X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill77
    • Oct 2009

CT

I think it has alot to do with pride. UMD claim to be the Leading Macedonian organization and because they did not initiate this campaign, following it would make them somehow feel like an Indian rather than a chief. We are all indians and only serve Our Macedonia.

UMD can play a major part in this and still claim credit if thats what they want. They would win many friends instead of loosing those they do have currently.

Come on Meto, Majka Makedonia te bara.
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

There's no point now Bill, not only have they shown themselves completely unsupportive of this initiative, but they have behaved like a pack of immature and irresponsible fools who are more interested in talking about their itineraries around Turkey than the will of the Macedonian Diaspora, the group they go around trying to represent while on foreign-sponsored trips.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Brat, its never to late, although Meto missed a perfect opertunity to push for what every Macedonian wants during his recent trip.

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          UMD is a brand that needs promotion and a carefully crafted strategy that differentiates it from the other 'products' on the Human Rights 'shelf'...to achieve this goal, UMD operates in a totally different World than the traditional movements that we're familiar with.

UMD would never fall in line behind another organization or acknowledge another groups initiative because that takes the limelight away from them

The strategy most popular with UMD is the glitz and glam approach, the cocktail party, the gala performances, the awards and the 'vip' guest list...this is all a carefully manipulated smoke and mirrors technique to promote a sense of 'credibility' and 'influence', its designed to fool the impressionable. Take that away and you're left with very little substance and absolutely negligable examples of 'achievement' or even a policy that is either reflective of the Macedonian diaspora or aligned with it.

To this day the 'achievements' of UMD are still unknown, whereas the other human rights groups continue to chalk up results and initiate campaigns that are focused on the concerns of Macedonians.

UMD cant stand shoulder to shoulder with any other Macedonian group because they lack the qualifications to do so and of more concern is that their initiatives are designed to promote the ambitions of some on their board and their financial backers, not the concerns of the diaspora or any other Macedonian.
          That is one of the best assessments of them that I have read so far, although it concerns me that its leadership are in talks with various officials and leaders of the world. I have always been concerned that when Meto is talking to leaders he makes false representations about just who the UMD are, who they represent, their size and scale and that he misrepresents just how Macedonians really feel about the negotiations...etc.

Comment

• Pelister
            • Sep 2008

Ozimak,

Our identity is on the negotiating table ! The question of our political existence / termination may actually come down to a simple vote if our enemies get their way. That is where the 'negotiations' are driving.

There is absolutely nothing you could say to sweeten the impression of E.U membership, certainly nothing that UMD could conjure that could even remotely offset the fact that our political existence hangs in the balance. And for what? E.U money ! Is that what this is about? E.U money and a few careerists and opportunists gaining personal resume off our misfortunte. Its always the political whores that know how to worm their way into the big decision makers arses - as for the rest of us, we get fked over every time.

Comment

• Bratot
              • Sep 2008

The biggest achievment of UMD is their email campaign via Blackberry, yup , those guys aren't someone you would like to mess with, they will spam your inbox forever.

Kis4e, po3drav4e, sup3r sT6***
              The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                The biggest achievment of UMD is their email campaign via Blackberry, yup , those guys aren't someone you would like to mess with, they will spam your inbox forever.

Kis4e, po3drav4e, sup3r sT6***
                Now that is funny
                True but funny.

Comment

• makedonche
                  • Oct 2008

Just to make things more interesting, the Oxford Dictionary's definition of [B]UNITED[B] "....…joined together politically, for a common purpose, or by common feelings…"

Could somebody on the forum help me to apply this definition to UMD's absence from the campaign? I'm having difficulty reconciling the two!
                  On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                    Brat, its never to late, although Meto missed a perfect opertunity to push for what every Macedonian wants during his recent trip.
                    I think its too late Bill and it just might be the final black mark against the hapless UMD.
                    This latest fiasco will pretty much render UMD irrelevant as it highlights the twisted priorities of the UMD, where personal ambitions and egos are above the interests of the Macedonian people...

Comment

• fyrOM
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

I get the feeling the government are playing a sharp edge game of Russian roulette. Earlier on things seemed less intense and I was more inclined to tolerate the government but with election looming and that idiot Crvenkovski waiting in the wings its not that I trust the government less its I don’t trust the ballot box in 2nd rate countries like Macedonia where 90 percent could vote one way and the ballot box say 90 percent voted the other way. Any power wanting to rig the vote only needs an idiot like Crvenkovski waiting to get the go-ahead to do his dirty deeds. That’s what’s wrong with continuing with the negotiations because if they are ended and the new government want to start something they need to initiate a start which hopefully gives people enough time to voice their opinions and the world can see the vast majority are against it before any referendum can be held. You cant play smart with some power who has multitudes more cards than you other than keeping everything open and video taped. It’s the only proof you’ve got to show the world if it counts for anything.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                        • Nov 2009

The UMD have chosen to go against the wishes of the Macedonian people on the name issue and support a name change.
                        The name of the Organisation is the United Macedonian Diaspora but they are failing to show any unity what so ever.

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

The UMD would have shown credibility in being represntative of the diaspora if they were to align themselves with these organisations, a common goal, for the Macedonian cause. I was very disappointed with some of the dialogue from the UMD, and until I was able to see for myself, and hear for myself, went in with an open mind.
                          The AMHRC and MHRMI I am certain would have appreciated the support from the UMD and I still cant help but feel somehat surprised and very disappointed they have chosen to distance themselves from the campaign. They would have achieved supporters if they were able to do this. Unfortunately , the UMD are representative of the citizens in RoM, not the diaspora.
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mikail
                            • Sep 2008

The UMD lost credibility long ago. I don't believe there is anything the hapless Meto can do to turn that around. He has his support in the USA and that is all he cares about.

The UMD are the new kids on the block and are not worthy of being mentioned anymore.

Can Meto name 1 achievement the UMD has made. Forget the circus events you hold Meto. Give us 1 achievement of substance.
                            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Currency Trader
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              CT,

Are you only now discovering that UMD has a different vision for Macedonia? Many of us went through this process years ago.
                              The main point that I've been thinking about is the rationale and logic for deciding to stay-out of the unification behind this human rights campaign. This puzzles me when considering all known facts. Granted that there may have been some unfinished business between UMD and AMHRC/MHRMI, but that should not prevent the official support for an important event such as the campaign.

Its ok to make a wrong decision, but its not ok to stay on the wrong path. As of now, in my opinion, they are staying on the wrong path by distancing themselves from the rest.

-

Comment

• Currency Trader
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                                CT

I think it has alot to do with pride. UMD claim to be the Leading Macedonian organization and because they did not initiate this campaign, following it would make them somehow feel like an Indian rather than a chief. We are all indians and only serve Our Macedonia.

UMD can play a major part in this and still claim credit if thats what they want. They would win many friends instead of loosing those they do have currently.

Come on Meto, Majka Makedonia te bara.

If that's the rationale, I'd say its unfortunate and strategicaly wrong for the whole organization and its members. This kind of thinking does not belong in a mature professional organization. But I'd like to hear UMD's thinking on this matter.

-

Comment

Working...
                                X