X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
    I am very flattered that you would think of me and expect me to comment on this issue, but as you may have noticed in previous weeks I have refrained from commenting or participating in debate on speculative assertions pertaining to AMHRC/MHRMI or UMD.

Sorry to disappoint, but I no longer have the will to engage this sort of debate.
    For a minute there I thought the bat-phone was out of service...

good to see you're not far from the action Buktop, God knows where the conversation would lead to if it were not tempered by the views of an American arse kisser...

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
      • Oct 2009

Congressional Delegation Completes Visit to Macedonia

For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
      http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
      Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
      Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
      Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

To tell you the truth, I don't believe you can call what we are doing "negotiations". Talking isn't really detrimental when you consider the current administration knows they will be assassinated if they go through with any sort of name change. That's what I call "checks and balances"

Unfortunately that isnt the case Buktop

You see Kiro Gligorov,Branko Crvenkovski,Denko Maleski,Ljubomir Danilov Frckovski all changed our flag,name and constitution did anybody do anything to them? This is a very serious issue, we know there is a political war going on but at the end of the day the biggest loosers out of it all will be the people of our country.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

So what did your buddies learn about Macedonia that they didn't already know?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by slovenec zrinski View Post
            Taken from maknews...I guess this is the Macedonian original version, so he apparently used the word emigrant and not immigrant, Bij. And yes emigrant, for some reason, sounds a bit better to my ears. (And now I am just waiting for my own personal forum-groupie to tell me to stay the hell out of internal Macedonian matters;o))
            I won't be that groupie zrinski but I will repost Bratot's post response to Bij here;

Immigrant = doselenik

Emigrant = iselenik

What was your point about?

Immigrant is a person who migrates to another country, usually for permanent residence.

Emigrant is a person who emigrates, as from his or her native country or region.
            I do not think that many of the members of the AMHRC and MHRMI are either these classifications. The other point here is Meto or the UMD has not even used the names of the actual organizations (AMHRC & MHRMI). It may sound a bit better to your ears but it's still nothing more than an insult.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• slovenec zrinski
              • Sep 2008

Without going too much into it I can only say that I think Meto has to be very careful with what words he uses and sometimes he does seem to be too careless with wordings. And you are right..he could have bothered to use the name of the organisations behind this very, very good initiative.

To me izseljenec doesn´t sound strange at all but that might be because I am used to that expression. The main organisation (in Slovenia) for slovenes, and their offspring, living abroad is called Slovenska Izseljenska Matica so the term is very natural to me.
              And with the above I will retire from this thread

Have to ad that the groupie-remark wasn´t intended for you TM

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                Why would you be against the majority of Macedonians that want this bullshit charade to end?

Why is defending Meto more important than our history and future?

Don't you have a mind of your own rather than waiting for Meto to announce the negotiations should end and jump on board with the Main stream views?

We have ethnic Serbs living in ROM calling for halt to the negotiations and we should never negotiate our name. How can they be more patriotic than Meto and yourself?
                Once again, none of your above questioning is relevant and has nothing to do with anything I have posted in this thread.

I said I respect different opinions, even though I may disagree with them, but I always use factual evidence when I create an opinion. I don't just choose a side by flipping a coin.

And once again, we come to the "Who is more patriotic?" question, which definitely gives me the hint that I should discontinue this conversation.
                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Buktop
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                  I expected as much, so much for your signature:
                  Would you like me to remove that part from my sig?

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                    Unfortunately that isnt the case Buktop

You see Kiro Gligorov,Branko Crvenkovski,Denko Maleski,Ljubomir Danilov Frckovski all changed our flag,name and constitution did anybody do anything to them? This is a very serious issue, we know there is a political war going on but at the end of the day the biggest loosers out of it all will be the people of our country.
                    Prolet I do not recall, how many attemps or plots have there been on Grujo's life? There was an article posted about it last year if I remember correctly...

The fact is, this debate has become so heated between us and Greece that I wouldn't expect anything less than an assassination.

