Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Prolet, how long did you keep your head up there?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by amitreski
      What admission to failure?

UMD called for any interested organizations that want to help number the Macedonians in USA to join the coalition. Vlad sent out the instructions where clearly was stated that people should put themselves as Macedonian.MPO participated on conference calls and agreed on the terms of the coalition. Yes, we know they have shown their bulgarian activities in the past, but lately they have been trying to do many be pro-macedonianactivities. So, UMD's opinion, and the opinion of the other organizations was, sure, if they help count more Macedonians in USA following these instructions, then what is wrong with that?

However, it appears that some bulgarian forces in MPO could not accept the Macedonian declaration so they published the article in the Tribune. They violated the terms of the coalition and hence, are kicked out. It is their shame to be kicked out from a Macedonian coalition. По се игледа дека волкот влаконот го менува ама ќудта НЕ. Now, they can not hiding their clear pro-bulgarian agenda.

UMD will continue to work with other organizations to have this census be a success.
      Mitreski,

MPO could never hide their pro-Bulgarian agenda. It was UMD's inexperience and amaturism that led it to accepting MPO participation. Another "mistake", or what I would call, a failure to recognise the obvious ideological flaws in MPO and a failure to mitigate the risks they pose by not allowing them into such a project in the first place.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Oh c'mon. We MTO types are too critical. Many Macedonians at the UMD promotional events were captivated by Meto and his youthful enthusiasm. We don't hate them for being excited about a belief in change for the better for Macedonia. You could see it everywhere, the promotional events were not about the UMD for the people attending. They were an opportunity to lessen their burden and have a new hope for their people. You could have put a cardboard cutout of Goce Delcev with patriotic songs playing there and many would have been equally happy.

Having said all of this, much of my disappointment with the UMD comes from their inability to put a good vehicle to good use. The vehicle is good with a fresh motor but the driving team have no idea. A unified group still compels me but it is not the UMD for me or any other thinking Macedonian.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Prolet
          • Sep 2009

I supplied links and even photos, there is no doubt that Meto is a young,talented and educated man this is the main reason why the older generation like him. Just so people know he will be in Australia till March 3. We've all criticized him before and he's taken it on the chin and thats that. We should be working with him rather then against him.

SOM, Meto has taken the effort to spend a whole month in Australia, he's met alot of people, he's been given alot of ideas,advise,knowledge etc He's learned alot here and i think thats a good thing for everyone dont you?
          МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Pavel
            • Oct 2009

prolet, you have a special ability to avoid the issues. it has been explained here that meto has not admitted his mistakes and has not taken anything on the chin. and now we have this mpo disaster. and why do you avoid talking about the fact that amw was the only macedonian media oulet in australia (see for example the "denes" newspaper, not to mention all the macedonian radio programs) that reported on the rann affair without mentioning who is taking action against him? all the others explained who is doing this. amw was the only one that didnt.

Comment

• Grotius
              • Dec 2009

Kevin,

The topic of this thread is the title to the boy wonders' tour - "United for Macedonia's Future". How has he "United" anybody for "Macedonia's Future"?

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                I supplied links and even photos, there is no doubt that Meto is a young,talented and educated man this is the main reason why the older generation like him. Just so people know he will be in Australia till March 3. We've all criticized him before and he's taken it on the chin and thats that. We should be working with him rather then against him.

SOM, Meto has taken the effort to spend a whole month in Australia, he's met alot of people, he's been given alot of ideas,advise,knowledge etc He's learned alot here and i think thats a good thing for everyone dont you?
                Prolet, what effort are we talking about? three steps forward, kick with your left then kick with your right then repeat. Or the visits to Bondi and dinners in restaraunts which is all paid for. lol

Ok i am joking and i understand there is nothing wrong with relaxing time in between work. But this open arms statement of yours, as someone mentioned its the same old people that attened to every type of meetings. He made no new friends.

I think the time he has spent, would have been much more beneficial if it was spent in Macedonian and preaching to our people there what is going on with this naming issue. Wake those zaspani up.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Prolet
                  Then he should've kept his opinions and ideas to himself until he was given this advice and knowledge, rather than rambling on about the first thing that came to his mind. Prolet, I think you should become a UMD member and represent them in Australia.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Prolet, I think you should become a UMD member and represent them in Australia.
                    SoM,

I second this proposal.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Prolet
                      • Sep 2009

Pavel, Some good questions raised there

The whole purpose with the MPO was that its the oldest organization and there are alot of 3rd generation Macedonians there who declare themselves as Macedonians. However the MPO Organization itself is pro Bulgarian and the UMD cut ties with them. Im not sure the exact figure but i think the Macedonians in America have a very small population figure somewhere around 50,000 out of 300 million which is not even a drop in the ocean. So in a desperation effort the UMD pushed all the way and tried with every organization to get as many Macedonians as possible to declare as Macedonians in the American Census.

If we are serious about beating the 84,000 mark ourselves in Australia, we need to reach out to the Egejci that declare themselves as Greek as well as the Macedonians who declare themselves as Yugoslavs, either way the UMD tried and it didnt work out with MPO so im really not too sure what more they can do here. This is why i asked the UMD to give us further information and the basic details as to what happened with the MPO negotiations.

Now in regards to the legal action by AMHRC, the organization has not come out with an official stance, we saw a letter with the threat of legal action but i've never seen anything after that, the AMHRC has kept quit and if legal action were to be taken then i guess they have every right to do so. Im not too informed whats going on with AMHRC, they have to come out and tell the people what their plan is as i can only talk for myself i havnt heard them say anything else other then the letter they wrote to Mike Rann at the beginning.

I dont know why AMW didnt mention AMHRC, i think they should have to be honest but who knows what the exact reason is.
                      МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Pavel
                        • Oct 2009

post 19 of the thread about the mp from south australia thread:

"Dear all,

We became aware of the letter today. It was emailed to us. The letter of course is an attempt to spread disinformation. This is because it makes the false claim that Rann did not denigrate the whole Macedonian nation. There is no question that he did of course, we all saw it on youtube and we quote the relevant sentences in our complaint - which is now being processed by the Human Rights Commission.

The letter represents a feeble attempt to influence the outcome of our complaint. However, we can assure you that it will have no bearing on the outcome. It now needs to be noted by all, that we are formally pursuing Rann over this matter and therefore our statements in public, because of legal requirements, need to be truncated.

Regards,

AMHRC."

every macedonian news media outlet in australia that reported on rann, mentioned that the amhrc has started action, except amw. do you know how to read prolet??? it was even in the editorial of "denes"! they are right you should become head of umd here.

Comment

• osiris
                          • Sep 2008

because it is lupchos personal fiefdom and only represents his opinions, and not the opinions of the diaspora a bit like the umd.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Who owns the other Macedonian newspaper here in Australia? Please tell me they aren't UMD apologists and/or compromised either.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              Who owns the other Macedonian newspaper here in Australia? Please tell me they aren't UMD apologists and/or compromised either.
                              Igor Pavlovski - he's written in favour of them but I'm not sure if that's because he supports them or doesn't know much about them.

Comment

• Grotius
                                • Dec 2009

Igor Pavlovski owns Today/Denes. I don't think his paper is compromised. I did notice in last week's (maybe two weeks ago) edition he gave the AMHRC quite good coverage. Come to think of it, his editorial explicitly honoured the AMHRC over their legal action against Rann.

But I think Pavel is onto something here, the Australian Macedonian Weekly is fast becoming the Australian UMD Weekly. Maybe 'Kevin Rudd', after becoming the UMD's head of operations here, can get a gig co-editing the UMD Weekly.

Comment

Working...
                                X