Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Well done and thank you AMHRC/MHRMI
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

We must communicate to the rom govt to weigh up it's options.In any event a majority of macedonians don't approve any name change.So negotiating a name is useless & dangerous thing to do.Also wanting to join the eu with the self destructive demands placed on macedonia above all other reasonable rationale having been met by macedonia.Also being asked to change their name to enter nato or the eu is comparable to having a gun at your head & being forced to change one's identity.The message shouyld be clear to the macedonian govt that given the way it has been treated by greece ,eu,nato & us lately all the more to stop the name negotiations.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
        Banned
        • May 2011

A few days ago I said why does the UMD bother so many now I get why if the UMD dont condem this it will not be forgotten offcourse the silence from the Macedonian Government is horrible

Comment

• Mikail
          • Sep 2008

Well done MHRMI/AMHRC. Very well said!
          From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MHRMI View Post
            MHRMI and AMHRC Denounce Clinton’s Demands that Macedonia “Solve” the Name Dispute

Toronto and Melbourne (July 19, 2011) - Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) and the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) denounce US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s statement that, “The government in Skopje needs to know that it will not be able to move forward on its European integration until it does resolve this (issue). And, obviously, Greece has to be willing to accept how the name is resolved.”

In other words Clinton has told a sovereign nation – Macedonia - that it must surrender the most basic right possessed by any state – the right to self-identification; if it wants to become a part of Europe. The US, ‘leader of the free world’, as on other occasions in relation to Macedonia, has shown itself to be unequal to the task of upholding the most basic tenants of liberty and indeed international law.

The United States recognized Macedonia in 2004, yet it calls for a name change. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Considering the apparent inability of the EU to manage its economic affairs properly, MHRMI and AMHRC are not at all convinced that Macedonia’s membership in such an institution is in its best interests. However, the point is that we cannot abide by declarations which amount to the blackmail of ‘forgo your rights and change your name or else’. We have written to the State Department demanding an explanation and immediate US condemnation of the name negotiations.

MHRMI and AMHRC began an advertising campaign in Macedonia over a year ago, advocating an end to the farcical and racist name “negotiations” between Macedonia and Greece. For anyone interested in joining the Our Name is Macedonia campaign, please use the following link: http://www.mhrmi.org/our_name_is_macedonia

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: http://www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook, [email protected], 416-850-7125.

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non governmental organisation that advocates before governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit http://www.macedonianhr.org.au, or contact AMHRC by email [email protected] or via +61 3 93298960.
            Excellent work. It seems that Clinton is towing a "Democratic" line towards Macedonia which hasn't changed since the days of her husband whose coat-tail she rides to advance her career in politics.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Zarni
              Banned
              • May 2011

I skipped over to maknews to see no UMD response only a press release by them actually asking why Clinton did not visit Macedonia

I dont want any Clinton era goat to ever set foot on Macedonian soil from Albright to Kerry they are all criminals and should face court for the Interventation Charter they started in the 90's which NATO is copying to a tea in Libya today and Iraq before that

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
                I skipped over to maknews to see no UMD response only a press release by them actually asking why Clinton did not visit Macedonia
                I dont want any Clinton era goat to ever set foot on Macedonian soil from Albright to Kerry they are all criminals and should face court for the Interventation Charter they started in the 90's which NATO is copying to a tea in Libya today and Iraq before that
                I wouldn't expect UMD to say anything, regarding the U.S negation of our identity. Actually, UMD wouldn't see this kind of a statement as a negation of our rights or our identity. They would view it ultimately as a positive step, because fundamentally, UMD still take the view that the negotiations are "necessary" (particularly A.Mitreski) and the only way to "move forward". How can UMD honestly take a principled, defensive position, and not piss off the very people it is trying to 'build bridges' to given what we know about the West's position?
                Last edited by Pelister; 07-21-2011, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• Currency Trader
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MHRMI View Post
                  MHRMI and AMHRC Denounce Clinton’s Demands that Macedonia “Solve” the Name Dispute

Toronto and Melbourne (July 19, 2011) - Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) and the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) denounce US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s statement that, “The government in Skopje needs to know that it will not be able to move forward on its European integration until it does resolve this (issue). And, obviously, Greece has to be willing to accept how the name is resolved.”

