Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UMDiaspora.org
    • Oct 2009

Your posting is quite inaccurate. UMD's founders met in 2008 and voted in its first temporary Board of Directors to serve out a 3-year term and build the organization and increase membership. Tom Vangelovski was elected to the first Board of Directors but later resigned. The temporary term is up in 2011 and elections will be held on June 25, 2011.
    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
      UMD was always intended to be run as a democratic non-profit organisation, the problem is that it still has not held an election. Granted, there is an initial period where the organisation is still being established and quite frankly, there were barely any members (that is still the case relatively, but there are now plently to hold competitive elections). Being established in 2004 and holding its first elections in 2011 is quite ridiculous in my view and goes beyond any measure of democratic process, accountability or transperancy.
      Well, as an outsider this has always been a problem for me, members can't elect their own board members and CEO. Members have zero benefits unless you like a paper trail - statements and newsletters.

Do you think they use Facebook friends (5,000) as members when they approach other organizations - doctor the numbers? Is there even 1,000 paid members world wide?
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
        Your posting is quite inaccurate. UMD's founders met in 2008 and voted in its first temporary Board of Directors to serve out a 3-year term and build the organization and increase membership. Tom Vangelovski was elected to the first Board of Directors but later resigned. The temporary term is up in 2011 and elections will be held on June 25, 2011.
        Meto, we elected ourselves in as Board of Directors. There were about 6-7 (can't remember exactly now) founding members and we appointed ourselves and Board of Directors. That was not a democratic process in any sense of the word.

I would like to know more about the process that will be undertaken next year. I'm willing to guess that Meto will be unanimously elected as President and the "new" Board of Directors will keep him on as CEO. I'm also willing to guess that a majority of existing Board Members will retain their positions.
        Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-16-2010, 06:00 PM.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
          Well, as an outsider this has always been a problem for me, members can't elect their own board members and CEO. Members have zero benefits unless you like a paper trail - statements and newsletters.

Do you think they use Facebook friends (5,000) as members when they approach other organizations - doctor the numbers? Is there even 1,000 paid members world wide?
          Last count was (begining of this year?) about 300 members worldwide. Information came from a former Board Member who made it public on Maknews. Meto has attempted to claim UMD has 50,000 associates at one stage. I think it is on the UMD thread...where this belongs.

Serdarot,

We usually limit UMD discussions on the UMD thread here:

http://macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2422
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            Meto, we elected ourselves in as Board of Directors. There were about 6-7 (can't remember exactly now) founding members and we appointed ourselves and Board of Directors. That was not a democratic process in any sense of the word.
            Well, in 2004 that is normal; however, almost 7 years later there must be a good reason that UMD refuses to allow every member a chance to vote.

Meto, is on the record stating that the CEO or president doesn't need to live in Washington DC. which to me is yet another lie because if you were to have general elections every 3 years there is a very good chance not one single person from DC. would hold a position on the board.

Many questions with very few answers.
            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-16-2010, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
              • Oct 2009

Odgovor na Serdarot

Originally posted by Serdarot View Post
              I received an email from UMD. They ask for money (again). This time for our baba´s and dedo´s.

>>>Baba and Dedo in Macedonia Need Your Help This Winter!<<<

I would like to get some straight answers here if possible. The questions will be writen on Macedonian, so they can not be misunderstood.

Do pretstavnicite na UMD

Jas sum covek koj se trudi da pomaga i na bezdomnicite tuka vo Germanija, da ne prajme muabet za to dali sum da se pomaga na onie na koi im e potrebna pomosh vo Makedonija.

Sum za toa drzavata i nie samite da obrakjame povekje vnimanie na nashite Babi i Dedovci.

I sum za toa da sme obedineti. Vie go nosite nashiot ideal vo vasheto ime.

Zato ke ve molam da odgovorite na slednive prashanja:

- vo vashite kampanji, kolku od doniranite pari zavrshuvaat kaj onie za koi gi sobirate parite? 100 % ? 50 % ? precizna tochna brojka ve molam
              - sho ke prajte so sobranite pari? ke kupvate alishta?
              - od kade? po koja cena?
              - koj odluchva od kade ke se kupat potrebnite materijali?

ponatamu, neshto shto jas, kako Makedonec i pripadnik na "Dijasporata" koja vie od UMD sakate da ja pretstavuvate, sakam da znam:

- dali "board of directors" na UMD dobiva bilo kakva materijalna nadohnada za svojata "funkcija", odnosno dali zemat pari za svoeto clenstvo vo "bordot na direktori"?
              - ako zemat bilo kakva parichna ili druga materijalna nadohnada, kolku?
              - od koi pari?

Se nadevam na diskusija bez premnogu emocii, obvinuvanja i slichno.

Po-Zdraveni
              Ви Благодариме Сердарот на пораката.

Одговори на твоите прашања -

- 100% од собраните пари идат за наменетата кампања. За ова кампања ОМД ќе даде 2,500 долари од фондот на ОМД.
              - Облеката ќе се купува од Македонија од македонски продавници да се помогне на локална економија. Да точните детали, колку, по која цена најдобро ќе биде да и пратите на Александра Трпковска, кој е координатор на кампањата на [email protected]
              - Координаторот разгледува опции од каде да се купуваат од кој факрики. Ако имате некој предлог ве молиме контактирајте ја г. Трпковска.

