X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
    I will not be replying to your posts since this forum is a simple anti UMD bashing venue. However I want to make a brief statement for the few neutrals there.

We were not invited to be part of this campaign from the beginning so we cannot just sign up for the petition if we are not involved in the decision making process. This is an MRHMI and AMHRC campaign, they decided to do it themselves and I hope it is a successful one. We fully support the end of the negotiations process and whoever says otherwise is simply lying in order to discredit UMD.

We already called to end the name negotiations process in June this year by issuing a Resolution. Here is a copy of the resolution.
    amitreski,
    your suggestion that this forum is a simple anti UMD bashing venue might almost appear correct now. But you might have forgotten, this place used to be the place that asked simple and legitimate questions of the UMD. The UMD never answered them. Imagine the marketing opportunities if the UMD was more open with its dialogue (assuming honesty and suitability of answers naturally). Within a few short days the MTO gathered well over $5000 for the AMHRC/MHRMI initiative that you have chosen not to support. The UMD is hardly a transparent organisation and surely cannot be still working on its ideology. Be careful with your statements, the UMD is kind of "more internet" less "reality" kind of organisation. It lives by the hype of its online presence. Your organisation keeps posting here for good reason. Many many people read this. Soon you might only have the opportunity to post on Maknews for the 1 participant remaining there.

You were involved with the collaboration with the MPO and that failed miserably. What makes you think your decision making input will ensure success?

I for one am glad you fully support the end of the negotiation process. It took you a very long time to get to that resolution and goes against Meto's recent interview where it is stated the UMD's position has always been against negotiations. We know this is not true and that the UMD will lie and re-create its own history in order to maintain relevance.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mikail
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
      I will not be replying to your posts since this forum is a simple anti UMD bashing venue. However I want to make a brief statement for the few neutrals there.

We were not invited to be part of this campaign from the beginning so we cannot just sign up for the petition if we are not involved in the decision making process. This is an MRHMI and AMHRC campaign, they decided to do it themselves and I hope it is a successful one. We fully support the end of the negotiations process and whoever says otherwise is simply lying in order to discredit UMD.

We already called to end the name negotiations process in June this year by issuing a Resolution. Here is a copy of the resolution.
      I for one thank you for defying UMD policy in clarifying the UMD's position on this.

IT only becomes a UMD bashing when questions are asked of the UMD and they are left totally ignored.

UMD and only UMD is to blame for the public opinion it has on this forum.

And special Credit goes out to, Meto Koloski, for looking up to George Bush Jnr and walking around with his foot in his mouth.
      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Frank
        Banned
        • Mar 2010

It is the fact the UMD do not answer our pressing questions and choose to ignore them that is why there is such a back lash and anger directed.

If you are reading this and want to stick around I will pose those questions again will you do us the courtesy and listen if you even have the authority to speak on behalf of the UMD

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
          AMitreski, I tried to explain this to Maknews but he couldnt understand and it seems like you are no different. There are over 140 organizations that signed up supporting this important initiative, does this mean that they have to be involved in making decisions too?? It just means that you support this initiative nothing more, why is that so hard to understand?

AMitreski, You are being diplomatic in your response but why is it that the UMD never takes responsibility when they need to show support and unity when it comes to backing other organizations?
          UMD are are clever at dividing our communities.

If I was going to take an educated guess I would say that UMD fear that the AMHRC might possibly unite these organisations under a single banner, and give it name. It would be a powerful rallying cry from Macedonians all over the world - and an opportunity to bring them together.

I think actions speak louder than words. What actions has UMD taken to end the negotiations? A.Mitreski can say they are not for the negotiations, and call anyone who disagrees a liar or a 'nationalist', but thats just more UMD bullshit. UMD's own statements, Meto's own words clearly demonstrate support for the negotiations - not the reverse as suggested by Mitreski. I think that here is an opportunity for UMD to take some 'action' but it won't even do that.

The Macedonians have had their fare share of political whores over the last century - there has always been a group of people that toe a Western/colonial line - UMD is no different. It used to be Bulgaria dangling the big carrot with promises, and the Greeks did the same, so did the Serbs. Now its the E.U - different players, same business. The question I am always asking is why can't the E.U accept us the way we are, and why isn't UMD asking that question?
          Last edited by Pelister; 08-29-2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Dejan
            • Sep 2008

This is one of the reasons they do not represent the Macedonian diaspora - they don't listen to what we really want
            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Frank
              Banned
              • Mar 2010

They seems to be Meto I have yet to see a members list of the Board

He travels more often then a major CEO of a Company for shit sake

Macedonians dont need self important individuals like that I still can NOT list any real achievements the UMD have done

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                He travels more often then a major CEO of a Company for shit sake
                I have no problem with that.
                Imagine traveling around the world with a clear message from the Macedonian Diaspora though. I would have developed a logo for "no negotiations" and wore it as a badge all the time. Whenever asked what it meant, I would have explained. In fact, I would have explained irrespective of whether I was asked or not.

