• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

The journalist at the press conference asked "dali OMD ja poddrzhuva kampanjata na del od iselenicite?" She never stated MHRMI or AMHRC in her question. Plain and simple response followed.

There is no insult directed to MHRMI/AMHRC. UMD has worked with MHRMI and AMHRC in the past, and we respect the efforts of these two organizations. Don't create drama over nothing.
    Ok, I understand now. The journalist asked if you supported (poddrzhuva) a campaign that strives to end the discussions in favour of Macedonia's historical name, and you replied by saying you don't have anything to do with the said campaign run by those 'iselenici'. That indicates that you don't favour a cessation of name talks, does it not?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

No, it just says that UMD is not part of the MHRMI/AMHRC campaign. Sorry.

UMD does not support the name negotiations, and has publically called for an end of these name negotiations and for a revising of Resolution 817 whereby Macedonia is referred to as Republic of Macedonia at the UN. Please read UMD Resolution dated June 6th following our conference. This message was reiterated at the Monday, August 16 press conference by UMD and TCA in Skopje.
      For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

for a revising of Resolution 817 whereby Macedonia is referred to as Republic of Macedonia at the UN.
        Still pleading with outsiders for the right to our name...UMD just doesn't get it.

Macedonians alone will determine their state name and we need no other moral or legal authority.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

UMD does not support the name negotiations, and has publically called for an end of these name negotiations and for a revising of Resolution 817 whereby Macedonia is referred to as Republic of Macedonia at the UN. Please read UMD Resolution dated June 6th following our conference. This message was reiterated at the Monday, August 16 press conference by UMD and TCA in Skopje.

I have a question for UMD.

What was the reason that postponed this opinion of yours courageously stated just recently, why you had not stood at this position earlier?

We have plenty of your public messages how you welcome a 'name settlement' with a modification of our name and you openly supported even it's variant.

There is a lot of immaturity in your PR during your existance and many contradiction followed with, that's why we have the right to doubt in you and your purpose.

I will say that the reason why you feel "patriotic" easiness now, it's after your mentors have whispered some information to you that our Government has already agreed and gave promises to USA to have the name changed soon.
          You did your work in the agitations for the name change and now since the final "dirty job" is on somebody else's back (read Government of VMRO) you will use this opportunity to repair your negative image caused by your previous statements and now will play some true patriot role with the hope the ignorant folks to remember only your 'latest' positions.

You already know the epilogue of these 'name negotiations' and trying to safe your face.

Nicely planned strategy in coordination with the SDSM to attack the "phoney" patriots VMRO for the name change and presenting yourself as "true" patriots who fought for the name, of course, resulting with political elections after this name change occure and a "new" Government to come.

Finally your sponsors will be back on rule and more money into your "patriotic" budget for the job you done for them.

You simply couldn't not benefit from such occurance, right Meto?
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Currency Trader
            • Sep 2009

While Macedonians Unite - United Macedonian Diaspora Stays Out

In a series of discussions and debates, Macedonians world wide have been brought together uniting themselves behind the human rights organizations AMHRC/MHRMI. This in an effort to demonstrate their committment to a single campaign message "Our name is Macedonia".

The huge work laid out by AMHRC/MHRMI has to date gathered and united 145 Macedonian organizations world wide, and the list is growing by-the-day.

However, as decided by their own choice, UMD is so far the only (to my knowledge) larger organization to officially stay on the sidelines and not unite themselves with the rest of the Macedonian organizations.

There has been a lot of thoughts and discussions as to why they are not uniting.

What is your perception of UMD today and their choice to distance themselves from officially uniting with this campaign and the rest of all Macedonian organizations?

The word is yours, go ahead.....

Last edited by Currency Trader; 08-24-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Frank
              Banned
              • Mar 2010

Can anyone post a news link about this claim of 145 Orgs and the UMD staying out

Comment

• Currency Trader
                • Sep 2009

Here:

Scroll down.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

If the UMetoD initiated this, he would have been downright bitchy about other organisations not joining them. Aside from a questionable relationship with some Turkish organisation, I have not given much thought to them since they recently changed their mind and declared an end to negotiations. They really have not followed that change in mindset into positive action in my opinion.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

CT,

Are you only now discovering that UMD has a different vision for Macedonia? Many of us went through this process years ago.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Dejan
                      • Sep 2008

I am not for or against UMD, but if they don't line up with what the majority of the diaspora wants, they could find themselves obsolete.
                      You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski
                        CT,

Are you only now discovering that UMD has a different vision for Macedonia? Many of us went through this process years ago.
                        I think he is Vangelovski, but in his defence, I too was very much like him in the early stages where I wanted to give the UMD every possible benefit of doubt. You have had a much more vivid picture of what they're really about and at a much earlier stage than most of us. The main thing is, CT can now see what we see.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          I think he is Vangelovski, but in his defence, I too was very much like him in the early stages where I wanted to give the UMD every possible benefit of doubt. You have had a much more vivid picture of what they're really about and at a much earlier stage than most of us. The main thing is, CT can now see what we see.
                          My apologies CT, I was harsh.

