Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osiris
    • Sep 2008

we have a proposal for one project mihail talk about it in private when i next see you.

Comment

• Mikail
      • Sep 2008

Look forward to it. Give me a call any time.
      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Simply Macedonian
        • Feb 2010

Andrea Alusheff the current president on the Maknews website:

"Our membership is more diverse than most. It is comprised of Macedonians from all parts of Macedonia and we believe Macedonians of all ethnicities should be named in the Census, including all Macedonians who are four and five generations away from our homeland."

What a sad sack "explanation" as to why the "MPO" asks Macedonians to declare as "Macedonian Bulgarians" on the American census.

In addition, the webmaster of this site, which is pro-Macedonian, is defending this anti-Macedonian organization!!!!!

To Bulgaria and the "MPO" we are "Macedonian Bulgarians".

Is their objective not more obvious with their latest anti-Macedonian endeavour?

It's sadly obvious.
        Last edited by Simply Macedonian; 03-01-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• amitreski
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          amitreski, how did you go. Do we have consensus from the UMD Executive? Shall I attend to the pen-craft for the benefit of Macedonians worldwide. Or should I wait for the UMD response on this very important assessment of Macedonia by the European Parliament?

I know the Macedonia's Haiti relief effort is still worth being mentioned on the front page of the website, but surely we can get a UMD opinion about the European Parliament's resolution on Macedonia on there as well?

Please do. Maybe Tom would like to help.
          "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

I think the first part of my question needs answering first. Do we have consensus from the UMD Executive about my sentiments? Otherwise I would be wasting my time. Surely you would agree.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Mitreski,

You're silence on this issues tells me one of two things:

a) UMD agrees with the EU resolution; or

b) UMD has no idea what just happened.

Had UMD disagreed with this resolution, I'm fairly confident they would have put forward an opinion by now. However, by remaining silent, they seem to have either missed the significance or they agree with the resolution but are too afraid to voice this agreement lest they lose further support from the Diaspora.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Thank you to everybody that has posted this information concerning the MPO, and for confirming that this organisation will never be a Macedonian organisation again, in any sense of the word.

As an individual, I wipe my hands clean from this garbage group of soldout traitors, and will never support even the slightest collaboration with them in any future endeavours carried out by Macedonians.

The Macedonian government should also, immediately cease all ties with these traitors.

To the MPO: Game over.

To the UMD: How on earth could you not see this happening after your close dealings with them?!
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• amitreski
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                  I think the first part of my question needs answering first. Do we have consensus from the UMD Executive about my sentiments? Otherwise I would be wasting my time. Surely you would agree.

Risto

To get a consensus we need to see what you will write. Why don't you put out a draft document and we can then discuss it. If you feel that our edits may impact your text too much, then you can send the letter on your own, and we can send out a modified version. That's what i can tell you.
                  "No, it is not the critic who counts. Not the one who points out how a strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and may come up short, who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails daring greatly." - Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

• amitreski
                    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                    Mitreski,

You're silence on this issues tells me one of two things:

a) UMD agrees with the EU resolution; or

b) UMD has no idea what just happened.

Had UMD disagreed with this resolution, I'm fairly confident they would have put forward an opinion by now. However, by remaining silent, they seem to have either missed the significance or they agree with the resolution but are too afraid to voice this agreement lest they lose further support from the Diaspora.
                    Tom

Stop making silly assumptions and inferences. As I said we can't be everywhere. If you feel so passionate about this issue, have you drafted a letter yet?

Help Risto draft a letter and then we can discuss it. Until then, I have nothing further to add.

Comment

• Simply Macedonian
                      • Feb 2010

From maknews.com site administrator with my comments. I urge other Macedonians to comment as well.

(Maknews.com has traditionally been a pro-Macedonian website will a great deal of interesting pro Macedonian commentary, opinions, etc.)

"There are many MPO members, especially in leadership roles, who view themselves as Macedonians of ethnic Bulgarian heritage. That's their prerogative, what are you going to do, argue with them over what they believe?"

My response: Yes I will argue with them over how they've been indoctrinated by the Bulgarian propaganda machine. How can we support an organization whose leaders view themselves as being "Macedonian of ethnic Bulgarian heritage"? If we do support such an organization we are anti-Macedonian.

"However, over the last couple of decades the MPO has made a deliberate choice to moderate its pro-Bulgarian ideology - which used to be quite severe and extremely anti-(ethnic)-Macedonian. The MPO moved forward and dealt with the "identity" issue - and that reflects well on them. The MPO of today is not the MPO of a few decades ago, it's a more moderate and inclusive organization. It's important that we acknowledge that."

The "MPO" has not moderated its pro-Bulgarian ideology. Their leaders are quite cunning and clever to have a few pro-Republic of Macedonia articles in their paper, sometimes pro human rights..but absolutely never for the Macedonians in Bulgaria. On their website you will find anti-Macedonian material in many places. Their last president clearly stated his pro-Bulgarian views in a Macedonian magazine in an extensive interview. Their latest anti-Macedonian census provocation is typical of the organization, which follows Bulgaria's line to a "t". Recognize Macedonia and Macedonians in a regional or geographical sense, but not the Macedonian nation or language or the Macedonian Orthodox Church.

"The Census Coalition was 100% right to seek the cooperation of the MPO for their project - and it's my view they should keep the MPO in the coalition and keep the door open for future cooperation. If you read the information on the MPO website you can see they are toeing the line and doing their part."

The "MPO" has been turfed from the coalition and it's beyond me why they still have information on their site to the contrary. "MPO" we've had enough of you. Second, third and fourth generation Macedonians are encouraged to join pro-Macedonian organizations in North America. Those still with the "MPO" are encouraged to leave.

