its Greece and only Greece that have made the Name an issue. To a certain extent, The Macedonian Government has the right to Discuss issues in relation to our Republics future. And like every Democraticly elected Governments in the world, They are there to represent the people that elect them. But the Bottom line is, the people make the final descision. Which is why, unlike Kiro Gligorov changing our flag and UN usage name, Gruevski has mentioned a refarendam for the people to decide. It is not a sign of weakness or Bad leadership, But a corect and logical thing to do.
              Last edited by Bill77; 01-08-2010, 01:51 AM.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Blagojche, Nikola Gruevski himself said on Janko's program that he was not elected to change the name of our country and he said no other government has that authority.
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Surley when the Macedonian people and us voted for this gov we knew they will still talk and negotiate our name? I mean they never said they will stop so technicly we have given them the right to do so? Right?

Comment

• Bill77
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                    Surley when the Macedonian people and us voted for this gov we knew they will still talk and negotiate our name? I mean they never said they will stop so technicly we have given them the right to do so? Right?
                    Negotiate is one thing, Making a final descision is another. This Government will not do a Kiro Grigorov. If it was SDSM on the other hand, i would be sweating now.

Comment

• Jankovska
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Negotiate is one thing, Making a final descision is another. This Government will not do a Kiro Grigorov. If it was SDSM on the other hand, i would be sweating now.
                      True but the problem here seems to be the fact that the gov negotiates our name. We knew they will do that so why cry now?#
                      As for our gov not going to change our name, we cant say that. I don't trust them.

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                        True but the problem here seems to be the fact that the gov negotiates our name. We knew they will do that so why cry now?#
                        As for our gov not going to change our name, we cant say that. I don't trust them.
                        The whole negotiation of our name sucks i agree. Its no secret i have respect for Gruevski. But i will never have total trust in any politician. Its just that so far he and Ivanov are doing better than anyone else would in my opinion, considering what they have to put up with.

I also agree with your second point, we knew that the name negotiations would continue with this curent Gov and why do we cry. The next Gov will do the same as long as there is interest in entering EU.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                          The applause did cost the organisers some sponsorship money at the recent macedonian movie showing in Melbourne. That is a NO NO in the corporate world where the leader dis-advantages his/her organisation due to their opinions/beliefs!!!

I think the UMD leaders really aspire to be part of the americam political sphere than being entangled in the struggle for the macedonian cause. They are using the cause as a pre-cursor to their personal ambitions. Its totally unethical!!!
                          Warrior, i reckon you're right on the money...

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

UMD is an organisation that is working for the Macedonian question and trying to unite the Macedonian Diaspora and work for the best of Macedonia. When it comes to Macedonia's own problems in the end the Macedonians of the republic are on their own or the Egejci or everyone. We all very good at kicking up a stink but in the end it's only few of us.
                            I am a member of the UMD and I appreciate everything that they are doing, it is hard work and it is not easy to lead an organisation, you will not be able to please everyone. I do not like the closenes of the UMD with America because I see America as one of our problems and one of the countires that fucked up Macedonia big time. I am against our soliders being in Afganistan and I belive they should be brought back home straight away. We have no business in Afganistan, especially supporting the country who armed the Albanians to start killing us. So I am against that.
                            I agree with the UMD that the only way for Macedonia to join NATO and EU is to negotiate it's name and let's face it, change the name. That is absolutley true in every word. So knowing that why do we still want to join the EU? Why doesn't anyone think of other options? What is wrong with people? So I am against joing EU and NATO. It's all crap.
                            Republica Macedonia Skopje is something that our gov wanted to accept so now I hear it was the UMD. I think this is humiliating and unaccaptable. I am glad Dora saw some sense and refused otherwise I would be a Skopjanka now and trust me I would hate to be a Skopjanka, I am Palancanka.
                            The good thing about the UMD is that they stand strong, they did make the Macedonian cause known, they work hard and they do what they think it's best.
                            Few of us probably don't agree with their policy but they are public and they have told us what they stand for. Start are new org maybe?

Comment

• Rogi
                              • Sep 2008

Purely technically, and legally, the quote is accurate; or at least the part about having the Constitutional 'right' or power. As for having the 'legitimate' right, that's very subjective and I disagree with that. Yes, it may be a 'legitimate' democratically elected Government, but that does not give them any Right to break international law and force upon the Macedonian people a name and identity that they have not determined for themselves.

Macedonia's Constitution allows the Government to negotiate the name of the state.

We all disagree with this and urge that it not be the case, but Constitutionally, the Government has the power to change the name of the state and to negotiate.

They can legally, constitutionally, technically do whatever they want that does not require a referendum, and we're legally powerless to stop them. If this weren't the case, I think every Macedonian organisation would have taken the Macedonian Government to the Macedonian Constitutional Court and forced its' hand out of negotiations.

It's a really flawed constitution. But that's what you get when morons like Frckovski are involved in writing it.
                              Last edited by Rogi; 01-08-2010, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Bratot
                                • Sep 2008

Stop pooping and listen to Jankovska, don't be a fool to trust or to respect a political elite.

Stop making some "vojvoda" of Gruevski because in the best scenario he will end up only as the previous tittled "vojvoda" - Ljubco.

There are many issues that need our attention but I have no desire to interfere in a discussion with ppl that fanatically protect their political messiah.
                                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

Working...
                                X