UMD are basically modern day janicari, who subscribe to an ideology of servitude.

Comment

• Pelister
                            • Sep 2008

Tom is right.

UMD has its own agenda.

Remember a few years ago there were many Macedonians that refused to call themselves 'Macedonians', and insisted that they call themselves by the name 'Yugoslavs' There has always been a group of political whores in the Macedonian demographic too ready and too willing to attach themselves to another organisation, or another State, or as the case happens to be with UMD - a foriegn Club.

Comment

• fyrOM
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010

You guys seem to be very action orientated get it done minded sort of people and hence with this mindset you see the impass in the name negotiations and realise either RoM backs down and changes her name to enter the EU or she doesn’t.

The former is unthinkable and born out by many posts outlining the disaster it would be for Macedonians world wide and some have noted it would be a very very brave and very very foolish leader who did this as it is not that strange to think that some crazed person in RoM might pick off the leader with 99 percent of the nation cheering on.

As to the latter many have noted the lack of pressure being put on Greece the breach of eu and un laws by themselves and the absolute injustice that it is as no other country has ever done this even if we accept the idea Greece has a province of the same name which they don’t there are multiple examples where regions provinces or states of the same name exist in one country while a total different country uses the same name as a country name. So why do we need to change the name.

Some have suggested to tell the eu to give RoM a call when they are prepared to accept her under her own name and until then RoM should go it alone as the economy is ticking over with trading partner in and out of the eu. Many have called out enough is enough and others ie the organisations took up this call and turned it into a reality with the current advertising campaign.

And here we are at the present where people see it more black and white and still asking why do we have negotiations supposedly still in play while the President and Prime Minister both saying they will not change the name. I have my own theories on this but not in a public forum but basically a lack of trust exist between the government and the people most notably and loudest the diaspoa. The add campaign can only be viewed as an attempt to forcibly precipitate and end to the impasse by the government formally announcing its end and hence make the position clear. There cannot be any true Macedonian who would advocate for a name change and any who sincerely do are nothing more than traitors. There are no ifs or buts on this point. Many have noted that not all Macedonians have joined in the united cry for an end to the negotiations and have begun to infer that there must be something untoward with these Macedonians. Is there.

I have pointed out in the past that a number of infrastructure project have been done or are planned to be done as part of the eus desire to have appropriate transport routs throughout the eu territories including Macedonia as she links the southern Balkans with the rest of Europe. Macedonia needs infrastructure and these projects are a benefit for her as are the multitude of reforms undertaken by Macedonia and the subsidies from the eu which have allowed the modernisation of the agriculture sector in RoM. There are benefits but rightfully many have said NOT at any cost and the government have said as much on numerous occasions which brings us back to the central question why do we still have negotiations supposedly going on and the mistrust between the government and the people. One could think it is an attempt to ware down those nations still holding out on recognising RoM by her rightful name at which time Greece’s objections will become mute. There have been some positive signs shown by the eu with suggestions that they may change their laws to prevent nations vetoing prospective members solely on the basis of some bilateral issue as they foresee further such problems with future prospective members as the eu expands further. It is not impossible that this is roughly how it will payout and these calls to end the negotiations are seen by some as too early and out of unimaginative fearful minds as can be fathomed from the posts of Vardarec and others in his vein and by inference the Macedonian government. This is not to say that the current campaign is useless as it serves the government a convenient counter to the Greek and eu claims that there is supposedly little opposition to a change on the Macedonian side. All I will add is there are some things the government can do and be seen to be doing while other things are best left to NGOs.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

No, you're wrong, you do not mention the AMHRC or MHMRI by name. Furthermore, you clearly state that you do not support the initiative that is supported by dozens of other Macedonian groups, which calls for an end to the name 'game'. Why not? Afraid someone else might steal your shine? Don't stress yourself about it, you have no shine, and in the near future you will have nothing but a sorry shell of another has-been. Enjoy this little period of relative 'free' reign and manipulation of Macedonians in Macedonia and the Diaspora, it will come to an end soon.

You have been operating as an organisation for how many years now, and you just decided to call a "resolution" about no name-change? Teshko tebe za pamet, za nikade ste, a self-glorified one-man show who refers to himself in the third person when writing "announcements", what the hell is the UMD if not another selfish and arrogant fool who has focused great energy on seeing how far his head fits up an American ass?

When is your next Australia visit planned, you know, to ride off that great "success" you had the first time around?

Comment

Working...
                                X