In other words Clinton has told a sovereign nation – Macedonia - that it must surrender the most basic right possessed by any state – the right to self-identification; if it wants to become a part of Europe. The US, ‘leader of the free world’, as on other occasions in relation to Macedonia, has shown itself to be unequal to the task of upholding the most basic tenants of liberty and indeed international law.

The United States recognized Macedonia in 2004, yet it calls for a name change. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Considering the apparent inability of the EU to manage its economic affairs properly, MHRMI and AMHRC are not at all convinced that Macedonia’s membership in such an institution is in its best interests. However, the point is that we cannot abide by declarations which amount to the blackmail of ‘forgo your rights and change your name or else’. We have written to the State Department demanding an explanation and immediate US condemnation of the name negotiations.
                  MHRMI & AMHRC,

You've been doing fine work specializing in your core area of human rights issues and keeping track of statements pertaining to human rights. In regards to Ms Clinton's statements, you are once again focusing on the human rights issue, the area of specialized expertise.

But the statement of how EU manages its economic affairs is in my opinion out of your specialized area and unfortunate. It should not have been in the press release. MHRMI & AMHRC reputation and core knowledge is within human rights, not how economic affairs should be handled, or whether the econmic affairs of EU is good or bad for Rep. of Macedonia.

That is unless you are now opening up another front of specialized interest/knowledge/branch of how economic affairs should be handled within unions or states.

The core purpose of this press release (as I understand it) is how Ms Clinton expressed herself, in such way, that it could be interpretated as double standard - Your finests job is to be a human rights organization.

Regards from a hot Rep. of Macedonia.

/

Comment

• AMHRC
                    De-registered
                    • Sep 2009

CT,

You are entitled to your opinion. However, there is little question in our minds that the EU has been mismanaging its economic affairs for a long time now. The EU is not just Germany, France and England; it is also Spain, Ireland, Italy, Bulgaria and Greece.

Numerous qualified commentators from both left and right of the centre, have pointed this fact out. It is precisely because of very long term mismanagement, that the second category of countries listed above, have now brought the economic structures of the EU to the brink destruction.

Moreover, it is very arguable that serious technical reform of Macedonian state administration, in the fields of business and law, as-well as serious efforts to re-educate a culture based on "vrski", will do more in the long term/organically to strengthen the Macedonian economy than EU membership. History shows that the impetus for such reform needs to come from within, it is extremely difficult for external institutions to export such reformation. To illustrate the point: the "vrski" problem, if anything, is more serious in Greece than it is in Macedonia and yet decades of EC/EU membership did less than nothing to prevent it's maintenance and perhaps even growth in Greece.

AMHRC.
                    Last edited by AMHRC; 07-21-2011, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
                      MHRMI & AMHRC,

You've been doing fine work specializing in your core area of human rights issues and keeping track of statements pertaining to human rights. In regards to Ms Clinton's statements, you are once again focusing on the human rights issue, the area of specialized expertise.

But the statement of how EU manages its economic affairs is in my opinion out of your specialized area and unfortunate. It should not have been in the press release. MHRMI & AMHRC reputation and core knowledge is within human rights, not how economic affairs should be handled, or whether the econmic affairs of EU is good or bad for Rep. of Macedonia.

That is unless you are now opening up another front of specialized interest/knowledge/branch of how economic affairs should be handled within unions or states.

The core purpose of this press release (as I understand it) is how Ms Clinton expressed herself, in such way, that it could be interpretated as double standard - Your finests job is to be a human rights organization.

/
                      CT, you should take your own advice and refrain from commenting on issue you have no idea about...which includes just about everything.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
                        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
                        MHRMI & AMHRC,

/
                        I'm sure that the AMHRC consists of suitably qualified professionals that have no problem reading balance sheets and have a strong understanding of the economic katostrofia that is the EU at the moment...

