Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Currency Trader
    • Sep 2009

Not sure who has the right to put up photos on United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) facebook photo section.

But interestingly enough, AMHRC/MHRMI ad has been put up. And they quote the following below the photo:

MHRMI and AMHRC ask every Macedonian organization,
    in the Republic of Macedonia and abroad, to join our call for Macedonia
    to immediately cease name negotiations

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =545815342

Did UMD put up the ad?

-

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
      In a series of discussions and debates, Macedonians world wide have been brought together uniting themselves behind the human rights organizations AMHRC/MHRMI. This in an effort to demonstrate their committment to a single campaign message "Our name is Macedonia".

The huge work laid out by AMHRC/MHRMI has to date gathered and united 145 Macedonian organizations world wide, and the list is growing by-the-day.

However, as decided by their own choice, UMD is so far the only (to my knowledge) larger organization to officially stay on the sidelines and not unite themselves with the rest of the Macedonian organizations.

There has been a lot of thoughts and discussions as to why they are not uniting.

What is your perception of UMD today and their choice to distance themselves from officially uniting with this campaign and the rest of all Macedonian organizations?

The word is yours, go ahead.....

UMD has many reasons not to join this effort started by the AMHRC and MHRMI. But we'll let the UMD answer as to why they will not sign on to this program.
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Not sure who has the right to put up photos on United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) facebook photo section.

But interestingly enough, AMHRC/MHRMI ad has been put up. And they quote the following below the photo:

MHRMI and AMHRC ask every Macedonian organization,
        in the Republic of Macedonia and abroad, to join our call for Macedonia
        to immediately cease name negotiations

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =545815342

Did UMD put up the ad?

-
        I clicked your link and got this,

"This content is currently unavailable"

Looks like it has been removed. Possibly someone with greater authority in UMD org got upset and ordered the admin of the site to remove it.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Frank
          Banned
          • Mar 2010

The UMD if they did pupically say what Meto said would have angled it differently I have no doubt in the World about that, they are not on the same page at all.

The UMD President is extending the truth dont beleive this stunt

A Video or Audio transcript is the only thig that can prove other wise I would gladly appoligise too if I can see it

Comment

• Currency Trader
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
            UMD has many reasons not to join this effort started by the AMHRC and MHRMI. But we'll let the UMD answer as to why they will not sign on to this program.
            Would you care to share some of those reasons not to join or unite with the 140+ organizations?

What possible strategy would justify such position?

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Would you care to share some of those reasons not to join or unite with the 140+ organizations?

What possible strategy would justify such position?
              CT
              Self preservation and promotion!
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                • Oct 2009

UMD President interview for Spic Magazine: http://umdiaspora.org/images/UMDPres...ewwithSpic.pdf
                For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I like the photo on the top right.

I also like the paragraph about the UMD position having always been to cease negotiations.

I like things that make me laugh.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

Yes, Meto is photogenic. I'll give him that.
                    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

I also like the paragraph about the UMD position having always been to cease negotiations.
                      So would this mean that Meto is a immigrant just like us?
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                        • Oct 2009

Bing Features Debar Lake on Front Page

Check it out: http://www.bing.com/

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                          • Oct 2009

The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) joins millions of people around the world today to commemorate the 100th year anniversary of Mother Teresa’s birth.

Mother Teresa was born in Skopje, Macedonia on August 26, 1910 as Agnes Bojaxhiu Gonxha.

Read full press release at http://www.umdiaspora.org
                          Last edited by UMDiaspora.org; 08-25-2010, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Bratot
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                            I like the photo on the top right.

I like things that make me laugh.
                            Have you got an impression how UMD is incarnation of Meto or vice versa (?) , a face for every occassion:

UMD is Sad - Meto is Sad, UMD is Content - Meto is Contented, UMD is Angry - Meto's didn't charged his BB phone.

Anyway... let him drive his ego trip on this thread, since he is here to "announce" and not to discuss, very negative PR actually, since such cowardness doesn't constitute a leader characteristics. I think we have the answer why UMD is incapable of representing the Macedonian interests.
                            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• fyrOM
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

It just doesn’t add up.

Milenko of the Mileko Show curses anyone who changes Macedonia’s name to he and his family to die.

Gruevski has been on the Milenko Show numerous times and repeatedly discussed the name issue amongst other things and always behaves somewhat more than friendly almost truly chummy with a glare of I know you know to each other before a question is asked like the question answer is a rehearsed piece of drama for the audience but to them something well pasted the point. Watch a few Milenko shows and watch before they start at all and before what would be called a most important question. You got a lotta explaining to do Lucy.

At other forums Gruevski is obviously less comfortable and definitely has his game face on but not like its Gruevski against the world. Its like he knows he has a solid wall behind his back while fending off with his shoes a couple of chihuahuas a poodle and an old lame dog with one tooth left. Something to attend to but hardly difficult but more bothersome and repetitive. What’s going on Grue.

The UMD Buktop and others don’t subscribe to the main consensus of end the name game while maintaining they are not for a change of name under any circumstances. Political double speak like this from the UMD only encourages some in the diaspora to bark loader. But which diaspoa. The one which every cliché generalisation says lives clueless in the biggest village tucked away somewhere at the bottom of the world. Heard the one about mushrooms…

While all this is going on there is a distinct air of confidence from all sides kind of like I love the smell of napalm in the morning its just a matter of time. The responses from the UMD and their supporters always allude to a hidden grand master plan and it’ll be all right dear now grownups are talking.

Major investments and improvements keep happening eg
                              the new school planned for Skopje with input from the 10 best universities colleges from the usa

early next year begin building a shopping center "G-mall The investment is valued at 80 million euros ect.
                              ie confidence while others fume white knuckled at their keyboards fearful of the end of Macedoniaism as we know it.

Merkel still sees the Balkans integrating.

Greece is seeing huge social unrest and is only expected to grow while the government and eu keep say its all ok to a dilemma which started 20 years ago coincidently about the time RoM left Yugoslavia. The pilfering that has been going on in those 20 years runs into the multi Billions well enough to bribe a swag of people.

Sometimes you gotta have face people…money just isn’t enough.
                              Gruevski commissions many archaeological digs…oh look what we found Macedonia.

Greek PM says 2014 is a possible good time for Macedonia to join the eu.

What do you get if you mix all the above ingredients in your conspiracy theory mixer 2000.

For a long time I have harbouring a theory that a deal has already been done to recognise Macedonia after the obligatory 100 period more out of symbolism than total design ie if the Ruskis stayed red and RoM stayed screwed under Yugoslavia it would be later on but always the plan. Just to kick it a bit I like to think my letter to Obama had a lot to do with it.hahaha

But realistically a stable RoM is better for the eu and usa especially now that we are in bed with them and any threat to their precious Suez canal is gone dropkick Greece cant keep the terrorists out so what else is there to do if number one child turns out a bit of a dud but to turn to number two child getting gold stars in police enforcement and military success as a nato attack dog in the middle east where their forefathers were the last people on earth to conquer there. Even with recognised RoM Greece gets to hang on to Egej for a while as there are many Greeks living there and residency holds sway while laws are made to cater for the now to be Greek minority in Macedonia or do they want to remain part of Greece in any event the Macedonian identity is retained and RoM is free.

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

Left out a sentence..
                                And everybody gets to love each other in the eu.

Comment

Working...
                                X