"I don't care that someone wrote in the Tribune that MPO members should write they are "Vlach Macedonians and Albanian Macedonians," etc. Since when has the MPO promoted a Vlach or Albanian ideology? Never. This is just cover so they can write "Bulgarian Macedonian" and it won't stand out as much."

So what is the point here? You admit they are using "vlach" and "albanian" Macedonians to hide their true goal: to brainwash American Macedonians to declare themselves as "Bulgarian Macedonians". Definitely an anti-Macedonian policy.

"But there's no reason to mask that. Those MPO members who view themselves as ethnically Bulgarian should openly and proudly declare themselves as such on the census. The MPO shouldn't skirt around the issue."

So are you asking for the "MPO" to be a half pro-Macedonian, half pro-Bulgarian organization...and how could this possibly help our Macedonian cause??

"The MPO has two main factions - one pro-Bulgarian and one just Macedonian. The MPO should be straight with its membership and tell those who view themselves as just Macedonians to write "Macedonian" in the census and those who view themselves as ethnically Bulgarian to write "Bulgarian" in the census. And even with this approach I believe it would be worthwhile to include the MPO in the census project."

"MPO" has rightly been asked to leave by the remaining coalition members. The damage has already been done. Undoubtedly, a number of ethnic Macedonians in the US on the current census will call themselves Macedonian Bulgarian. An unmitigated anti-Macedonian disaster, thanks to the "MPO" ..How can you, in your right mind, ask this organization to remain in the census project?

"I'm not spooked in the least by the article in the Tribune and I'm not convinced the Census Coalition was correct to drop the MPO from the project. I'm asking the UMD to seriously reconsider this and contact the MPO. I'm telling you we have common ground here and we should be building on it."

I am very "spooked" by the article. It is blatantly anti-Macedonian, with a purpose of reducing the number of ethnic Macedonians on the American census.
                      No Macedonian should ever contact the "MPO" ever again. Those Macedonians who have tried to influence them in the past and bring them into the Macedonian fold, did so with good intentions in mind, but we do not have common ground here. Many were hoping that they could be turned around and become a completely pro-Macedonian organization, but unfortunately this has not happened. Yes, there are some good Macedonians in the "MPO". It's time we made a more concerted effort to bring them into the Macedonian fold, that is organizations that are pro-Macedonian 100% of the time.
                      Last edited by Simply Macedonian; 03-02-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

• Jankovska
                        • Sep 2008

Why is it so hard to say we are against all this bullshit? It's not hard. We as Macedonians have to be against a name change, Ramkoven Dogovor, kurci palci. jeez

Comment

• Jankovska
                          • Sep 2008

I am sick and tired of this. Over a hundrad years and we still have a 'macedonian patriotic org' which feels Bulgarian. People like that killed Jane Sandanski, probably betrayed Goce Delcev and all our heros and we are still wasting time with them. It's stupid. We want to go forward? It's never going to happen. We are still stuck at same time, hundrads of years ago where we are still wasting precious time with traitors. Metak megu rogovi and let's move on.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                            Risto

To get a consensus we need to see what you will write. Why don't you put out a draft document and we can then discuss it. If you feel that our edits may impact your text too much, then you can send the letter on your own, and we can send out a modified version. That's what i can tell you.
                            I see you are stretching out this sorry saga yet again amitreski.
                            I wrote my thoughts on the first page of this thread.
                            Have another look at that and let me know whether anything offends the UMD first. Then I will merely string it all together finishing with a protest about how demeaning the entire EU arse-kissing process has been.

Surely you would have noticed the opinions I wrote earlier within this same thread. I hope you don't merely use this forum solely as a means of self-promotion. That you in fact learn the true feelings of many people in the Diaspora. All this ducking and weaving is a little tiresome. Here I will spell it out to the UMD and yourself (to any extent your opinions differ from that of the UMD whatever they may be from time to time).

I see the UMD as being purposefully cryptic on matters of extreme importance to Macedonians in the Diaspora. By trying to please everybody including the Macedonian Government they realise this is not possible. So the UMD chooses to ignore or skirt around these sensitive issues. But as Meto said in Adelaide "The Macedonian Government wants it, we have to help them" .... yeah sure ... in Perfectdonia we will do that.

The UMD is yet to have a clear ideology. It is either being deceitful, void of ideology or is fulfilling agendas it has yet to reveal. Pick one or 3 of these.

If you cannot understand my sentiment about the EU Parliament Resolution, you are simply not capable enough to be involved at an executive level within the UMD. If you can, (and I am sure you can), then you are evading a golden opportunity for Macedonians to assert themselves against repeated attempts to undermine our sovereignty. But you know that. Why don't you talk to the guy that can't vote in the UMD and see if he lets you answer truthfully.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski View Post
                              Tom

Stop making silly assumptions and inferences. As I said we can't be everywhere. If you feel so passionate about this issue, have you drafted a letter yet?

Help Risto draft a letter and then we can discuss it. Until then, I have nothing further to add.
                              Mitreski,

If UMD can't be "everywhere", then I suggest UMD picks a few key issues it feels it "can" deal with and stick to them. Until now, UMD has attemtped to be "everywhere" and has commented on previous EU statements and resolutions. Why UMD has chosen not to comment on this particular one, in my view, means that it agrees with it but does not want to state it publically lest it lose Diaspora support.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Pelister
                                • Sep 2008

UMD now being cryptic on issues it has been happy, eager and willing to opine on before is probably just another sign that the UMD organization is a foriegn policy vehicle of the West. UMD's slavish devotion to Western institutions and structures that negate us never ceases to amaze me.

I have never met a bigger bunch of slavish, whorish Western worshippers.

Comment

Working...
                                X