X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

It doesn’t have to be one. Just the less there are the more unified presence and firmer standing when dealing with external organisations.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
      Hi Risto the Great - maybe the UMD has set the bar too high for themselves. There has never been an organization that all Macedonians have been united under. UMD are not perfect - but neither is any other group, government, corporation etc. Perfection is being demanded in a highly imperfect world! Instead of wasting your time self-rightiously condeming them maybe you need to create your own global franchise that will do this work. What's stopping you?
      I do not see the need for one organisation. I do see the need for any organisation that purports to represent Macedonians to have an ideology that does not depart from the sound principles conveyed in the Macedonian Cause.

I will continue to condemn organisations that cannot commit to such fundamental aspects as prescribed in the Macedonian Cause. I will continue to support organisations that can commit to them.

Does that sound reasonable to you?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• iskra
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Mr Brandy View Post
        Hi Risto the Great - maybe the UMD has set the bar too high for themselves. There has never been an organization that all Macedonians have been united under. UMD are not perfect - but neither is any other group, government, corporation etc. Perfection is being demanded in a highly imperfect world! Instead of wasting your time self-rightiously condeming them maybe you need to create your own global franchise that will do this work. What's stopping you?
        There is no "global franchise". UMD is global in name only. They have not done a fraction of what a number of other organisations have accomplished. Their primary achievement has been to blow a lot of hot air on the internet.

As some people here have said it is very unrealistic to have one truly representative global organisation. The funny thing is, not only is UMD no where near being such an organisation, its board has not even been elected!

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
          Well RTG sounds like Mr Brandy has a suggestion. You certainly have the right name RTG and as for the avatar it cant be beat. You come across as highly intelligent and certainly have your heart in the right place.
          All kidding aside I don’t know your disposition in life but would it be something you could find time to accommodate.

In the thread of your travels in SE Asia you spoke of expanding the MTO. Maybe the members here can help you to overrun the UMD and take over their cool name. Seeing there are seats available in the Macedonian parliament for people from the diaspora a single united global organization is needed where people could put forward their ideas and stand as candidates. But where to find such a united global Macedonian organization.
          Ha ha, yes I can confirm all of SE Asia is fully supportive of the MTO now .... thanks to my "whirlwind tour". The avatar is a scan of a birthday card my wife gave me a few years ago. I found the resemblance to me quite uncanny.

But more importantly, the very realistic conclusion is that there will hopefully be numerous organisations that will be bound to the fundamental beliefs as expressed in the Macedonian Cause. Keeping everyone honest is and will always be part of the MTO Cause.

The UMD has a cool name. The AMHRC has a "less cool" name. But the AMHRC have runs on the board and have publicly stated the Macedonian Cause as defined does not violate any of their missions or agendas. In other words, the name is irrelevant. Actions are far more important.

The Cause IS all things to all Macedonians. How Macedonian organisations choose to action aspects of it is entirely up to them. But they must not violate any other part of the Cause in the process.

If you can grasp the significance of this, (and it took me a few years), then you will understand the potential torrent of positive Macedonian initiatives coming from all fronts once everyone commits to a solid ideology in the Macedonian Cause's favour.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, It seems like the UMD Conference over the weekend was a huge success, however it seems that Prime Minister Harper didnt come to the night, he only gave a pre recorded message and he was suppose to receive the Goce Delchev award.

Apparently there were alot of people from Australia too.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Prolet, I'm sure the conference was a success, though not in the sense that some of us would like it to have been. Who was there from Australia?
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Brandy
                It's easy to find faults and point fingers... which other Macedonian organization would you prefer represent your views globally? Is there one?
                That's another topic altogether. This poll was specific, and is now finished.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, They are saying that alot of people came from Australia i dont know exactly who there was one representative from the Mladina that i can think of.

Apparently John Bitove Senior was honored with a Video and he was given an award, we'll want and see the video footage of the UMD. Metodija even said that he wishes to be just like him.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

How can I consider some person to be my representative?

Who chosed him?

Maybe there was some voting of the diaspora I'm not familiar with?

If UMD leaders are so confident of the support they assumably have got from the Macedonian diaspora I suggest to be held official elections for a representative for each continet separately and they will form one body.
                    The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                      Vangelovski, They are saying that alot of people came from Australia i dont know exactly who there was one representative from the Mladina that i can think of.

Apparently John Bitove Senior was honored with a Video and he was given an award, we'll want and see the video footage of the UMD. Metodija even said that he wishes to be just like him.
                      Prolet,

Are you sure "they" are not just "you" exaggerating? I've only seen a mention of the "Slav" Macedonian Steve Kostoff and some young person from Melbourne. Regardless, I think most people here already knew Meto wanted to be "just like" Bitove before he announced it to the world.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
                        • Sep 2009

Vangelovski, "They" were people who went to the event and managed to have a chat with representatives from Australia, i guess we will know more when the footage is released. Im just going on by what i was told, why would i be exaggerating when i wasnt there?

Comment

• Bratot
                          • Sep 2008

Exactly Prolet, why would you?
                          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Buktop
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski
                            Are you sure "they" are not just "you" exaggerating?
                            These are the sort of comments that continue to disgrace any sort of legitimate grievances directed towards the UMD. Any legitimate constructive criticism is completely overshadowed by deliberate and malicious behavior continually exhibited by Vangelovski and Co. I would not have even begun to involve myself in these arguments were it not for Vangelovski's continuous petty behavior.

Always looking to prove yourself, even at the expense of others...
                            "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                            though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                            Our long awaited hour will draw near
                            and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                              These are the sort of comments that continue to disgrace any sort of legitimate grievances directed towards the UMD. Any legitimate constructive criticism is completely overshadowed by deliberate and malicious behavior continually exhibited by Vangelovski and Co. I would not have even begun to involve myself in these arguments were it not for Vangelovski's continuous petty behavior.

Always looking to prove yourself, even at the expense of others...
                              How many Australian's turned up Buktop, who were they and do you know what their political views are?

How is pointing out an obvious exaggeration stemming from a vague and generalised statement where the person making the statement could only "think of one person" be "malicious behaviour"? I would have thought exaggeration and unconfirmed rumours were "malicious behaviour". Who are "Co"?
                              Last edited by Vangelovski; 06-07-2010, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Here's a statistic that is not an exaggeration - UMD's self-appointed Board of Directors and their policies are not representative of 96% of the posters who voted on this thread. Nor does UMD represent the Diaspora as it has claimed in previous publications.

Comment

Working...
                                X