Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VMRO
    • Sep 2008

I highly doubt SSS lives in Greece.
    Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
      Same. It is so characteristic of them though.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
        Uh, wait buddy. So Constantine Pleures has sued (back) Demetras, thus Demetras faces a trial. That’s kinda normal. How do you accuse Greece of harassing Demetras.

If I sue Demetras myself or if I sue Pleures or both they will face trial. If they sue me, I’ll face a trial.

You would be more serious, fair and useful if you had explained and analyzed the accusations against Demetras or comment on how valid, unfair or ridiculous they are. Even though I live in Greece I haven’t heard of this legal dispute and (at first glance) it doesn’t seem a very serious and noteworthy one.
        SS
        Do you understand what vexatious litigation is?....try Wikipedia...let me know what you find and what relevance it may have to this conversation and the implications of a lawyer engaging in it.....given his undetaking that he swore to uphold when appointed to the bar.
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
          Banned
          • Jan 2014

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          sss You are kjidding you aren't aware that Greece does any harassment on normal people who defend themselves.There are cases upon cases in the human rights watch .THey concluded that Greece is a BULLY harassing people for none other than being Macedonian or speaking Macedonian..
          Are there such cases? Like which ones? Why don't you bring forth THESE cases instead of the (uniquely inessential and narcissistic) legal vendetta between Pleures and Demetras.

Originally posted by George S. View Post
          You are just talking out of your arse ss if you think Greece is ok.As fara as human rights Greece has the worst record in the eu.
          I said that Greece is OK? No, I didn't. I don't even know what you mean. I just said Greece is irrelevant to the fact that two idiots have been suing each other since 2007. You want to write a letter to the Greek Prime Minister about it?!? Jesus, don’t forget to send a letter to Obama too.

Actually, there are several efforts to quantify and rank countries based on human rights issues. These methods are of course questionable, some may find them silly, the way I see it all quantifications can be useful. Here's one, made by an Organization called "Global Network for Rights and Development", Greece is 22nd among 28 countries of European Union.

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
            Banned
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
            Plevris is suing Dimitras for perjury and defamation. You live there, so can you find out what apparent 'falsehoods' Dimitras said about this anti-Semitic maggot?
            I've found info for older cases between them, but no details about this one. Post#1 DOES have a link which brings different and additional info. It says that during an older trial Demetras claimed that Pleures has threatened his life. And now, Pleures sues back for perjury and defamation. I couldn’t verify that, but I can tell you their older disputes were far more stupid.
            In one of his TV shows, Pleures called Demetras a coward who presses charges and eventually doesn’t bring witnesses and doesn’t even come himself to the court. Demetras sued him for defamation and so on...

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
            Yes, I live in Greece, in Thessalonike.

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
            SS
            Do you understand what vexatious litigation is?....try Wikipedia...let me know what you find and what relevance it may have to this conversation and the implications of a lawyer engaging in it.....given his undetaking that he swore to uphold when appointed to the bar.
            The problem here is that both sides seem equally guilty of vexatious litigation (what we call δικομανία). Pfff... lawyers.
            Last edited by Sweet Sixteen; 02-01-2014, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• MHRMI
              • Dec 2009

When Will Macedonia Be Allowed to Compete in the Olympics?

When Will Macedonia Be Allowed to Compete in the Olympics?

“The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” walked in the Winter Olympic opening ceremonies in Sochi, Russia among the other countries that start with the letter “B” (The word “former” begins with “B” in Russian), and waving little flags that somewhat resemble the real Macedonian flag. It was changed in 1995 to appease Greece, the country that is trying to wipe it off the map. When the Olympics are hosted by English-speaking countries, “The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” walks in with the “F”s. Or would it be more appropriate to walk in with the “T”s?

When Macedonian athletes are competing, do their fans chant “Let’s go Formeronians!” or use the acronym and hold up signs “Go FYROM! Make our country proud!” I wonder if the Former Soviet Republic of Uzbekistan exhibits such pride in its culture and heritage. Well, we do know that the Former Ottoman Colony of Greece, ironically celebrated as the birthplace of everything, does. They’re so “proud” of their heritage, they became the first country since Nazi Germany to elect neo-Nazi members, 21 of them, to parliament.

But I digress. One must wonder why Macedonia just doesn’t walk in under the letter “M”. Well, thanks to Greece creating the artificial name dispute, the United States and European Union demanding a “solution” to it, and Macedonia succumbing to the pressure and actually agreeing to negotiate its own name, we’re left with this mess. The Olympic charter claims that “The practice of sport is a human right.” Apparently, using your own country’s name is not.

Greece claims that it objects to Macedonia’s name because it has a province of the same name and there would be a “risk of confusion”. If that were the case, the UN, just as it does with the Macedonian name dispute, would have engaged in nonsensical negotiations between the US State of Georgia and the Republic of Georgia, and Luxembourg and the Belgian province of Luxembourg. The truth is, as former Greek Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis admitted in 1995, is that Greece manufactured the name dispute in order to deny the existence of its large Macedonian minority and Macedonians as a people. After Macedonia was partitioned in 1913 and Greece annexed half of its territory, its policy was that Macedonia didn’t exist and it began a violent campaign aimed at eradicating anything Macedonian. However, its propaganda machine changed course in 1988, foreseeing the imminent independence of the Republic of Macedonia, and began claiming that Macedonia’s land belongs to them, yet the people still do not exist.