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by zarni View Post
                          a few days ago i said why does the umd bother so many now i get why if the umd dont condem this it will not be forgotten offcourse the silence from the macedonian government is horrible
                          umd, is a bad joke!!
                          http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• julie
                            • May 2009

CT, are you the head of the EU??
                            Your defense continually, is quite nauseating
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Currency Trader
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by AMHRC View Post
                              CT,

You are entitled to your opinion. However, there is little question in our minds that the EU has been mismanaging its economic affairs for a long time now. The EU is not just Germany, France and England; it is also Spain, Ireland, Italy, Bulgaria and Greece.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. But AMHRC & MHRMI has been for EU economic integration until (at least) last year before the launch of "My name" campaign last year.

Is it your stated policy, now, that EU is NOT good for Macedonia due to the "inability" to handle its economic affairs?

Yes, EU is not just Germany, France, England, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Bulgaria and Greece - EU is ALSO most central, eastern and northern European countries, including the Baltic states. About 27 countries in total. Some countries are doing better than others but that's only normal. Various countries have different time progress.

Its also important to understand that EU countries have had their own responsibility to handle their state budgets and fiscal discipline, just like other nations such as U.S (Structurally/financially sound?) or Japan. Moreover, its equally important to understand how and what has caused country specific imbalances. Not every EU country you mention is entirely due to EU "mismanaging" its economic affairs.

You mention Bulgaria and Ireland. Can you shed some specific points to what exactly is being the fault of EU mismanagement here?

--------------

Numerous qualified commentators from both left and right of the centre, have pointed this fact out. It is precisely because of very long term mismanagement, that the second category of countries listed above, have now brought the economic structures of the EU to the brink destruction.
                              Granted that there has been poor enforcement or supervision of standards and regulations. However, it appears that law makers and politicians are taking the issue seriously enough to deal with the structural problem. The individual countries you mention as the "second" category are also taking actions on EU recommendations or by their own will.

-----------------

Moreover, it is very arguable that serious technical reform of Macedonian state administration, in the fields of business and law, as-well as serious efforts to re-educate a culture based on "vrski", will do more in the long term/organically to strengthen the Macedonian economy than EU membership.
                              If anything, its the quality of technical reform that could make the difference. However, I wouldn't expect a flawless "no-connection" culture as Macedonia is still a very small country of 2 million people where everyone (almost) knows each other. Some Macedonian people living in RoM have a different view of themselves and their capabilities. They see EU as some watch dog against some corrupt Macedonian politicians. They don't think the country can do it all by itself, at least not in this life time.

At any rate, new candidate countries are being guided by EU of how to make reforms. This guidence has moved the country forward. The membership status is the final accomplishment that most other EU nations have decided to join.

Are you suggesting that Macedonia should go at it all alone?

Secondly, do you consider that all other EU nations that gained EU membership was a mistake made?

-------------

History shows that the impetus for such reform needs to come from within, it is extremely difficult for external institutions to export such reformation. To illustrate the point: the "vrski" problem, if anything, is more serious in Greece than it is in Macedonia and yet decades of EC/EU membership did less than nothing to prevent it's maintenance and perhaps even growth in Greece.

You cite Greece as your primary example of the difficulty by external institutions to export reformations. What other examples can you cite for history?

Lets be fair and objective, Greece is in its own deception league. No other country has so flagrantly lied time-after-time about its state accounting. Not to mention corrupt and irresponsible politicians and people.

However, you seem to suggest, if I'm not wrong, that no member states have managed to import reforms and recommendations by EU. Is that what you are suggesting?

Obviously, a country that can reform by itself to the point that it leads to meaningful development, is a big plus - but that does not mean a country cannot import reformation or guidelines from the outside and still do well for the long haul.

Thanks for your response!

Regards.

/

Comment

• julie
                                • May 2009

In a weeks time, will be going to Ireland , Scotland , England, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece and Turkey.
                                Between myself and my husband, we have family everywhere bar Turkey
                                Will see what the families living under the conditions of the EU have to say, firsthand

You state "Macedonia cannot go it alone".
                                Interesting statement

Comment

Working...
                                X