X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
    This is why having UMD around is so important: http://ahiworld.org/press_releases/2010_066.html
    Didn't we already point out what was wrong with this letter? Do you think by ignoring our concerns we will actually forget about them?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

Read the October 2010 Macedonian Diaspora Bulletin: http://myemail.constantcontact.com/O...id=zgzwsju-3_g
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Meto,

Are you ignoring our concerns and questions again in the vain hope that everyone will forget and as soon as this thread flicks over to the next page you can pretend nothing was ever raised?
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          Meto,

Are you ignoring our concerns and questions again in the vain hope that everyone will forget and as soon as this thread flicks over to the next page you can pretend nothing was ever raised?
          He has been historically compromised. An aspiring politicians worst nightmare.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
            • Oct 2009

UMD Meets Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper; Presents Goce Delchev Award

See picture and full press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/506/1/

Pictured front row left to right: Marilyn Trentos, Vonna Bitove, and Elizabeth Naumovski
            Pictured back row left to right: Goran Saveski, Jim Daikos, Metodija A. Koloski, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, George Koroloff, Mark Branov, Chris Stanwyck, and George Markou
            Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 11-02-2010, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

This has gone beyond a joke. Here are Macedonians telling UMD they do not agree with its views and asking it to clarify certain matters and Meto's response is to ignore and continue to produce propaganda.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

Please read UMD's Board Resolution from June. That should be clarification enough for you Vangelovski.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Meto,

Does the UMD board resolution state anything about this

Originally Posted by UMDiaspora.org
                  Nobody is promoting the Framework Agreement.

In 1991, Macedonia's Parliament passed its constitution stating "Macedonia has been constituted as a national state of the Macedonian nation in which full civic equality and permanent co-living is secured to the Macedonian people and the Albanians, the Turks, the Vllachs, the Romas and the other nationalities living in the Republic of Macedonia."

Macedonia has always been home to Macedonians, Albanians, etc...and "Albanian" has always been on the Macedonian census. This is not something the Framework Agreement decided.

In addition, Albanians have always had full rights in Macedonia and always had the right to study Albanian in primary, secondary school, etc...

So how does UMD promote the Framework Agreement by stating an obvious that has been in existence since 1991? An obvious, which unfortunately is not the same for Macedonians in Albania.
                  Meto, Albanians did not have a statutory right to tertiary education in Albanian until the Framework Agreement. You specifically stated "University-level educaton" in your press release. This could only have been a reference to the Framework Agreement...unless you have your facts mixed up again?

As for "full civil rights", that's something Albanians enjoy as citizens of the Macedonian state, like any other citizen. Unless of course you were alluding to certain special collective rights that they have obtained through the Framework Agreement to show how tolerant Macedonia is of extremist paramilitary groups, what was your point in making that statement?

You seem to think that as soon as the page clocks over on this thread you have a clean slate.

What does the UMD "resolution" state about the Interm Accord or the Framework Agreement?

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Macedonia is a role model of human rights in the Balkans - UMD hopes that other countries in the Balkans would follow Macedonia's example.

Please do not misunderstand this statement for support of the Framework Agreement. Macedonia has always been a role model since it declared independence in 1903 and in 1991.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Meto,

I made specific reference to your propaganda and asked specific questions.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                        UMD Meets Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper; Presents Goce Delchev Award

See picture and full press release: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/506/1/

Pictured front row left to right: Marilyn Trentos, Vonna Bitove, and Elizabeth Naumovski
                        Pictured back row left to right: Goran Saveski, Jim Daikos, Metodija A. Koloski, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, George Koroloff, Mark Branov, Chris Stanwyck, and George Markou
                        Great Job UMD! It's a pleasure to see such a respected group of people meeting with our Prime Minister. Well done!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

The praise of an apologist.

Respected by whom, the Macedonian Diaspora?
                          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mr Brandy
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            The praise of an apologist.

Respected by whom, the Macedonian Diaspora?
                            SoM - before you shoot your mouth off and question these peoples respectability maybe you should figure out who they are.

I am Canadian-Macedonian and seeing our community meeting with the Prime Minister is a wonderful thing to see. It wasn't always like this for us - the previous Liberal government practically ignored us and sided with the Greeks on everything. When Harper recognized Macedonia the Greeks sent 40 busloads of protesters to Ottawa amongst many other actions.

You can call me whatever you want - I am for Macedonia and its success domestically and around the world in the diaspora.

You should be happy for all Canadian Macedonians that have been effective in connecting with their politicians and discussing our issues with them.
                            Last edited by Mr Brandy; 11-03-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mr brandy View Post
                              you should be happy for all canadian macedonians that have been effective in connecting with their politicians and discussing our issues with them.
                              toronto macedonians can make or break umd or ANY other organization for that matter so it has nothing to do with umd - 5 years old (wake up) and lay off the juice.

money and connections talk NOT the umd
                              Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 11-03-2010, 11:12 AM.
                              http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                                • Oct 2009

Thank you Mr. Brandy! This is quite historic for the Macedonian community in Canada and worldwide.

We hope that we can do the same in Australia, France, UK, U.S. and Germany in the future, among other places.

Comment

Working...
                                X