Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makedonska_Kafana
    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by zarni View Post
    i liked it no need to be polite
    Correct! Nothing friendly about racists.

Macedonian Patriotic song - Ogan da go gori - YouTube
    http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nicholov
      They like to say "liberated" but one does not slaughter and expel people after a "liberation".
      I like that.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

liberate means it gave freedom to the macedonians from the turks.That is the biggest lie ever told.The greeks also committed genocide forced asssimilation etc you name it they committed attrocities on the macedonian people.Speaking of macedonian was outlawed.
        So it wasn't liberation it was wholesale slavery & slaughter.If the turks were terrible the greeks were much worse.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
          • Oct 2008

Great response, more such direct approaches are needed to set the southern neighbors straight!
          On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• julie
            • May 2009

Bill Nicholov, awesome response, the truth!
            Macedonian Human Rights Movement International, love your work
            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• DedoAleko
              • Jun 2009

Can somebody please explain to me-What options does Macedonia have and what kind of steps can be taken if the government takes such an action and pulls back from these "negotiations","talks" or however they are called?
              Last edited by DedoAleko; 05-24-2012, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DedoAleko View Post
                Can somebody please explain to me-What options does Macedonia have and what kind of steps can be taken if the government takes such an action and pulls back from these "negotiations","talks" or however they are called?
                Options for what? What is it that you think will happen if Macedonia ends the negotiations?
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  Options for what? What is it that you think will happen if Macedonia ends the negotiations?
                  Well,isn't pulling back from the "talks" and declaring the IA null and void just one step? So I was wondering about the next steps that could/should be taken after this happens.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Well,isn't pulling back from the "talks" and declaring the IA null and void just one step? So I was wondering about the next steps that could/should be taken after this happens.
                    That depends on what your ultimate purpose is. What's your ultimate goal?
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• DedoAleko
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                      That depends on what your ultimate purpose is. What's your ultimate goal?
                      Well for starters to get rid of that humiliating acronym Kiro & Co. pinned down to the Macedonians.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Well for starters to get rid of that humiliating acronym Kiro & Co. pinned down to the Macedonians.
                        The acronym is easy. We've discussed that many times here on the MTO. Standard UN practice is to simply circulate a diplomatic note informing the UN members that we will be called 'Macedonia'. If they cannot accept that, then we need to rethink our membership.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Does everyone see this:

The Protocol and Liaison Service sent a memo dated 3 January 2012 informing of the change of the official name from "Republic of Hungary" to "Hungary", as of 1 January 2012. The short name "Hungary" remained unchanged.
                          http://unterm.un.org/dgaacs/unterm.n...6?OpenDocument

This is what sovereign states do. Macedonia, led by traitors and populated by slaves, begs Greece for 20 years and counting. Here's where that led:
                          - Note from Editorial Control: Style of name based on language of A/RES/47/225 (1993) adopted at the time of admission of the country to the United Nations. Resolution referred to "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia". According to Official Records Editing Section (ORES) procedures, initial "T" not capitalized unless it starts a sentence or table cell.
                          - Please note that the official country name "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" using a small "t" was established by the General Assembly in its resolution 47/225 (copy attached below). This was a highly controversial and politicized agreement, and United Nations editors were instructed to leave the entire text of the resolution absolutely intact. The use of the initial word "the" was especially crucial and was explicitly added to ensure that, for seating and voting purposes, the country name would not be alphabetized in English under the word "former". The non-English versions of the country name are unaffected by any controversy relating to the use of the word "the" in the English version; they are thus unaffected by the present note.
                          The following three rules apply to the use of this country name in English text:
                          (1) A capital "T" and the wording "The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" may be used:
                          (a) To begin a sentence;
                          (b) In a "stand-alone" entry within a table or other graphic;
                          (c) In a vertical list of country names.
                          (2) In all other instances, including in running text and running lists of sponsors of draft resolutions, a small "t" and the wording "the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" must be used.
                          (3) The small "f" in "former" may never be capitalized.
                          It has been argued that, if the small "t" were edited to a capital "T" in running text, readers would more readily grasp that the word "the" is part of this unique country name, which is alphabetized next to other countries beginning with the letter "T" rather than next to those beginning with the letter "F" or the letter "Y". Whatever its potential merit, this editorial change is not permissible. The Secretariat does not have the authority to unilaterally modify this controversial General Assembly resolution 15 years after the fact.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Don't the sheeple just hate it when a capital T is used.
                            Risto the Great
                            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              Don't the sheeple just hate it when a capital T is used.
                              They do. Then they write entire essays about how its not a capital T.

