Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AMHRC
    De-registered
    • Sep 2009

Indigen,

On the minority, of course it is Macedonian and not "Slavo-Macedonian". The point however, is that there was a rare admission from the Greek side on what the dispute is really about; though we suppose a further explanation from us, that it is a Macedonian minority, would be useful, in future.

No, there is no "Province of Macedonia", rather there are three geographic regions, officially in Greece, using the word Macedonia. We could specify that in future, though the point would be exactly the same and the distinction, is not significant in this context. The Greek argument is that they have land called Macedonia, and that a neighbour utilising the same name, implies territorial pretensions and that the name Macedonia is Greek and of crucial cultural significance to Greeks. We demolish this by pointing out that they only began to officially utilise the name in 1988. Never-the-less, we shall spell out all three regional-administrative names in future, if that is what people prefer.

On the name, the debate could become endless. Republic of Macedonia is what the fight is about, in terms of general international acceptance.

Regards,

AMHRC.

Comment

• indigen
      • May 2009

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
      Indigen,

On the minority, of course it is Macedonian and not "Slavo-Macedonian". The point however, is that there was a rare admission from the Greek side on what the dispute is really about; though we suppose a further explanation from us, that it is a Macedonian minority, would be useful, in future.

No, there is no "Province of Macedonia", rather there are three geographic regions, officially in Greece, using the word Macedonia. We could specify that in future, though the point would be exactly the same and the distinction, is not significant in this context. The Greek argument is that they have land called Macedonia, and that a neighbour utilising the same name, implies territorial pretensions and that the name Macedonia is Greek and of crucial cultural significance to Greeks. We demolish this by pointing out that they only began to officially utilise the name in 1988. Never-the-less, we shall spell out all three regional-administrative names in future, if that is what people prefer.

On the name, the debate could become endless. Republic of Macedonia is what the fight is about, in terms of general international acceptance.

Regards,

AMHRC.
      AMHRC, thanks for quick response and clarification.

IME, all Macedonian organisations should pay more heed to ideological details whenever going public with media releases and other public statements. I don't wish to detract any more attention from the main point of calling for an end to the name negotiations but I do urge you to consider the implications of what designations you use for the name of the state of Macedonia in future.

So pochit,
      I.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

This is without doubt the most important statement issued regarding the greek fabricated so called name issue. My highest commendations to MHRMI & AMHRC, acknowledging Indigen's points of clarification also.
        Well done and keep up the good work boys!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Mikail
          • Sep 2008

Ok, our old foe, Sportster, has joined us here to derail our thoughts. This article from the current issue of Neos Kosmos

Australian and Canadian groups ask for a 'no compromise' policy and an end to FYROM's negotiations with Greece

Call for FYROM to end negotiations on name

Australian and Canadian groups ask for a 'no compromise' policy and an end to FYROM's negotiations with Greece

10 May 2010

The 'Macedonian' Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) based in Toronto, Canada and the Australian 'Macedonian' Human Rights committee (AMHRC) based in Melbourne have apparently reiterated (April 29, 2010) their call for the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYROM) to cease all negotiations with Greece over its name.

They specifically stated: "MHRMI and AMHRC call on: 'Macedonia' (FYROM) to stop the negotiations immediately and tell the international community that it is not willing to compromise its name and identity.

The rest of the international community, and EU in particular, to join the 127 countries that have recognised 'Macedonia', including 4/5 UN Security Council members, and to finally put an end to the irrational name dispute and immediately recognise 'Macedonia' under its constitutional name."

The Hellenic American Chronicle, writes that the 'Macedonian' Human Rights Movement International and the 'Macedonian' Human Rights committee "are notorious for promoting nationalistic propaganda and undermining the multicultural cohesion of Canada and Australia."

The Greek American Chronicle have writen "They [MHRMI and AMHRC] actively engage in the systematic dissemination of historical revisionist material regarding the history of the region of Macedonia in order to justify their territorially aggressive stance and their attempts to monopolise the name Macedonia."

The American Chronicle went on to write "This is clearly evident through their call on the government of FYROM to cease the UN-brokered name negotiations with Greece."

Con Kouremenos a representative of Australian Macedonian Advisory Council talking to Neos Kosmos, said "AMAC deplores the call by these two organisations for the cease in the name negotiations between the FYROM and Greece."

