Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

The UMetoD only represents its members. We have been told this on numerous occasions.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
      I clicked on the wrong button, SOM! It was 4 against and when I voted it became 4 to 1! :-) Take one back!!!
      Try again Indigen, I have deleted your previous vote.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        The UMetoD only represents its members. We have been told this on numerous occasions.
        Very true, that is why I thought we'd ask the regular Macedonian folk about their sentiments towards this organisation.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
          • Oct 2009

They do not represent me, thats for sure. Like RTG said, they only represents its members.
          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• indigen
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Try again Indigen, I have deleted your previous vote.
            Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Never mind but be sure that Meto, A. Mitreski and their sidekicks are NOT my representatives!
            Last edited by indigen; 05-23-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• makedonche
              • Oct 2008

Not only are they not my representatives but are "misrepresenting" their position.
              On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by indigen View Post
                Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Never mind but be sure that Meto, A. Mitreski and their sidekicks are NOT my representatives!
                Indigen, I have manually entered your vote.

Comment

• Rogi
                  • Sep 2008

I don't know what the argument is here.

I personally think it is a good thing that other communities are prepared to work with Macedonian organisations, and even donate large sums to them.

I don't think we can honestly say we don't have any joint interests with the Turkish communities around the world. Given that, surely we all see some room for a relationship based on the principle of quid pro quo.

The same sort of ethnic alliances happen here in Australia too. The Turkish community from Northern Cyprus has in the past made substantial offers of assistance to our community, which would have been accepted had our community not been in such disarray.

Similarly, there is a "Macedonian branch" of the Labor party in Victoria, which was in the news quite a lot recently, which is all-Turkish.

How can such things come about, if not based on mutual and agreed interests of the communities? I don't see the difference between that and the TCA matching-grant offer to UMD.
                  Last edited by Rogi; 05-24-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
                    I don't know what the argument is here.

I personally think it is a good thing that other communities are prepared to work with Macedonian organisations, and even donate large sums to them.

I don't think we can honestly say we don't have any joint interests with the Turkish communities around the world. Given that, surely we all see some room for a relationship based on the principle of quid pro quo.

The same sort of ethnic alliances happen here in Australia too. The Turkish community from Northern Cyprus has in the past made substantial offers of assistance to our community, which would have been accepted had our community not been in such disarray.
                    Rogi,

The question is the REAL source of the $150,000 - some of us are questioning whether the money was actually donated by the Turkish community or provided from elsewhere..say a government for say "policy alignement" purposes?
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Volk
                      • Sep 2008

I don't know if anyone sees them as 'the' representative rather than 'a' representative...
                      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Kabadaja
                        • May 2010

I voted No.
                        Macedonia – our identity, our faith, our history, our tradition, our culture, our past, our future – that’s Macedonia.

Comment

• Rogi
                          • Sep 2008

Now, that's no different to any other conspiracy theory.

The Turkish Coalition of America announced their matching grants of USD150,000 for the Bosniak American Advisory Council (BAACH) and the UMD.

Now, If you're suggesting the TCA, which was incorporated in 2007, and a year and a half later offered 150k each to two non-Turkish diaspora groups, is actually a front, then you'd have to seriously research them to verify that and come up with any evidence.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

$300K in 1.5 years...thats some effort...
                            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk
                              I don't know if anyone sees them as 'the' representative rather than 'a' representative...
                              Anybody could be 'a' representative, people are being asked if they consider the UMD as their representative, and they are being asked individually, hence, do you consider the UMD as your representative for the Macedonian Diaspora. The question is formulated in a way that reflects the sentiment of the UMD about itself as an organisation, where they claim to be "the leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world".

Volk, instead of trying to knit-pick a question that is quite direct, how about you partake in the poll?

Comment

• Bill77
                                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                                Bill, Its up to you to look at the information and then say what you think, like i said earlier we all have our opinions and i dont expect you to like that article however if i just went on and wrote what was said there nobody would have believed me and i would have probably been accused of making it all up so i provided a link for everybody to see.
                                Prolet, next time paste my quote to your response and you will see that you respond to something much diferant.

one of your quotes You said,
                                Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                                Vangelovski, According to UMD Director of Operations in Australia Ordan Andreevski, he called Meto's one month visit to Australia a major success. .
                                I replied
                                Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                                What did you expect a Director of operations to say, it was a disaster? Evan if it was he would never admit it..
                                Majkami mi rece deka jas sum naj lichen od site. sigurno majkami kje me fali. Now Do you understand what i was trying to say? i am not disputing if it was said or not.
                                Last edited by Bill77; 05-24-2010, 01:18 AM.
                                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

Working...
                                X