Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackcactus
    • Sep 2008

Yeah that doesn't look so good, it's obvious that the use of the term 'immigrants' was to avoid the use of the word 'diaspora'

I'm disappointed by this approach, it could show a lack of true support for the initiative, or an unhappiness in seeing other Macedonian diaspora organizations take the media spot light

Either way it's disappointing and worrying
    The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

“Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark” - Monty Python

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

He used "immigrants" because he was trying to suck up to those negative Macedonians in the republic who consider the Diaspora Macedonians as 'less' Macedonian, like we have no right to a say where it concerns our identity. It was a shallow and pathetic move. It also sounds like the same garbage comments that were made by some idiots from the republic when the AMHRC/MHMRI initiated their campaign.

The irony in all of this? Meto Koloski is also a diaspora Macedonian, or "immigrant" as he likes to call it now. Perhaps he should change the name of his organisation to United Macedonian Immigrants.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

It very much looks like it SoM. Someone in Metos position should be well aware the emotive side of words and how better to phrase his comments. Same old same old Macos against each other. Hopefully the Diaspora world wide will take note.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Meto is already aware of the effect of his words, he should have learned his lessons regarding correct terminology years ago when he suggested that Macedonia add a 'democratic' prefix to her name in the international arena. This was a deliberate statement, no doubt about it. I have never seen the AMHRC bad-mouth the UMD in any official capacity, credit to their professionalism, an attribute the UMD knows nothing about.

The UMD are Washington's 'Trojan Horse' in the Macedonian community.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Sramota, vakvi infantilni komentari i ego tripovi ne smee da se dozvolat pomegju pretstavnicite na makedonskite organizacii.

I see a lot of despise in those words.
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

shameful. How can anyone show a lack of integrity and professionalism toward such hardworking organisations like the AMHRC and MHRMI ?
              and agreed with the comments here, :immigrants: being the diaspora who are fighting for the basic human rights for our Macedonian blood, it does nothing but discredit these wonderful organisations who have no ego and work without payment on a voluntary basis.
              Its interesting how this delegation from the US has been sponsored by Turkey who contribute to the UMD travelling fund.
              Way to go, not very endearing to ANYONE in the diaspora UMD
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                It very much looks like it SoM. Someone in Metos position should be well aware the emotive side of words and how better to phrase his comments. Same old same old Macos against each other. Hopefully the Diaspora world wide will take note.
                I think UMD are largely irrelevent in terms of wider support within the diaspora community, to suggest its a case of "same old, same old... Macos against each other" would wrongly imply that UMD have a large supporter base.

Clearly UMD have no connection to the wider diaspora community and they're certainly not accountable to any section of the wider community except one or two 'powerbrokers', either foreign 'players' or those with a self serving interest.

Sadly UMD continues to run its own agenda, one that is based around the ambitions of the egomaniac at its head and those that pull his strings...

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                  • Oct 2009

Greetings!

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Thanks for the link Prolet, it opens up even more questions.

Meto, in the link above you state:

Сакаме да му порачаме на Конгресот дека е потребен балансиран дијалог, а не автоматски заземање на ставот на едната група, односно да бидат слушнати сите групи и да не ја толкуваат историјата од аспект само на една група.

1. What do you mean by a "balanced dialogue"?

2. Who is this "dialogue" between?

3. What does the US Congress have to do with anything?
                  Greetings from Turkey - we left Macedonia on Tuesday with the delegation. I saw so much Macedonia-related history items in Istanbul and Ankara so far.

The delegation to Macedonia was a huge success! More to follow.

As you can imagine, I am very busy, but will answer your questions.

1. and 2. Balanced dialogue, meaning when members of Congress hear one side, they should hear the other side. If you read the second part it explains it, meaning some members of Congress take the side of Greece without hearing out the Macedonian side.

3. The U.S. Congress appropriates the budget. Thanks to the U.S. Congress, the U.S. has given Macedonia over $1 billion in foreign assistance since 1994 through SEED and USAID, and Military Assistance. Thanks to the $93 million total contribution of the U.S. to Macedonia's army, Macedonia's army now is an exporter of security and peace in Kosovo, Bosnia, Lebanon, Darfur, Afghanistan, and previously Iraq (regardless whether one agrees whether Macedonia should have gotten involved).

Regards from Turkey.

Best, Meto
                  For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                  http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                  Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                  Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                  Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
                    • Oct 2009

Misquote

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                    According to Kanal 5, the Turkish American Group payed these sovetnici $100,000 US for them to visit Macedonia and Turkey.

http://www.kanal5.com.mk/default.asp...&eventId=63834
                    This is a misquote. Nobody paid these staffers. Congressional Ethics Committee would not allow this and they would have never been able to visit Macedonia if this was the case. TCA sponsored the trip of 34 individuals to visit Macedonia, of which 18 were Congressional senior staffers, and the travel to Turkey of the 18 staffers.

What an amazing trip this has been so far! Macedonian-Americans are truly privileged to have a great friend like Turkish-Americans, which certainly improves the relations between Macedonia and Turkey.
                    For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
                    http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
                    Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
                    Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
                    Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by UMDiaspora.org View Post
                      Greetings from Turkey - we left Macedonia on Tuesday with the delegation. I saw so much Macedonia-related history items in Istanbul and Ankara so far.

The delegation to Macedonia was a huge success! More to follow.

As you can imagine, I am very busy, but will answer your questions.

1. and 2. Balanced dialogue, meaning when members of Congress hear one side, they should hear the other side. If you read the second part it explains it, meaning some members of Congress take the side of Greece without hearing out the Macedonian side.

3. The U.S. Congress appropriates the budget. Thanks to the U.S. Congress, the U.S. has given Macedonia over $1 billion in foreign assistance since 1994 through SEED and USAID, and Military Assistance. Thanks to the $93 million total contribution of the U.S. to Macedonia's army, Macedonia's army now is an exporter of security and peace in Kosovo, Bosnia, Lebanon, Darfur, Afghanistan, and previously Iraq (regardless whether one agrees whether Macedonia should have gotten involved).

Regards from Turkey.

Best, Meto
                      Meto,

Lets leave your BS propaganda aside for a minute, and explain to us what the US has to do with Macedonian history - that was what you were refering to in your sentence - and Macedonia's name, which the article was in relation to.
                      Last edited by Vangelovski; 08-18-2010, 07:26 PM.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Buktop......where are you dude?

Meto needs you to try and get him out of another pickle.
                        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

It really pisses me off.

Take a look at the definition of 'refugee' in any dictionary.

Most Macedonians under hostile rulers, hostile administrations were ruthlessly suppressed in all areas of life - they left because of the politics. I think the use of the term 'immigrants' by Meto is once again just another UMD slight on our history, and its complete disregard for the poper historical context of things.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

The UMD wouldn't exist if the USA didn't see any purpose in it as a tool to further their own interests.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                              Buktop......where are you dude?

Meto needs you to try and get him out of another pickle.
                              Haha, was thinking the same.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                                He used "immigrants" because he was trying to suck up to those negative Macedonians in the republic who consider the Diaspora Macedonians as 'less' Macedonian, like we have no right to a say where it concerns our identity. It was a shallow and pathetic move. It also sounds like the same garbage comments that were made by some idiots from the republic when the AMHRC/MHMRI initiated their campaign.

The irony in all of this? Meto Koloski is also a diaspora Macedonian, or "immigrant" as he likes to call it now. Perhaps he should change the name of his organisation to United Macedonian Immigrants.
                                If this is indeed the case, I share your thoughts entirely.
                                But I genuinely think he is not that silly.
                                Risto the Great
                                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                                X