Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rogi
    • Sep 2008

These are the types of initiatives that I fully support and hope everyone can get behind.

Whilst on this, some time ago I registered the domain helpmacedonia.com with the idea in mind of building a site where Macedonians from around the world could go to the site and buy, or pledge to buy various items (from Macedonia, helping the local economy) to go to the people of Macedonia. For example, computers could be purchased and those pledging the funds would vote that they'd go to school 'XYZ', or medical supplies could be purchased to go to hospital 'ABC', as voted and suggested by the people on the site. With all the proceeds going directly to the purchase of the items and shipping directly to the location selected by those donating the funds / purchasing the items.

I never developed it because it's unlikely an idea that would ever get enough traffic to actually be worthwhile, though I think as a concept it has merit and if it were something supported widely by various organisations, and the Macedonian Government, it mightdo some good. If anyone has the time and capability to build something of that sort, feel free to take the helpmacedonia.com domain (let me know via PM)

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

Join Fellow Macedonians in Shaping the Future

3rd Annual UMD Global Conference
      J.W. Marriott - Washington, D.C. - June 23-25, 2011
      Celebrating Macedonia's Independence - Shaping the Future

Official poster available here: http://umdiaspora.org/images/UMDGC20...cialPoster.pdf

Macedonians and friends of Macedonia will converge on Washington to discuss the progress Macedonia has made in the last twenty years, the current situation, and what needs to be done - Shaping the Future for generations to come!

Your participation will benefit both the global Macedonian community and yourself, and allow you to broaden your own thinking on the key issues of the day.

Program Includes:

Assessing Macedonia’s Progress – 20 Years Later
      Recollection of Memories 1991-2010
      Congressional Advocacy
      Panel on Macedonia’s Judiciary
      Business Expo
      Cultural Festivities, Art Exhibits, and Dancing
      Luncheon with Keynote Speaker
      UMD Board Elections
      Networking and Intimate Gatherings
      Receptions and Closing Gala

Register Now and Save $100!

And, when you return home from the Global Conference, you’ll have new friends and a renewed commitment to making a difference in your community and around the world.

There has never been a more important time to engage the most critical issues of the day. But, we can’t do it alone. We need you to engage too.

We look forward to seeing you in Washington – it would not be the same without you!

Please forward the link of this page to others who you think might be interested or benefit in attending the 3rd Annual UMD Global Conference and Celebration!

Click HERE for more information: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/529/1/
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Its a good initiative, but for the hundreth time, what is UMD doing to end the negotiations, and have our name overturned LEGALLY at the U.N?

In an earlier post, Meto, you mentioned something about sending letters asking the Macedonian leaders to end the talks. Have those letters been sent? Can you post the content of those letters, here.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

Pelister - stay tuned for news about all this after the holidays. UMD is preparing an advocacy campaign.

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Yes, stay tuned indeed Pelister. It will be interesting to see how BatMeto gets out of this one!

YouTube - Batman - Bat Channel
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

richard holbrooke was a great friend of macedonia! He along with Crvenovski, gligorov, Tupurkovski, frckovski and Georgievski were all great macedonians who helped shape macedonia to its wonderfull fate that macedonians are faced with today!

Mr Holbrooke, many thanks for removing our flag, giving us a embarrasing name of FYROM, and turning our people into slaves of shiptar terrorism and intimidation!

Meto, i know holbrooke the great is dead but i still think he deserves the wonderfull goce delcev medal. Its a crime that he didnt recieve it after 2001!

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
                In an earlier post, Meto, you mentioned something about sending letters asking the Macedonian leaders to end the talks. Have those letters been sent? Can you post the content of those letters, here.
                Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                Pelister - stay tuned for news about all this after the holidays. UMD is preparing an advocacy campaign.
                So, nothing was ever sent to Macedonian leaders to end the name talks? Why did you say they were?

Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-16-2010, 06:21 AM.
                http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post

Meto, i know holbrooke the great is dead but i still think he deserves the wonderfull goce delcev medal. Its a crime that he didnt recieve it after 2001!
                  George Soros's vision for Macedonia (open society) mirrors that of the UMD - he gets the award hands down. .. long live US corruption!

Mr. Wiki
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-16-2010, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Serdarot
                    • Feb 2010

UMD taking care of our Baba and Dedo

I received an email from UMD. They ask for money (again). This time for our baba´s and dedo´s.

>>>Baba and Dedo in Macedonia Need Your Help This Winter!<<<

I would like to get some straight answers here if possible. The questions will be writen on Macedonian, so they can not be misunderstood.

Do pretstavnicite na UMD

Jas sum covek koj se trudi da pomaga i na bezdomnicite tuka vo Germanija, da ne prajme muabet za to dali sum da se pomaga na onie na koi im e potrebna pomosh vo Makedonija.

Sum za toa drzavata i nie samite da obrakjame povekje vnimanie na nashite Babi i Dedovci.

I sum za toa da sme obedineti. Vie go nosite nashiot ideal vo vasheto ime.

Zato ke ve molam da odgovorite na slednive prashanja:

- vo vashite kampanji, kolku od doniranite pari zavrshuvaat kaj onie za koi gi sobirate parite? 100 % ? 50 % ? precizna tochna brojka ve molam
                    - sho ke prajte so sobranite pari? ke kupvate alishta?
                    - od kade? po koja cena?
                    - koj odluchva od kade ke se kupat potrebnite materijali?

ponatamu, neshto shto jas, kako Makedonec i pripadnik na "Dijasporata" koja vie od UMD sakate da ja pretstavuvate, sakam da znam:

- dali "board of directors" na UMD dobiva bilo kakva materijalna nadohnada za svojata "funkcija", odnosno dali zemat pari za svoeto clenstvo vo "bordot na direktori"?
                    - ako zemat bilo kakva parichna ili druga materijalna nadohnada, kolku?
                    - od koi pari?

Se nadevam na diskusija bez premnogu emocii, obvinuvanja i slichno.

Po-Zdraveni
                    Bratot:
                    Никој не е вечен, а каузава не е нова само е адаптирана на новите услови и ќе се пренесува и понатаму.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                      • Aug 2010

Several members of the UMD are millionaires and quite frankly I find this type of request very insulting. If they really want to help then forget about begging for $2,000 (joke) and send $50,000 - $100,000 American funds from those persons that can make a difference.

What about the latest $5,000 donation, spent on wages and travel?
                      Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-16-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                        • Oct 2009

Proud to announce the Winter Issue of UMD Voice magazine:

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

- we hope we can count on you for a gift in 2010 (new tie)

yes, you can expect much more from MTO and just think 2011 is almost here

merry christmas
                          Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 12-16-2010, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Serdarot,

I can partially answer one question (and I only do this because I know UMD won't). I am of the understanding that Meto, as CEO of UMD, recieves a salary. Granted, he left his job to work for UMD...or more accurately, whoever it is that is pulling its strings.
                            Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-16-2010, 05:47 PM.
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              Serdarot,

I can partially answer one question. I am of the understanding that Meto, as CEO of UMD, recieves a salary. Granted, he left his job to work for UMD...or more accurately, whoever it is that is pulling its strings.
                              Tom, when you started UMD was it set up like a company and therefore never a need for annual elections? The members have zero say who is selected - board only?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                                Tom, when you started UMD was it set up like a company and therefore never a need for annual elections? The members have zero say who is selected - board only?
                                UMD was always intended to be run as a democratic non-profit organisation, the problem is that it still has not held an election. Granted, there is an initial period where the organisation is still being established and quite frankly, there were barely any members (that is still the case relatively, but there are now plently to hold competitive elections). Being established in 2004 and holding its first elections in 2011 is quite ridiculous in my view and goes beyond any measure of democratic process, accountability or transperancy.
                                Last edited by Vangelovski; 12-16-2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X