X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk
    I do not agree with you... At the forum Meto stated 5 times UMD does NOT support any name change whatsoever....
    Yep, and at the Adelaide forum Meto again advocated for the 'democratic' prefix as "not that bad" (or something to that effect) when responding to Risto the Great.

What concerns me most, is the fact that hardly any (if any at all) UMD supporters have dared to criticise Meto's clique and their irresponsible statements. You included Volk. You guys simply don't see anything fundamentally wrong with their past actions, and this is even more concerning. I am rather tired of reading the same old excuse of "I try and focus on the good and not the bad, bla, bla, bla", nice work, close your eyes to the bad and pretend it never happened (!), Meto will even help you by denying what he said, despite the fact that it has been recorded on print and camera.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Volk View Post
      I know what it is Risto and its implications, however at the end of the day it is a piece of paper... However I think you've either missed my point or ignored it.
      Seriously, if you take the constitution of a country as a "rule-book" for the country, then the rules have just been changed at the Macedonian's expense. I honestly think you might have missed your point about this. It is so bad that i cannot begin to express how bad it is.

I will have a go at it... it is like your own country has become your own worst enemy.

Some pieces of paper have more bite than others. In this case, I have heard enough Jaws themes thinking about it to last a lifetime.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Volk
        • Sep 2008

Risto, you did miss my point here it is again:

So instead of kicking and screaming no framework agreement no interim accord, trying to find strategies around the blocks that are holding us back is much more productive and also much harder.
        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Volk
          • Sep 2008

What concerns me most, is the fact that hardly any (if any at all) UMD supporters have dared to criticise Meto's clique and their irresponsible statements.
          There have been some items that have been wrong, however that does not constitute a need to destroy the UMD, only keep it in check.
          Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

So instead of kicking and screaming no framework agreement no interim accord, trying to find strategies around the blocks that are holding us back is much more productive and also much harder.
            ?????????????????????????
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

There have been some items that have been wrong, however that does not constitute a need to destroy the UMD, only keep it in check.
              Yet you don't wish to highlight what these are, because, it would appear that items such as a 'democratic' prefix being "not that bad" isn't really a concern for you. Correct?

How are we to keep the UMD in check when they refuse to acknowledge their errors, when they provide multiple versions of what 'really' happened? If they can't be honest with themselves how are they going to be honest with the Diaspora?

This is what i'm seeing; (bad) the UMD advocated a name change, but (good) the UMD initiated a fundraiser for Macedonians in need, (good) the UMD supported an educational initiative for young Macedonians............."I don't want to dwell on the bad, everybody makes mistakes, let's focus on the good......." Give me a break.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Volk
                • Sep 2008

"I don't want to dwell on the bad, everybody makes mistakes, let's focus on the good......." Give me a break.
                SOM, dont put word in my mouth, I have never said this nor do I agree with the logic behind it. Mistakes need to be highlighted and criticized... then things need to move forwards, not dwelt on for 4 years.

it would appear that items such as a 'democratic' prefix being "not that bad" isn't really a concern for you. Correct?
                why are you still dwelling on this? Its not realistic, its not an option, there is no point to waste more time on it...

Do you think the Macedonian cause is better of with or without UMD?
                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Volk
                  • Sep 2008

Tom, please check the previous page for the complete post as I am interested in your response as well.
                  Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Tom, please check the previous page for the complete post as I am interested in your response as well.
                    I did, but I'm not sure what you mean. Please clarify.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Mistakes need to be highlighted and criticized...
                      AND addressed/fixed, not just swept under the carpet.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

SOM, dont put word in my mouth, I have never said this nor do I agree with the logic behind it. Mistakes need to be highlighted and criticized... then things need to move forwards, not dwelt on for 4 years.

why are you still dwelling on this? Its not realistic, its not an option, there is no point to waste more time on it...

Do you think the Macedonian cause is better of with or without UMD?
                        4 years? Are you purposefully refusing to watch the clip that Risto the Great put up, or have you watched it and are purposefully refusing to acknowledge what Meto said?

Are you able to force yourself to construct at least one criticism of the UMD?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                          AND addressed/fixed, not just swept under the carpet.
                          Exactly the point.

Comment

• Volk
                            • Sep 2008

I did, but I'm not sure what you mean. Please clarify.
                            What does that exactly has the framework agreement and interim accord have to do with UMD? They did not create those accords... You treat them as if they where the government of Macedonia... yet you pour more scorn on them, then the actual government, which is responsible for each...

What exactly do you want the UMD to do about these agreements and accords?? lobby against them? come out publicly against them?

"framework Agreement" is a piece of paper to shut up the albanians for a while, make them go quite for the time being. It does not solve our problem with them, only buys us some time.

They will want a greater Albania, the government sees NATO and the EU as an escape they will prevent a war with them.

Going back and renouncing the framework agreement will undoubtedly result in war, Macedonia is now surrounded by NATO countries, meaning weapon sanctions (as occurred in the last conflict) translate into not 1 bullet entering the country. We dont have stockpiles of weapons (I dont understand why) this is how our arm was twisted in 2001 to capitulate. So unless we are prepared for a war, we cannot win one.

My point of the above post was to stimulate thinking on how to bypass the road blocks that hold us back from escaping from the Interim Accord and Framework agreement.

Also try to understand what you expect the UMD to do about these agreements since you are so critical of them for supporting them, which I disagree with.
                            Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Volk
                              • Sep 2008

SOM I was there and heard what Meto said...

Are you able to force yourself to construct at least one criticism of the UMD?
                              I do not need to force anything... I think several comments made in regards to the Macedonian encyclopedia where quite appalling... there are some others... I think the democratic thing has been blown way out of proportion, it is no longer relevant.

-------
                              Lets try a third time :

Do you think the Macedonian cause is better off with or without UMD? It is becoming apparent why do refuse to answer the question...
                              Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Again, you talk about 4 years ago, about irrelevance, yet only a few days ago Meto was defending his stance on the 'democratic' prefix. Of course to UMD supporters such as yourself, this is being 'blown out of proportion', whereas I think the lack of clinical responses by the UMD is the reason why people are still asking the same questions from months ago (and still waiting for answers), hence the reason why to some such as yourself it appears to be 'blown out of proportion'.

What's becoming apparent? You are making assumptions on my behalf now Volk? The Macedonian Cause is better off with the UMD, but not in its current role, I have already stated this in the past. I don't believe they should have influence in the areas concerning our identity and integrity as a nation, because history has shown that they are prepared to compromise, to some degree or another.

Comment

Working...
                                X