... But I am a crazy nationalist (apparently).
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
                  • Sep 2008

Ya... we are all damn nationalists Risto, lets be honest, according to the biased standards everyone who isn't neutral automatically becomes - radical.
                  The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• indigen
                    • May 2009

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
                    In a series of discussions and debates, Macedonians world wide have been brought together uniting themselves behind the human rights organizations AMHRC/MHRMI. This in an effort to demonstrate their committment to a single campaign message "Our name is Macedonia".

The huge work laid out by AMHRC/MHRMI has to date gathered and united 145 Macedonian organizations world wide, and the list is growing by-the-day.

However, as decided by their own choice, UMD is so far the only (to my knowledge) larger organization to officially stay on the sidelines and not unite themselves with the rest of the Macedonian organizations.

There has been a lot of thoughts and discussions as to why they are not uniting.

What is your perception of UMD today and their choice to distance themselves from officially uniting with this campaign and the rest of all Macedonian organizations?

The word is yours, go ahead.....
                    Even though I have always seen UMD as a RAMKOVIST support group that aligns itself with the RAMKOVIST VASSAL ruling circles in RM and their WESTERN PUPPET MASTERS (USA/EU/NATO) and thus in the main ideologically ANTI-MACEDONIAN in nature, as are ALL RAMKOVISTS, their backers and other hangers-on, I see this current attack on them as UNWARRANTED and irrational (not based on sound political logic!).

united 145 Macedonian organizations world wide
                    Firstly, there certainly is NOT 145 REAL organisations in that list!

Secondly, I don't see the WMC/SMK on that list, amongst other significant organisations who run their own agendas and who have consistently called for an end to name negotiations and condemned all treasonous and capitulationist acts and deeds of the VASSAL Macedonian political establishment for the last two decades. Whilst the UMD is not in the same ideological league as SMK, it has its own agendas and, IMHO, there is no need for them to be signed up to this action if they don't want to, for whatever reasons. One can justly criticise their ideological flaws on any number of issues or they can be simply IGNORED AS IRRELEVANT, which is my preference.

Lastly, if one objectively looks for ideological flaws (from a patriotic perspective) in a certain lauded Australian group, they can (or will) find some smelly ("Slav") skeletons in the closet.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

If trying to hang onto our name and identity is considered nationalist, so be it, I dont care that I am labelled that for not wanting to give up what is rightfully mine by blood.
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                        • Aug 2010

Q. How effective can ANY organization be without the full support of their own membership?
                        - What is very concerning to me 99% of UMD members in Diaspora countries support an end to the talks forever. UMD members, do you really know what you're supporting? USA government and NOT the Macedonian diaspora and their wishes.

Feedback from the question above ..

- they can't be effective whatsoever. however, at the next AGM, the membership can vote in a new slate of officers that would be more in tune with the members. I think when the organization was founded, it was done with the best of intentions. We have to keep that in sight.

- I used to be a member of the Canadian Macedonian Human Rights Organization but I haven't gotten involved too much in years. Too many headaches, heartaches and politicking.

- UMD is not the diaspora, the people are the diaspora, needs better organization and bigger envolment
                        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 08-30-2010, 06:14 PM.
                        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Welcome Makedonska_Kafana and you are correct, UMD is not the Diaspora and never will be.
                          Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                            Welcome Makedonska_Kafana and you are correct, UMD is not the Diaspora and never will be.
                            Well there in itself lies the real problem - they still don't get it and maybe NEVER will?

When you state you're against any name change but REFUSE to come out a DEMAND an end to the talks then you're indirectly supporting the entire process. IT'S NOT SCIENCE FOLKS, COMMON SENSE
                            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 08-30-2010, 04:09 PM.
                            http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Welcome MK, I have found many of your observations about the UMD to be clear and wise. All organisations will fail in some way or another. Some in a dramatic way, others in less spectacular ways. The key here is that they should not fall away from a guiding principle like the Macedonian Cause. I would like to read your thoughts in relation to the Macedonian Cause as it is presently defined in this forum.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Mikail
                                • Sep 2008

Welcome Makedonska_Kafana. Well said!
                                From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

Working...
                                X