Comment

• MHRMI
                                • Dec 2009

Would the United States ever entertain the idea of changing its name?

Would the United States ever entertain the idea of changing its name? Why then, is it asking Macedonia to do so?

Apparently, for the "privilege" of joining NATO. Of course, at the NATO summit in May, Macedonia wasn't even on the agenda.

It should have been painfully obvious that Macedonia wouldn't be invited to join NATO until it solves the so-called "name dispute" with Greece. In 2008, every member-state wanted to extend an invitation to Macedonia, but Greece was permitted to use its veto power to prevent it. To make it "official", point 26 of the Chicago Summit Declaration states,

"We reiterate the agreement at our 2008 Bucharest Summit, as we did at subsequent Summits, to extend an invitation to the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to join the Alliance as soon as a mutually acceptable solution to the name issue has been reached within the framework of the UN, and strongly urge intensified efforts towards that end."

What's worse, that Macedonia continues to negotiate its own name and identity in order to "play with the big boys" or that NATO and the European Union are allowing Greece to hold the rest of the NATO and EU member-states hostage? Of course, Macedonia has also been shamelessly begging for entry into the European Union but, with Greece as a longtime member, that won't happen.

Why is Macedonia so desperate to join two organizations that offer no obvious benefits?

Not only are NATO and the EU allowing Greece to dictate their membership based on its own racist and xenophobic policies, but the European Union also bailed Greece out after it blatantly lied about its economic situation, which has subsequently wreaked havoc with global markets.

The EU also allows Greece to violate its minorities' rights and ignore European Court of Human Rights rulings against it without fear of retribution. All of this while Greece proclaims, and is celebrated as the "birthplace of democracy".

As if it was proving how far it could go, Greek citizens voted in 21 members of the neo-Nazi party Golden Dawn in the country's May elections.

Macedonia's desperation to join NATO and the EU can only be described as pathetic. Macedonia is one of the highest per-capita contributors to NATO missions, even though it is not a member. The Macedonian government decided years ago to sacrifice its own citizens for the sake of joining an organization that doesn't have the guts to stand up to Greece and extend it an invitation. How sad that NATO can't even stand up to its weakest member.

After the NATO Summit in Chicago, Macedonian Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski expressed disgust at the lack of an invitation, criticized the West and ultimately blamed Greece. Makes sense, but he forgot to include Macedonia's involvement in this mess. By negotiating its own name, Macedonia is telling the world that it is willing to change it. The simple, and only, solution is that Macedonia should immediately end the name negotiations and never should have started them in the first place.

Greece claims that it objects to the Republic of Macedonia's name because it creates "confusion” with the province of Macedonia, that it annexed after the partition of Macedonia's entire territory in 1913. However, former Greek Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis admitted in 1995 that Greece initiated the nonsensical name dispute to continue to deny the existence of its large, indigenous Macedonian minority.

Ironically, Greece now claims that “Macedonia is Greek”, but it was not until 1988, when Greece realized that independence for the Republic of Macedonia was imminent, that it renamed “Northern Greece” to “Macedonia.” Prior to this, Greece’s policy was that Macedonia did not exist.

Despite the intense Greek propaganda, over 130 countries have recognized Macedonia, including four of the five permanent UN Security Council members. So this begs the question, why are countries that have already recognized Macedonia asking it to compromise with Greece and change its name? The answer, again, is because Macedonia is continuing to negotiate its own name.

If Macedonia is just going through the motions to appear diplomatic, as some politicians have suggested, it has obviously been a huge failure. Instead of showing its flexibility in trying to find a "solution", it has frustrated the United States and other western countries because this dispute has been going on for 21 years, with no end in sight. Of course, it's common sense to see that there is no solution when one country is being asked to change its name to appease another country's racist notion that it has no right to exist. It also doesn't excuse the United States demanding that a country change its name. Is this how the US sees itself as "spreading democracy and human rights" throughout the world?

As the Our Name is Macedonia campaign (which demands that Macedonia end the name negotiations) states "Would any other country negotiate its own name?". To clearly show how ridiculous the name dispute is, it also asks "Should the US state of Georgia demand that the Republic of Georgia change its name?"

If this issue wasn't so serious, it would be laughable.

Bill Nicholov, President
                                Macedonian Human Rights Movement International

###

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook.com/mhrmi, [email protected], 1-416-850-7125.

Comment

Working...
                                X