Comment

• Bill77
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                      I do not think that many of the members of the AMHRC and MHRMI are either these classifications. The other point here is Meto or the UMD has not even used the names of the actual organizations (AMHRC & MHRMI). It may sound a bit better to your ears but it's still nothing more than an insult.
                      A good point TM.

Another thing. I am not sure how this word "Immigrant" is perceived in the US or Europe. Yes there is a harmless meaning to this word which is "a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence" (which by the way, many of us don't fall under this category)

But many English words get taken out and used loosely in a derogatory manner. Here in Australia, our Fathers and Grand fathers (when first arriving) use to be labeled "WOGS" until it became political in correct, then "Immigrant" or "Bloody Immigrant" was the substitute that was used for racial attacks and all of a sudden, this word Immigrant had a different meaning.

The US use "Alien" which in my eyes is terrible.

Now the question is, what was Meto's intent behind using this word which only he could answer. But first i would like to ask him, would he change his org to "United Macedonian Immigrants" (UMI) or "United Macedonian Aliens" (UMI)
                      Last edited by Bill77; 08-19-2010, 05:52 PM.
                      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Would you like me to remove that part from my sig?
                        That is a decision for you to make.

Personally, if I had a signature that contradicted my views I wouldn't have it up at all. For example, my signature:

In the name of the blood and the sun - relating to our flag
                        The dagger and the gun - relating to the VMRO symbol
                        Christ protect this soldier - relating to my religion and personal efforts for the Macedonian cause, and not in a militant way, but in a focus-driven way
                        A full blooded Macedonian - relating to the fact that both of parents are Macedonian (I may change this part one day to not be as exclusive).

That is in case you were preparing to comment on my signature. Let me know if you see any contradictions in mine like I see in yours.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Buktop
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          That is a decision for you to make.

Personally, if I had a signature that contradicted my views I wouldn't have it up at all. For example, my signature:

In the name of the blood and the sun - relating to our flag
                          The dagger and the gun - relating to the VMRO symbol
                          Christ protect this soldier - relating to my religion and personal efforts for the Macedonian cause, and not in a militant way, but in a focus-driven way
                          A full blooded Macedonian - relating to the fact that both of parents are Macedonian (I may change this part one day to not be as exclusive).

That is in case you were preparing to comment on my signature. Let me know if you see any contradictions in mine like I see in yours.
                          I had no intention of commenting on your sig, and up until recently I did indeed answer any question asked of me, but I have changed my outlook on the issue, and as I stated in my previous post, I am no longer interested in this issue.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                            • Oct 2009

That Macedonians do not want their name changed and a whole lot.

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                              • Oct 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The journalist at the press conference asked "dali OMD ja poddrzhuva kampanjata na del od iselenicite?" She never stated MHRMI or AMHRC in her question. Plain and simple response followed.

There is no insult directed to MHRMI/AMHRC. UMD has worked with MHRMI and AMHRC in the past, and we respect the efforts of these two organizations. Don't create drama over nothing.

Comment

• Currency Trader
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                                Ladies and Gentlemen:

The journalist at the press conference asked "dali OMD ja poddrzhuva kampanjata na del od iselenicite?" She never stated MHRMI or AMHRC in her question. Plain and simple response followed.

There is no insult directed to MHRMI/AMHRC. UMD has worked with MHRMI and AMHRC in the past, and we respect the efforts of these two organizations. Don't create drama over nothing.
                                UMD,

How many campaigns with the theme "Our name is Macedonia" is currently running in Macedonia do you think?

With all due respect, your story makes it look like you are putting the blame on the journalist for using the word "iselenicite", but knowing perfectly well who she meant.

And yet, you choose on purpose to refer to "iselenicite" and not "Macedonian rights activists", or "human rights activists", or with respect MHRMI/AMHRC.

Its not about creating drama as you suggest. On the contrary, its about using respectful words, statements and most of all, the right names.

Last edited by Currency Trader; 08-20-2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X