Mr Kouremenos added; "A compromise can only be reached through negotiations, and this is the vision that must be shared and supported by FYROM communities worldwide in order to join the European Union."
          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Sportster
            Banned
            • May 2010

They only cashing in to your own doings.
            If you ask me the worst thing you or us can do in these "civilised" "politicaly correct" times is to walk away from a negotiation. It will simply mean the end of your presence on the international stage...but hey dont take my word for it.

To me the best approach (thats of course my view) is to walk away from that if its what you desire and enter strictly and only biletterall negotiation between the 2 members...I dont expect the majority of you to understand what Im suggesting but...hey God made us all!!!

Comment

• Mikail
              • Sep 2008

AMHRC, has Neos Kosmos English Edition ever been in contact with you to ask why you call for a stop to the name negotiations?

Are you part of a FYROM community?

Is it true that your organisation is, and I quote, "are notorious for promoting nationalistic propaganda and undermining the multicultural cohesion of Canada and Australia."

The AMAC was specifically formed some twelve months ago or so for the sole purpose of "promoting nationalistic propaganda and undermining the multicultural cohesion of Canada and Australia."

What right does Neos Kosmos have to spread such lies and assist AMAC in their goal of "promoting nationalistic propaganda and undermining the multicultural cohesion of Canada and Australia."

Is it not true Neos Kosmos that you, along with AMAC "are notorious for promoting nationalistic propaganda and undermining the multicultural cohesion of Canada and Australia."
              From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Sportster
                Banned
                • May 2010

Neos Kosmos is only quoting sources, its an old media trick to avoid responcibility!!!

Comment

• Mikail
                  • Sep 2008

Are you a spokes person for Neos Kosmos, Lavouta?

Comment

• Sportster
                    Banned
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                    Are you a spokes person for Neos Kosmos, Lavouta?
                    whats lavouta? we dont use that in Lerin..lol!
                    No, Im not, I dont even read it. I thought you asked for my opinion...sorry...carry on.

Comment

• DIMO
                      • Apr 2010

sportster, whats your point to be on a macedonian forum?
                      OBEDINETA MAKEDONIJA

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

Actually that is something I would like to know too, as am sure others would too, whya re you here Sportster?
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Mikail
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sportster View Post
                          whats lavouta? we dont use that in Lerin..lol!
                          No, Im not, I dont even read it. I thought you asked for my opinion...sorry...carry on.
                          So what are you asking me?.....What's that? no I'm not?......I don't even read it...... Read what? Lavoutika?

Gee Sportster by the way, your Macedonian has improved suddenly.

And are you here in Australia or are you in Lerin?

How many Lavoutes are there logging on as Sportster at the moment?

Comment

• Sportster
                            Banned
                            • May 2010

Mikalche you been a smartass, I honestly dont know what lavouta means, Im in Australia, shit boring though remind me not to come again.
                            zborvam po arno ot tebe
                            Dimo and Julie Im here because you are here.

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Sportster View Post
                              Mikalche you been a smartass, I honestly dont know what lavouta means, Im in Australia, shit boring though remind me not to come again.
                              zborvam po arno ot tebe
                              Dimo and Julie Im here because you are here.
                              So who has been your mentor and helping you learn our Macedonian language?
                              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Sportster
                                Banned
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                                So who has been your mentor and helping you learn our Macedonian language?
                                many people and mostly my curiosity. I have been advandaged to meet macedonians of all versions, Grkmans, hard core Republicans, Albanians of tetovo, Bulgarofils, you name it. In some ways I seem to atracted them. Here is a little story that happened about 1 week ago while Im in Australia. I'm staying with these friends who are pure Grkmans we talking hard core, one day I try to start the car given to me and it has no battery, I cross the road to the neighbor who I have noo idea he is Macedonian. I ask his wife if he can jump start me and she says in broken english "I have ask my hoosband" she goes to the fence and talks to him in makedontsi and Im like "wow, I had no idea" the guy dosent even look and says.."NEMA"...I walk away and tell what happened to my friend who says..."dint you know? he is Makedontsi and hates the crap out of us...hates you too cause he probably worked out you are Greek like us, next time tell him.. embati Maikata!"..Ofcourse I will never say that but it increased my macedonian vocubulary!

Comment

Working...
                                X