Финанцискиот извештај на 2008 можете овде да го видете - http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_...0812_990EZ.pdf

Извештајот на 2009 од владата на Америка треба да биде публициран во јануари 2010.

- Според уставот на ОМД, Бордот на Директори не добива никаква парична сума за нивното членство на Бордот. Сите се волунтери и Бордот е предводен од претседавач Стојан Николов кој секоја година се менува.
              - Изборите за Бордот на Директори ќе бидат во јуни 2011 и според Уставот би требало да има 2 од Америка, 2 од Австралија, 2 од Канада, и 2 од Европа.
              - ОМД има запосленик кој е Методија Колоски, претседател на организацијата од јули 2009, и нема право на глас на Бордот, но присуствува на сите состаноци.

Се надевам ова беше доволно, доколку имате други прашања можете да го контактирате г-динот Николов на [email protected]

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

What about Meto in 2009? Who owns the name UMD?

YouTube - 'Who the Hell You Think You Are?' Nigel Farage throws egg in Eurocrat faces
                Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-16-2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

MK,

If you have any further questions, Meto wants you to contact Stojan Nikolov who will cover his butt with some BS response (if any) and urge you not to make it public. You may even get a secret whisper that they consider themselves the direct ancestors of the ancient Macedonians, but to never reveal that because it would not be "diplomatic" and bad for their "image". If you see him in person, he'll give you a slap on the back and offer you a cigar.
                  Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-16-2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                    • Aug 2010

If I have questions I NEVER contact anyone on the board - waste of my time so I take it to another level and have them deal with it as they see fit. UMD board members are not trustworthy (see bogus user names) and they have picked the wrong people to offend one to many times.

Oh, the UMD groupies have a new name for us (REAL HERO'S) "Macedonians on the Dark Side" MACEDONIAN FILM FESTIVAL 2011? Not sure about anyone else but I'm loving all the attention I get from UMDovski's : )

To me that's worth more then $5,000
                    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-16-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Serdarot
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                      Ви Благодариме Сердарот на пораката.

Одговори на твоите прашања -

- 100% од собраните пари идат за наменетата кампања. За ова кампања ОМД ќе даде 2,500 долари од фондот на ОМД.
                      - Облеката ќе се купува од Македонија од македонски продавници да се помогне на локална економија. Да точните детали, колку, по која цена најдобро ќе биде да и пратите на Александра Трпковска, кој е координатор на кампањата на [email protected]
                      - Координаторот разгледува опции од каде да се купуваат од кој факрики. Ако имате некој предлог ве молиме контактирајте ја г. Трпковска.

Финанцискиот извештај на 2008 можете овде да го видете - http://dynamodata.fdncenter.org/990_...0812_990EZ.pdf

Извештајот на 2009 од владата на Америка треба да биде публициран во јануари 2010.

- Според уставот на ОМД, Бордот на Директори не добива никаква парична сума за нивното членство на Бордот. Сите се волунтери и Бордот е предводен од претседавач Стојан Николов кој секоја година се менува.
                      - Изборите за Бордот на Директори ќе бидат во јуни 2011 и според Уставот би требало да има 2 од Америка, 2 од Австралија, 2 од Канада, и 2 од Европа.
                      - ОМД има запосленик кој е Методија Колоски, претседател на организацијата од јули 2009, и нема право на глас на Бордот, но присуствува на сите состаноци.

Се надевам ова беше доволно, доколку имате други прашања можете да го контактирате г-динот Николов на [email protected]
                      Blago-Daram za odgovorite i za vasheto* vreme

Pozdrav

* vasheto = na UMDiaspora, Vangelovski i site koi se potrudija da mi objasnat nekoi raboti. iskrena blagodarnost, bez nikakvi ironii , sarkazmi i cinizmi
                      Bratot:
                      Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

UMD Australia Press release:
                        UMD Australia Director’s Report for 2010: a year in review

extract:
                        australian research council linkage project:
                        I am pleased to inform that more than 1052 australian macedonians have so far completed the survey of the australian macedonian community and links with macedonia. (75% of responses are in english and 25% in macedonian). The preliminary results are very encouraging as they clearly show that the macedonian community places great importance on inter alia the implementation of the roadmap and the policies of political parties in australia towards macedonia. The community strongly welcomes umd’s involvement in facilitating closer relations between australia and macedonia. The next stage of the project is rigorous analysis of the survey results and preparation of a preliminary report by early 2011. The report will provide a platform for developing evidence based research, advocacy, media and strategic communication articles targeting key stakeholders and networks in australia and in macedonia. The research will help us influence national, parliamentary and public policy debates.
                        I would imagine if the MTO was included on that list, we would have received more votes than the UMD. Naturally that is assuming we can rely on any data in that self fulfilling advertisement ... I mean survey.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

The results of this self-serving survey are not surprising. UMD will now use it to pretend it is a legitimate representative of the Australian Macedonians.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

United Macedonian Diaspora supporters have been challenged...

Click here to read the letter: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/U...id=_0eSisKTU08

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

You NEVER say "Anonymous" when you know who that person is. Many, have tried this tactic the past 100 years and the other money becomes a non factor. It's best to be honest and say Mr. ? will match anything raised by December 31, 2010.

People that really do this NEVER tell you who they are and just donate as a "friend" without ANY strings attached.

IRS is not pleased when they see "Anonymous"

Ask to use their name and try for $100,000 (small money for him)
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-18-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                                • Oct 2009

The donor has asked to stay anonymous.

Comment

Working...
                                X