Add to this the fact that the vast majority of the world, including the United States and four of five UN Security Council members, have recognized Macedonia using its proper name, yet the name dispute persists. The Unites States has even threatened that if Macedonia withdraws from the name negotiations, it will pull economic and military support, and it claims that a civil war would erupt with Macedonia’s Albanian minority.

So a couple of questions remain. Why is the US pandering to Greece and its irrational claims? Well, the United States, in its infinite wisdom, claims to be a foreign policy expert when it consistently proves the opposite. But, the bigger question is why is the name dispute even an issue? Macedonia has always been known as Macedonia, Greece’s propaganda has flip-flopped, yet Macedonia, unwilling to stand up for its most basic of human rights because it fears the Unites States, continues to try to appear diplomatic and continues the irrational name negotiations.

Well, in the Olympic spirit, and for the sake of common sense, let’s hope that Macedonia begins to use its real name in Olympic competition, and for everything else. While the rest of the world should stand up for basic human rights, Macedonia cannot wait for this to happen. The only way to end the name dispute, once and for all, is for Macedonia to stop negotiating its own name.

Bill Nicholov, President
              Macedonian Human Rights Movement International

###

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: www.mhrmi.org, www.twitter.com/mhrmi, www.facebook.com/mhrmi, [email protected], +1 416-850-7125.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Hi Bill,

Interesting release. Do you have a source for this:

The Unites States has even threatened that if Macedonia withdraws from the name negotiations, it will pull economic and military support, and it claims that a civil war would erupt with Macedonia’s Albanian minority.
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Gocka
                  • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Hi Bill,

Interesting release. Do you have a source for this:
                  Wasn't it the US ambassador to Macedonia who said it? Unless I'm mistaken but I remember it being a US official who said it publicly.

Bill, well done I think the embarrassment at the Olympics can actually help highlight the stupidity of the name dispute and show our argument form a different angle. Over here in the states the Commentators for the walk out actually didn't say FYROM, all they said was and here comes Macedonia, if you are wondering how we went from Bosnia to Macedonia well then just Google it. That's all.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                    Wasn't it the US ambassador to Macedonia who said it? Unless I'm mistaken but I remember it being a US official who said it publicly.
                    When was this? Recently?
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

Two points I want to make:

-Has the Republic of Macedonia ever formally ask the IOC to drop the FYROM reference and be admitted as Macedonia?

-If it has and the request was denied, why not boycott the olympics, and why didn't it boycott the 2004 Olympics in Athens? Or is Macedonia afraid of losing all its medals....
                      Last edited by Niko777; 02-12-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                        -Has the Republic of Macedonia ever formally ask the IOC to drop the FYROM reference and be admitted as Macedonia?
                        No idea, but I highly doubt it. There may have been some wringing of the hands when they first joined the olympics but I doubt a whimper has ever been made since.

Comment

• MHRMI
                          • Dec 2009

Unfortunately, that's how the US operates, and we heard it firsthand from various politicians. I hope that's not too vague.

In addition to demanding that Macedonia actually stand up for itself, we're pushing other countries to denounce the name negotiations.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

This article is incorrect regards the name.Yes Greece chose Fyrom for Macedonia in 1994.In the un it was known & filed as The former Yugoslav republic of Macedonia."".We are really a stupid & backward people why can't we dispense with the silly name the fyrom,We should use & register our constitutional name.Why wait for a new name under the discussions.Stop the name discussions.
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MHRMI View Post
                              Unfortunately, that's how the US operates, and we heard it firsthand from various politicians. I hope that's not too vague.

In addition to demanding that Macedonia actually stand up for itself, we're pushing other countries to denounce the name negotiations.
                              Bill, Macedonian politicians have been making those BS claims for years in a pathetic attempt to justify their slavish committment to the Interim Accord. Its nonsense and just show's their political immaturity.

You might be surprised to know that the US still provides economic assistance to Iran and North Korea. They are just as likely to stop their assistance to Macedonia as they are to the above mentioned - i.e., NEVER.

Besides, according to the US State Department, US assistance to Macedonian only averages around $30 million per year. And even if that was a lot, it is besides the point. We are trying to build a SOVEREIGN state not another puppet state.

I don't think you should be repeating these claims from pathetic men because it only supports their treasonous actions.

Comment

• Pavle Pijanica
                                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                                Bill, Macedonian politicians have been making those BS claims for years in a pathetic attempt to justify their slavish committment to the Interim Accord. Its nonsense and just show's their political immaturity.

You might be surprised to know that the US still provides economic assistance to Iran and North Korea. They are just as likely to stop their assistance to Macedonia as they are to the above mentioned - i.e., NEVER.

Besides, according to the US State Department, US assistance to Macedonian only averages around $30 million per year. And even if that was a lot, it is besides the point. We are trying to build a SOVEREIGN state not another puppet state.

I don't think you should be repeating these claims from pathetic men because it only supports their treasonous actions.
                                Ok, if that's the case, instead of being a bunch of internet warriors who like to vent their spleen on a forum which only a handful of us refer to, why don't you do something about it? Get your citizenship, start a new political party, market yourselves with various key policies and change the society's views on Macedonia.

You have a whole forum who are willing to make things change, why don't you do something rather than relying on diaspora organisations to do so???

Comment

Working...
                                X