Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

SOM, Juzhni is what southern in Macedonian? i got no idea how we got from a wild accusation you made against me, totally unprovoked to accuse me about an informator article from ages ago. How does that have to do with me changing the size of my signature?

I got no idea what you mean when you say Juzhni its why i asked you, thats the honest truth.
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Prolet, drop it. You're head is up Nikola's arse, perhaps we should call you 'juzhni', given the predicament.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
        It is being run by the Australian Research Council, it is a major research project (to the tune of ~$1m) into Australia's ethnic communities and the Macedonian community will be one of the 5 studied.

I believe the Macedonian Government has also put some money, albeit nominal, toward this research project.

I also believe that upon hearing that the 'Macedonian' community is one of the communities to be involved in the study, the Greek community (and Gov) withdrew from the project (they were to be one of the other communities).

I think it is a very worthy research project and something that can in future be used, and will likely be used (whether by our community, or by others, depending on the content) in future lobbying efforts.

Let me put it another way - like it or not, the research is going ahead and will perhaps carry some weight when complete, so I think it is therefore important that its' content be right on the mark through involvement of the Macedonian community, rather than us having a completely dismissive and thus non-involved position on this, which could end up biting us all on the arse in the end.
        Rogi,

Noone is questioning whether it will be used. The problem lies in UMD's pretence to be such an important "representative" of the Australian Macedonian community. They're essentially using one man's connections at Victoria University to present themselves as some all-encompasing organisation which in no way represents the community here and they will use it to act as our representative with the Australian Government.
        Last edited by Vangelovski; 09-05-2010, 07:00 PM.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
          • Oct 2009

Thank you to all those who filled out the survey! This survey will tremendously the Australian-Macedonian community. The goal is to obtain 1,000 people to fill out the survey...please pass it on to your contacts.
          Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 09-05-2010, 08:16 PM.
          For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
          http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
          Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
          Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
          Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
            Thank you to all those who filled out the survey! This survey will tremendously the Australian-Macedonian community.
            Meto,

You falling into line with our views rather than forcing your own (read MK Government/US Government) onto us will help us much more.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Anything with the UMD's involvement should be viewed with suspicion after their disgraceful performances.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Mikail
                • Sep 2008

You're right about that SoM!

I take Rogi's point though.

I was given his information yesterday from a relative. I let them know not to put any supporting views toward the UMD if they choose to take part of the survey.

I let them know why UMD can not be trusted!

SO Meto, your thanks means nothing at all!
                From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

Look, at the end of the day, even that questionnaire allows you to voice your views against UMD, if that is your intent.

You could just as easily click on 'Strongly Disagree' beside UMD on Question 17 and the results, when released, will show that.

But I think some of the other points might be worthwhile, purely because the resultant report, will propably matter.
                  Last edited by Rogi; 09-06-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

• XRVOL
                    • Jan 2009

Done. Hopefully something substantial results out of this.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                      • Nov 2009

Completed it
                      Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                        • Nov 2009

I think it will help as Rogi said you can voice you opinion for or against the UMD or any question put forth.
                        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• makedonche
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                          Look, at the end of the day, even that questionnaire allows you to voice your views against UMD, if that is your intent.

You could just as easily click on 'Strongly Disagree' beside UMD on Question 17 and the results, when released, will show that.

But I think some of the other points might be worthwhile, purely because the resultant report, will propably matter.
                          Rogi
                          I don't disagree, however my concern is that UMD are using this as a credibility gaining exercise. Why didn't this survey get conducted by involving all the Macedonian Community groups, or better still through the Association of Australian Macedonian Communities?
                          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• XRVOL
                            • Jan 2009

With all due respect, but not every initiative needs to go through or involve every other Macedonian organisation. Many initiatives have gone ahead without the cooperation or approval of others.

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by XRVOL View Post
                              With all due respect, but not every initiative needs to go through or involve every other Macedonian organisation. Many initiatives have gone ahead without the cooperation or approval of others.
                              XRVOL
                              I take your point, and yes that's quite true, but when we are asked to provide information on a survey by Australian Universities and an NGO, don't you think it relevant to ask who the NGO is? what their role is? how will the information be used? what criteria are in place to ensure Macedonians are surveyed? how they intend to identify ehnic Macedonians from Pan Hellenic(imposter) Macedonians?
                              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                                • Oct 2009

Some news coverage:

Канал 5 телевизија како една од водечките телевизиски куќи во Македонија, од 1998 година на малите екрани до гледање онлајн денес, известува за најновите вести од Македонија, регионот и светот.

For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                                http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                                Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                                Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                                Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X